Thai PM Yingluck Gets Taste Of Things To Come

webfact

Because feminists are not STUPID. The ascendancy of a woman like Yingluck, who is a blatant puppet of a powerful MAN, her close relative, who showed no evidence of particular aptitude, experience, or ideological fire for the job, is the OPPOSITE of a gain for feminism. She could turn that around if she wanted, was brave enough, was competent enough, and actually wanted to. That would involve emerging as a STRONG, competent, INDEPENDENTLY minded real leader and visibly SHOOK OFF THAKSIN. I can't imagine any rational person really believing that has any chance of actually happening.

How about in a remake of the Wizard of Oz or Alice in Wonderland?

Yep, if you're pro feminist power (which is a little absurd in this case as the rise of Yingluck is about as feminist a story as a cake baking contest) you wouldn't object to a female leader being tested in EXACTLY the same level of hardball tactics as a male leader. So far, I think she has been given too much of a pass. Time to man up, Yingluck, or get out of the kitchen.

You mean "get back to the kitchen", don't you? :lol:

I doubt that Yingluck has ever seen a kitchen

I don't understand? What you men are saying that a women's place is in the kitchen.

Sara Lee or Betty Sydney have not put their hands up to run countries on their kitchen performance?

Or maybe 'never been barefoot and pregnant' before? Has the same tone. :whistling:B):lol:

Yep, if you're pro feminist power (which is a little absurd in this case as the rise of Yingluck is about as feminist a story as a cake baking contest) you wouldn't object to a female leader being tested in EXACTLY the same level of hardball tactics as a male leader. So far, I think she has been given too much of a pass. Time to man up, Yingluck, or get out of the kitchen.

I doubt that Yingluck has ever seen a kitchen

I don't understand? What you men are saying that a women's place is in the kitchen.

Sara Lee or Betty Sydney have not put their hands up to run countries on their kitchen performance?

Or maybe 'never been barefoot and pregnant' before? Has the same tone. :whistling:B):lol:

I have given this a lot of thought. Partially because of the off topic character, partially because I seriously need to watch my back fearing my mistress' whiplash. Anyway after watching 'Conan the Barbarian' again, I can only say 'who wants to live forever', so be it:

post-58-0-44466000-1314476042_thumb.jpg

Good joke, but of course I assumed everyone knew the cliche I was referring to -- if you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen. So far, most of what she says sounds like whining and begging to be left alone for six months. That's pathetic. I imagine six months from now, the same song and dance. Kind of funny putting yourself out there for the most visible job in Thailand, and then begging for some me time. Sad!

My understanding........ in business, people generally accept it takes the individual circa 3 months to settle into a change of role.......excepting those who seek opportunity to raise instant criticism of course........or those who prefer to 'imagine' the future in order to raise criticism in advance....

I am so surprised that being the first female Prime Minister of Thailand is not the main focus as it really is a world first and an event that should be celebrated. But as usual, its straight to the throat of the new prime minister. Good luck to her, and Thailand, perhaps it takes the prowess of a female to sort out Thialands mess.

A world first for what.....Did you Never hear of The Iron Lady.... Margaret Thatcher.... what a bitch she was..! and she was just one female at the top... Indira Ghandi.... Golda Myer, Corizon Aquino, and many many more

I am so surprised that being the first female Prime Minister of Thailand is not the main focus as it really is a world first and an event that should be celebrated. But as usual, its straight to the throat of the new prime minister. Good luck to her, and Thailand, perhaps it takes the prowess of a female to sort out Thialands mess.

It's not the focus because clearly she didn't earn her job in any semblance of a normal MERIT kind of way. No, I am not saying she wasn't elected. Not the same thing.

And what do you think of Obama- the Anointed One??

:D

A world first for what.....Did you Never hear of The Iron Lady.... Margaret Thatcher.... what a bitch she was..! and she was just one female at the top... Indira Ghandi.... Golda Myer, Corizon Aquino, and many many more

I just wonder how many lady PM's was voted in for three terms as good old Maggie was , for me and countless millions of others on both sides of the pond she was "simply the best" !

It's not the focus because clearly she didn't earn her job in any semblance of a normal MERIT kind of way. No, I am not saying she wasn't elected. Not the same thing.

And what do you think of Obama- the Anointed One??

Obama didn't get selected as presidential candidate having no political experience.

My understanding........ in business, people generally accept it takes the individual circa 3 months to settle into a change of role.......excepting those who seek opportunity to raise instant criticism of course........or those who prefer to 'imagine' the future in order to raise criticism in advance....

When you talk about CEO, CFO and the like they are expected to function from the day before yesterday. With lesser positions and especially junior positions the pressure (or stress) is much less. For top politicians (cough-cough) there is a similar expectation level as for top business positions.

Interesting you say 'change of role', where in regards to the OP and Ms. Yingluck it's not a game or play, but a change of position from business woman / president of her family owned company to Thailand's first female PM. In her new position she's expected to function from day 1 which was about late July the 3rd, 2011 ;)

Edited by rubl

When you talk about CEO, CFO and the like they are expected to function from the day before yesterday. With lesser positions and especially junior positions the pressure (or stress) is much less. For top politicians (cough-cough) there is a similar expectation level as for top business positions.

Interesting you say 'change of role', where in regards to the OP and Ms. Yingluck it's not a game or play, but a change of position from business woman / president of her family owned company to Thailand's first female PM. In her new position she's expected to function from day 1 which was about late July the 3rd, 2011 ;)

Indeed. The phrase "hit the ground running" comes to mind. Seems that she hit the ground walking backwards. sad.gif

Interesting Rubl........most CEO/CFO I know inherited a role where the immediate management structure beneath them was functioning in some form or other, they took time to evaluate the performance of existing management and then made the necessary decisions to implement change as they built to improve........possibly why it could take a little longer to settle in politics where the top two layers are totally replaced in one sweep.........but I guess such things are all down to understanding and level of expectation.....

As the PT could have fielded a potted plant as their planned choice of PM and still most likely been able to bring it in, as long as they decleared that the potted plant was infact potted by Thaksin himself, being a the first women or potted plant in the position of PM might not be the big important thing.

It's kinda like winning a boxing championship while having your brother hold down the opponent to give you free swings...it wasn't won because you were the best boxer.

Interesting Rubl........most CEO/CFO I know inherited a role where the immediate management structure beneath them was functioning in some form or other, they took time to evaluate the performance of existing management and then made the necessary decisions to implement change as they built to improve........possibly why it could take a little longer to settle in politics where the top two layers are totally replaced in one sweep.........but I guess such things are all down to understanding and level of expectation.....

I must admit not too know too many CEO/CFO/CIO/etc., I haven't met Steve for awhile, but I think his successor is supposed to be at it, nose to the grindstone, etc., etc. At least for larger companies it's the existing management which decides it needs to have a bright new C?O to improve the company. The new boss may be from amongst them, or an outsider. Both are expected to perform immediately, reflected in the bonus they may get.

now back to the OP with "Yingluck Shinawatra's rare public show of frustration on Wednesday night may soon become something regular." In a company the CEO or another with similar title may show his/her frustration by either dismissing the offenders or resigning, moving on. In politics that's a wee bit more complicated. To shut up opposition voices you have to perform, forget about 'give us a few months', now, now, now.

You may be a very patient man, my dear chap, but the electorate tends to be impatient, especially when promised something for NOW :)

Perhaps patience is catching rubl, the electorate I know had one simple expectation.........

New government.......more of the same........

It may take a while for the electorate I know to have confidence in anybody to deliver;....... other than myself......

Edited by 473geo

While politically savvy people may think that the opposition showed PT in a bad light, that perception doesn't seem to be shared by the general public:

http://www.thaivisa....position-polls/

We'll see if they still fell that way abouth the govt. a few months down road.:huh:

Edited by otherstuff1957

Margaret Thatcher was up and running the day after the election and did very well for many years, but then again she was an experienced politician with a good cabinet behind her.

Margaret Thatcher was up and running the day after the election and did very well for many years, but then again she was an experienced politician with a good cabinet behind her.

Yingluck's role is just that.... a role. She doesn't need to write the script, merely learn her lines.

As the PT could have fielded a potted plant as their planned choice of PM and still most likely been able to bring it in, as long as they decleared that the potted plant was infact potted by Thaksin himself, being a the first women or potted plant in the position of PM might not be the big important thing.

It's kinda like winning a boxing championship while having your brother hold down the opponent to give you free swings...it wasn't won because you were the best boxer.

And a big question that goes with that is why? Linked to why are the Dems unelectable and what have they done to make themselves so and how can they address this issue?

There is saying.

That the democrat party should be the opposition party forever.

Because its what they do best. They know how to grill and they do that good.

Unfortunately they are bubmling fools when they are the government.

There is saying.

That the democrat party should be the opposition party forever.

Because its what they do best. They know how to grill and they do that good.

Unfortunately they are bubmling fools when they are the government.

Agreed, pity that the other option are bumbling fools in BOTH government & opposition.

LOL!

:lol: