No Takers For The Jetskis.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

jetskis just cause noise pollution, they stink and are a danger to swimmers, really like that they are mostly absent from Koh Tao, saw a couple for rent at Tanote bay, I hope there is no one stupid enough to rent them,

Edited by daoyai

I myself would like to try out a jetski on Samui, but before we arrived we read a lot of warnings concerning jetskies and the scams involved, so we never bothered to find a honest rental.

Talked to some other Danes, and they overheard and saw some people getting scammed, but couldn't do anything to help them.

Sad because i think a lot of tourists would like to try out jetskies, but does not want to take the chance of getting scammed.

That beeing said, i think it it's nice not having jetskies all over the beach.

I myself would like to try out a jetski on Samui, but before we arrived we read a lot of warnings concerning jetskies and the scams involved, so we never bothered to find a honest rental.

Talked to some other Danes, and they overheard and saw some people getting scammed, but couldn't do anything to help them.

Sad because i think a lot of tourists would like to try out jetskies, but does not want to take the chance of getting scammed.

That beeing said, i think it it's nice not having jetskies all over the beach.

Have a think about it.....the beaches would be better without these things buzzing around polluting the water and endangering life....

Edited by smokie36

if they were not such greedy basterds then they might make a descent living.

if people do behave badly after being warned at tghe begining then they deserve to be fined but i have a problem with people being charged for gamage that they have not done.

shame there is not a govement regulator for these people because jet skis are enjoyable just a shame that they are so corrupt

Wow!

A lot of hate here for jetski guys, some of them are just trying to make a living renting them out to tourists.

But as usual, throw them all into the same pigeon hole and call them scammers and rip off merchants!

They are not all saints but they are not all mafia types either.

I don't know how many times I have seen tourists hire a jetski, have an accident, damage the jetski and then refuse to pay up because they think they are being scammed, when they are given the contract they have signed, they act like it is the first time they have seen it and start getting all aggressive.

Make no mistake, I would be happier if there weren't any jetski's on the beaches, but they are and we have to accept it.

Remember, it is the tourists who use them that create the danger to swimmers and other beach goers, not the guys who hire them out.

I bet a lot of you guys do not even know a jetski guy, you have just read bad things on here, seen something on youtube or some other media and have made up your minds they are all untrustworthy, greedy Thais.

Wow!

A lot of hate here for jetski guys, some of them are just trying to make a living renting them out to tourists.

But as usual, throw them all into the same pigeon hole and call them scammers and rip off merchants!

I don't know how many times I have seen tourists hire a jetski, have an accident, damage the jetski and then refuse to pay up because they think they are being scammed, when they are given the contract they have signed, they act like it is the first time they have seen it and start getting all aggressive.

Make no mistake, I would be happier if there weren't any jetski's on the beaches, but they are and we have to accept it.

Remember, it is the tourists who use them that create the danger to swimmers and other beach goers, not the guys who hire them out.

I bet a lot of you guys do not even know a jetski guy, you have just read bad things on here, seen something on youtube or some other media and have made up your minds they are all untrustworthy, greedy Thais.

i do know some jet ski guys. They wanted to fight us all because he wanted 100 baht of all of us because he said we were 5 minutes late. problem was they lost face because i timed it on my watch from the moment i walked to the jet ski. i was back 5 minutes early.

then i told he that he started his watch from the moment that outr group paid.

basically charged us to put our life jackets on. so hadn't even turned the key and we did not know we were already burning time.

anyway. we didn't pay the <deleted> even though they went for us. we just walked off.

as for other jet ski people i know some othem also. some are ok but make no mistake if a fight kicks off no matter whos fault it is then they all jump in.

i have seen and whitnessed it.

yes some forangs are proper stupid and need a hiding. one bloke drove in a paralle line about 5 meters from the beach. funnily enough he got a bollockin then he ran away like mr blobbing running up the beach with his belly hangong out.

i have seen loads of people being charged for stuff they did not do and some people being rightly charged for the stuff they do do.

so with the jet ski people working with the tourist police gives them power. so i would never know if the guys were geniun till i get stitched up by then it is too late. so no jet skis for me unless i buy one.

there is a way to rent them out without being stiched up. that is to film the whole thing. if u stick to there laws and time and u do nothing wrong. then u can take the case to court. the camera does not lie. there again how many tourists have time to go to court

Edited by BigC

Wow!

some of them are just trying to make a living renting them out to tourists.

I am sure that is true. It is the bosses that put pressure on them to make money that need to be tackled first.

yes that is very true

Wow!

I would suggest you sit at the centara beach for 5 minutes and you will see it is not the tourist creating danger to the swimmers but the jet ski boys.

Wow!

some of them are just trying to make a living renting them out to tourists.

Same goes for the guy that drives the Thaiboxing car, the timeshare guy, the Indian guy outside the tailor shop, The poor taxi driver that is unable turn on the meter, the poor owner of Bangkok airways and Bangkok Samui hospital.

All just trying to make a living

• 4 weeks later...

:o Is this a first? Jet ski operators arrested? I always thought they were 'above' the law.

Will be interesting to see how this develops. Were they arrested because the Marriot Hotel didn't want the disturbance on their property, or was it because of the scam?:unsure:

Yes, Marriot Hotel called the tourist Police, not the regular Police. :rolleyes:

do u lot minde i used to be a jet ski but ha to retire early due to forang riding me too hard !

now i have to spend the rest of me life with a damaged motor, wing and handle bar.

spare a thought for us ski

Nope I've no symapthy for ya after all those years of va va vroom with all them different farang.

Us poor beach towels have had sand kicked in our faces for years....serves you right!!

Heard a story about an Australian found in a refuse bag on Samui a while back and a claim that it was because of a dispute with JetSki boys....though equally it could have been something to do with an unscrupulous business partner. Any truth in it?

No truth in it. biggrin.gif

Heard a story about an Australian found in a refuse bag on Samui a while back and a claim that it was because of a dispute with JetSki boys....though equally it could have been something to do with an unscrupulous business partner. Any truth in it?

Seen a few Aussies wearing refuse bags after the last Ashes series....you can run but you can't hide....hehe...another 15 months of jibes....we shall never tire of it! biggrin.gif

Do you mean "there is no truth in it" or "you just haven't heard about it"?

Do you mean "there is no truth in it" or "you just haven't heard about it"?

Well my initial reply was in Jest to an off topic remark.

There was nothing reported in the media. So until I can see this,or get it confirmed through official channels , it's just what it is, a rumour.

was he alive. He might have been sleeping in it. or he might have been drunk and put it on his head span round 3 times then tried to run in a straight line 50 meters for his next beer.

maybe a drinking compition with the jet ski boys. last person to pass out loses.

B)

i herd and sore that same story but not in samui in the Kings Cross in a series called the Under Belly. Wicked bit of telly that is. HBO watch all 3 back to back. Like the Sapranos but better and the characters are real people. i mean their names are the real names as in real life.

quality :lol:

• 4 months later...

it's unfortunate that it's come to this because people obviously want to ride the jet ski's. hope that tourists do in fact avoid them though, can't say that i'd miss the early morning and late afternoon jetski convoys or the bad attitudes or the constant scamming, sucks that everyone has to suffer because of a few rotten apples.

I think the Islands will be just fine without Jetskis, reputable or otherwise. Jetskis are dangerous to other beach users and create both noise and water pollution.

I like the jet ski boys… I like the fact they don't get all subservient with the cretins. Those ones that come with that ever present western sense of superiority.

Have a stroll down the beach and give the Thieving Crooks some of your money then,i'm sure they need it,now that the world knows their Scam / Scum.