Honda Wave

stewyk71

I work and live a few hours nth of Bangkok and are looking for a 2nd hand Honda wave

So far the prices seem a bit over the top(my thai teachers have been asking for me)

I not turn up no need to double these prices

Anyone can help me out with a ballpark figure

Stuart

you can get a new one for 34,000 thb with a few extras thrown in like insurance /tax,/number plate etc

i wouldnt give too much for a 6 year old one tbh

a 6 MONTH old red one is in my local yamaha dealer and i offered her 26k for it and she turned it down though

she says she paid more than that for it :rolleyes:(she wanted 30k inittialy )

I'd be wary of used Thai motorbikes. Especially ones over 1/2 a decade old. As indestructible as the Honda Wave is, it may well have never been given an oil change or any sort of maintenance and the owner and his mates may have put their mechanical expertise to boring out the engine for more power.

I'd go to a dealer, like Sumet Honda and buy either nearly new or new, on finance if you need it.

This would be better than taking a sizable risk and perhaps losing what you spend.

you can get a new one for 34,000 thb with a few extras thrown in like insurance /tax,/number plate etc

a 6 MONTH old red one is in my local yamaha dealer and i offered her 26k for it and she turned it down though

A new Honda wave 125 is B54K plus, where did you get B34K from? I think a 110 is B46K plus

A new Honda wave 125 is B54K plus, where did you get B34K from? I think a 110 is B46K plus

who said he needs a 125 cc ? why not get a 100 or 110 cc

they sell in the mid 35-40k thb in dealers around DinDaeng but im not an expert on waves so that may be

last seasons model or something

obviously there is lower and higher spec models available ......

drum brakes or for disc add a couple of grand

electric starter over kick start add another couple of grand

EFI is extra obviously but unless its old stock they will all have EFI anyway

for 54k plus id take an elegance or airblade

New Honda wave 110i Front-Rear Drum brake, kickstart, 110cc, PGM-FI Price 34,000 Baht

Source: http://www.motorcycl...ycle_Price_List

Yep. But at the dealers they are running at about 36,000b up.... also if keeping for a long time who wants drum brakes and no electric start?

For a decent 5 year old Wave 125 you are looking at between 18,000 and 25,000b. or 12-18mth old 110i about 29,000b.

look on mocyc.com for ideas of price.. also you may find a bargain.

Wave list prices mean nothing today, as they did not produce enought. I recently bought a new 125 at 53k. Not much to negotiate. I had one time very bad experience with a second hand wave. I would only buy it, if I now the owner, preferrably farang. I would also not buy a Wave with drum brakes only. And in no case I would buy a PCX (too fat) or a Nuovo as those are the damned automatics.

Wave list prices mean nothing today, as they did not produce enought. I recently bought a new 125 at 53k. Not much to negotiate. I had one time very bad experience with a second hand wave. I would only buy it, if I now the owner, preferrably farang. I would also not buy a Wave with drum brakes only. And in no case I would buy a PCX (too fat) or a Nuovo as those are the damned automatics.

my "damned automatic nouvo " makes me "dam_n happy " to drive it

it can store a full face helmet or a laptop bone dry through a monsoon in the storage compartment with room to spare without a gay looking basket bolted on to the front handle bar

can ur damned wave do that ? :whistling:

PS-if you paid 53-54k for a wave ,you got raped :rolleyes:

Edited by wana

New Honda wave 110i Front-Rear Drum brake, kickstart, 110cc, PGM-FI Price 34,000 Baht

Source: http://www.motorcycl...ycle_Price_List

Yep. But at the dealers they are running at about 36,000b up.... also if keeping for a long time who wants drum brakes and no electric start?

For a decent 5 year old Wave 125 you are looking at between 18,000 and 25,000b. or 12-18mth old 110i about 29,000b.

look on mocyc.com for ideas of price.. also you may find a bargain.

Thanks for the info

it can store a full face helmet or a laptop bone dry through a monsoon in the storage compartment with room to spare without a gay looking basket bolted on to the front handle bar

He's right, a new Honda 125 is B53,000, they went up from B51,500 this month.

This website's prices has not been updated for a couple of yearsyears, even if the date at the top says its current.

http://www.motorcycle.in.th/staticpages/index.php/Honda_Motorcycle_Price_List

"PS-if you paid 53-54k for a wave ,you got raped"

Please tell where you can a one cheaper?

This website's prices has not been updated for a couple of yearsyears, even if the date at the top says its current.

http://www.motorcycl...ycle_Price_List

check more dealers ,theres a massive differnce amongst them

a cbr 250 r for example retails from 99k -160k with a 2+ month waiting list

the wave 110 can still be bought around Bang Sue and also Dindaeng 35-39 k depending on shop

not sure about the 125c but 53-54 grand sounds on the high side to me although one shop told me there

is a problem now with honda dealers exporting waves to vietnam to fetch higher prices so theres a "shortage "

the honda dream is going back into production around 39k and this should help settle the market value of waves

http://www.motorcycl...ycle_Price_List

check more dealers ,theres a massive differnce amongst them

a cbr 250 r for example retails from 99k -160k with a 2+ month waiting list

the wave 110 can still be bought around Bang Sue and also Dindaeng 35-39 k depending on shop

not sure about the 125c but 53-54 grand sounds on the high side to me although one shop told me there

is a problem now with honda dealers exporting waves to vietnam to fetch higher prices so theres a "shortage "

the honda dream is going back into production around 39k and this should help settle the market value of waves

Same here, the storage space of the Nouvo has no competitors, apart from the PCX.

Also, 135cc is more then enough for a scooter.

I have been looking for one of those gay/straight or even a lesbian basket for it for a while, couldn't find anyone wishing to modify it, anyway, i got a big box at the back instead, not sure about his/her sexual preferences though :lol: