No Takers For The Jetskis.

it's unfortunate that it's come to this because people obviously want to ride the jet ski's. hope that tourists do in fact avoid them though, can't say that i'd miss the early morning and late afternoon jetski convoys or the bad attitudes or the constant scamming, sucks that everyone has to suffer because of a few rotten apples.

I think the Islands will be just fine without Jetskis, reputable or otherwise. Jetskis are dangerous to other beach users and create both noise and water pollution.

there is no reason to ban everything that is dangerous. as long as people obay the guide lines like stay away from swimmer and do not ride close to other jet skis and boats and the jet ski opertators tell people where the rocks are then there is nothting wrong with having fun. Danger is the price of freedome and i like !!

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

well we have hit the lamai beach and chaweng beaches on a daily basis and have seen and lot of jet-ski's been used without any trouble as i have been watching out when they come back in.maybe they have the hint now?????????????????

it's unfortunate that it's come to this because people obviously want to ride the jet ski's. hope that tourists do in fact avoid them though, can't say that i'd miss the early morning and late afternoon jetski convoys or the bad attitudes or the constant scamming, sucks that everyone has to suffer because of a few rotten apples.

I think the Islands will be just fine without Jetskis, reputable or otherwise. Jetskis are dangerous to other beach users and create both noise and water pollution.

there is no reason to ban everything that is dangerous. as long as people obay the guide lines like stay away from swimmer and do not ride close to other jet skis and boats and the jet ski opertators tell people where the rocks are then there is nothting wrong with having fun. Danger is the price of freedome and i like !!

I'm not saying they should be banned, but nobody will shed a tear if they disappear because of lack of business.

I'm not saying they should be banned, but nobody will shed a tear if they disappear because of lack of business.

i get your point though it is a shame that they they are so un trust worthy cause it is allot of fun bouncing offthe waves. if you do crash then you deserve to pay. probably more than the damage is worth.

they are a business not a charity. also they do have a point that whilst the jet ski is out of the water then they are losing money,

problem is that the untrust worthy crtiminals play on this and try to make people pay for damage that they did not do. which i have a problem with

I walk about 2km every day on Chaweng Beach and I sit near the jet ski rental. I can tell you that the scams have started again, not every hour like the past, but they will probably push it until there is an uproar. I see many more riding them this year and the scammers will probably try to recoup some of the revenue lost from the past few years when there were few takers. You stay here long enough and you see the scams go in cycles. This will never go away as too many people are making plenty of money at the cost of tarnishing Samui's image once more.

• Like 1

I walk about 2km every day on Chaweng Beach and I sit near the jet ski rental. I can tell you that the scams have started again, not every hour like the past, but they will probably push it until there is an uproar. I see many more riding them this year and the scammers will probably try to recoup some of the revenue lost from the past few years when there were few takers. You stay here long enough and you see the scams go in cycles. This will never go away as too many people are making plenty of money at the cost of tarnishing Samui's image once more.

respect-067.gif

R

respect-067.gif

R

Good post Rob

I'll never forget the day that I was sat at the Ark Bar, staring wistfully out to sea, when I suddenly noticed an airborne jetski; as my attention switched to it, I saw the jetski behind it hit the submerged rocks and get airborne as well... Poor fools. By the time they turned around and scraped back over the rocks into deeper water, two jetski dudes were speeding out to them, most probably licking their lips. Would love to know how much the poor suckers had to pay...

Reputable rental businesses have insurance for these events, and factor the cost of insurance into the rental price.

95% of jetski operators in Thailand are criminals, nobody will be sorry to see them off Samui's beaches.

hold on a miniute if motor bikes are not inssurence for leasees then what makes you think that jet skis are.

i am all up for paying for damage that i have done and probably more than the actual cost as they are a business. i would have a massive problem in paying for damage that i have not done.

there again don't people now days take photos of the jet skis before they rent them or might that act against you if they did charge you for fdamage that you could not see under the jet ski.

If i was to rent a jet ski which i dount i shall because i can't be bothered then i would check the ski take photos of it and have someone video me from the beach. i can also use the video for watchin for fun later after even if there was not any trouble..

like i say the price we pay for freedome.

respect-067.gif

R

that remindes me bit off topic but i have seen those scamming forang time share sellers and they are quicker at kid napping people than before.

they have a car near by and then the rush off quickly straight after they have made a sale.

i wonder who is protecting these people.

If i was to go up to one and give one of the a proper slap. then who am i really messing with. who should i exepect to come after me.

suppose there is only one way to find out. maybe i shall be the bait. if i do not report back then their back up if very strong round and bullet shapped lol

respect-067.gif

R

that remindes me bit off topic but i have seen those scamming forang time share sellers and they are quicker at kid napping people than before.

they have a car near by and then the rush off quickly straight after they have made a sale.

i wonder who is protecting these people.

If i was to go up to one and give one of the a proper slap. then who am i really messing with. who should i exepect to come after me.

suppose there is only one way to find out. maybe i shall be the bait. if i do not report back then their back up if very strong round and bullet shapped lol

i have to say spot on there we were in chaweng and i guy jumped off this bike like he was in a hurry were are you guys from England, oz,he could not talk quick enough and then took my wife bythe arm as he done this i asked him to take his hand off my wife as her face was in shock as he asked were we were stay i say we have a house here he quickly jumped on his bike as quickly as he got of off again.and redid off lol