Where Are The Locals Staying?

radiola

I wonder where the locals are staying, are they all stacked in nirun condo

I have to move from bkk, is there a serviced appartment hotel in pattaya for 7000 bht permonth with internet, and pool?

What are the average prices in pattaya?

Is it more exepnsive than BKK?

Locally springs to mind. You've asked the age old question. Although nice to have there's a huge (if dirty) ocean out there and there are more internet shops than beauty shops. The owner would not be doing his duty if he didn't screw every baht out of you. I pay 6,000 for my room, 300 baht per month for internet and a bank breaking 39 baht for water for a room only slightly bigger than the bed. My mate has a room at 1,800 (yep, you read it right). for bare concrete floor, mattress, fan and cockroaches.

For the cheap charlie haters out there I don't change because the exchange rate HAS had an effect on my way of life and its still way way better here.

No problem to find places like that for 5000 and up , if you are willing to live away from the tourist area. Thais they live even cheaper , 2000 for a room with fan.

Edited by balo

Locally springs to mind. You've asked the age old question. Although nice to have there's a huge (if dirty) ocean out there and there are more internet shops than beauty shops. The owner would not be doing his duty if he didn't screw every baht out of you. I pay 6,000 for my room, 300 baht per month for internet and a bank breaking 39 baht for water for a room only slightly bigger than the bed. My mate has a room at 1,800 (yep, you read it right). for bare concrete floor, mattress, fan and cockroaches.

For the cheap charlie haters out there I don't change because the exchange rate HAS had an effect on my way of life and its still way way better here.

Not knocking you, kudos to you, shows it can be done.

But, Holy Shit, where are you from, Somalia or something? If so I understand.

I pay 2,800 baht rent for a nice roomy 35sqm apt on Soi Siam Country Club. Very spacious, smallish balcony and the normal furniture (big fridge, bed thats not bad actually, closet, mirror desk thingy, kitchen table etc.) Cable is 150 baht. I have a big TV but can rent for 150 baht per month. Internet wifi isn't bad for 300b per mo. I have cookers, computers and a thousand other electric items and my total bill is usually around 3,900 per month but like i say i use a lot of electric.

Sorry there aren't any rooms available now but I know there are lots of places like this around. I also am now renting a motorbike for 2000 b per month.

I pay 4k a month for a centrally located fan room. I'd buy cheaper but no wifi, which I absolutely need.

I know of many Thai ladies who stay 2-4 to a room, which is something ridiculously cheap(2-3K monthly?). There's some on Soi Boukow.

I pay 2,800 baht rent for a nice roomy 35sqm apt on Soi Siam Country Club. Very spacious, smallish balcony and the normal furniture (big fridge, bed thats not bad actually, closet, mirror desk thingy, kitchen table etc.) Cable is 150 baht. I have a big TV but can rent for 150 baht per month. Internet wifi isn't bad for 300b per mo. I have cookers, computers and a thousand other electric items and my total bill is usually around 3,900 per month but like i say i use a lot of electric.

Sorry there aren't any rooms available now but I know there are lots of places like this around. I also am now renting a motorbike for 2000 b per month.

I just got sick of paying the outrageous utility bills. I remember once paying 8k a month for electric for a ROOM on soi boukow! That is absurd and I'm not going to tolerate such scams anymore. Air-con just costs too much here, so I've switched to fan rooms only from now on.

8,000 baht for electric is a rip off. I am in a small 32sqm room View Talay 1. Been here 3 years. I use air con every night 7pm to 6am (set at 27c) plus small wall fan. Two fans going in daytime. We use a toaster/broiler/oven almost daily. Cook almost every day at least one meal. I just today paid electric bill for 1,474baht for 404 units. So.........if you are paying outrages electric bill it is probably your landlord getting a cut and not the official bill from the electric company. :D

I just got sick of paying the outrageous utility bills. I remember once paying 8k a month for electric for a ROOM on soi boukow! That is absurd and I'm not going to tolerate such scams anymore. Air-con just costs too much here, so I've switched to fan rooms only from now on.

If you were charged 8K for a room then either the meter was wrong or the price per unit was way above the official 3.7B/unit, or both. It is a very common scam.

I pay only 5K more than that for a nice place in the centre of town near the beach, with aircon, good wifi (3BB permitting :whistling: ), cable TV, etc. etc., and daily cleaning and regular linen changes. No extras for electricity or water or anything.

Which is why I think that many condo rental asking prices are absurdly high, especially bearing in mind the number of empty places around at this time of year. By the time you add on all the extras for utilities and laundry, and something for DIY cleaning, they can become hugely expensive.

If you were charged 8K for a room then either the meter was wrong or the price per unit was way above the official 3.7B/unit, or both. It is a very common scam.

I pay only 5K more than that for a nice place in the centre of town near the beach, with aircon, good wifi (3BB permitting :whistling: ), cable TV, etc. etc., and daily cleaning and regular linen changes. No extras for electricity or water or anything.

Which is why I think that many condo rental asking prices are absurdly high, especially bearing in mind the number of empty places around at this time of year. By the time you add on all the extras for utilities and laundry, and something for DIY cleaning, they can become hugely expensive.

I think I had the air-con on all day and all night pretty much. And the meter was certainly not at 3.7, probably 8 or something which is typical for serviced apartments here. Still, 8k seemed way too high.

hahah I meant that 3900 included my rent, water AND electric. If anyone tried to make me pay 8k for electric per month I would call the men in the white coats for them or cut the main power line and shove it up their.........

hahah I meant that 3900 included my rent, water AND electric. If anyone tried to make me pay 8k for electric per month I would call the men in the white coats for them or cut the main power line and shove it up their.........

Wasn't there a poster on this forum fairly recently paying a large sum for electricity in one of the condo's that have been completed in Jomtien ?

I seem to remember it became quite a saga, with pdf attachments and everything. Wonder how he got on ?

Simon

Wasn't there a poster on this forum fairly recently paying a large sum for electricity in one of the condo's that have been completed in Jomtien ?

I seem to remember it became quite a saga, with pdf attachments and everything. Wonder how he got on ?

Simon

Believe you mean THIS thread, the outcome is shown on the last post

I think it is interesting that you can find a place, many places, in Pattaya that utilities inclusive will be in the range of 6,000 baht per month, or about $200.

That is amazing when you take time and really think about it. It is one reason so many still flock to Thailand. When you mix in that cost with the amenities it includes, e.g., you can lead a Western lifestyle if were to choose, just astounding. Yet many will slag off Pattaya and Thailand as too expensive.