Ed Visa 1 Year Do You Pay Money Every 90 Days?

sure that's what it says on the website but it appears that only applies to bangkok and pattaya.

In chiang Mai they will give you 12 months.

Don't believe me, call up a language school in chiang mai and ask them or better yet actually apply in Chiang Mai like I have.

The reason for this thread was to work out who has to pay every 3 months and who can get 12 months.

Now we can safely say that if you live in Chiang Mai you get 12 months but if your in bangkok or pattaya you have to extend every 90 days.

• 6 months later...
sure that's what it says on the website but it appears that only applies to bangkok and pattaya.

In chiang Mai they will give you 12 months.

Don't believe me, call up a language school in chiang mai and ask them or better yet actually apply in Chiang Mai like I have.

The reason for this thread was to work out who has to pay every 3 months and who can get 12 months.

Now we can safely say that if you live in Chiang Mai you get 12 months but if your in bangkok or pattaya you have to extend every 90 days.

Seems a bit odd. My understanding is that there visa and reporting are separate things. On a single entry you enter and get a 90 day visa not a one year however you can extend it every 90 days up to a year. Separately you must also rapport your address every 90 days. If you had a multi it would be a 1 year but then yiu must leave and return every 90 days which also allows you to skip repporting req. That is on my previous non imm o. I assume ed would be the same. In any case I am concerned that you and others may be unintentionally letting your 90 day visa expire if as you say you are on a single entry 90 day.and you simply did the 90 day raportig rather than actually extending your visa. You might want to get that checked out because issues migration arise when you try to leave.

However if your situation is fine that would be great news for thai language studiers in Chang Mai.

Posted with Thaivisa App http://apps.thaivisa.com

Hi. I attend Pro Language School in Chiang Mai. At my school students only pay once a year for the visa, but you must go every 90 days to report. You can extend the visa for another year if you wish. Here are the details from Pro Language School.

Student visa courses are available in both Thai and English lessons. Students who register for 180 lessons (Thai course), or 90 lessons (English course), and pay the full tuition fee of 23,000 baht/course will be eligible for a 1 year ED Visa. First, students will get a Non-immigrant ED Visa for 3 months and then a 9 month Student Visa by extending it every 3 months and paying a Government fee of 1,900 baht. The school will prepare all the documents from the Ministry of Education for the students to have the Visa issued from a Thai Embassy and to get it extended at the Immigration on Chaengwattana road in Bangkok or at another Immigration office (Chiang Mai).

Hope this clears up any confusion.

I can recommend Pro Language school for anyone interested in obtaining an ED visa. I have been there for over 2 years on this Visa and have never had any problems with it, or the school. Also the quality of teaching and course material is really good.

You may pay one time per year (if you were provided a one year extension of stay) but the above clearly says you pay 1,900 baht every 3 months (extending it every 3 months requires a new 1,900 baht fee every three months) so they wrote it wrong and the three months refers to address reports rather than extensions of stay?