Is Jomtien The Cheapest Resort In Thailand

malct

Having just left Bangkok where the average bottle of beer is 90 to a 120baht and now in jomtien, Its hard to find a Place for a beer for more than 50 baht. plus had a Good meal in a Restaurant which came to 600baht and we are staying in a New Complex near to the beach which is 1100baht per nigh inc Breakfast for 2 people, This must be the cheapest resort in Thailand.

i have to say that the resort is very quite, So maybe they are trying to attract new tourists.

malc

Pattaya-Jomtien-Naklua has gotten more expensive over the years, but it's clear the mass marketing is to cut under places like Phuket as we don't have decent beaches. There are places in the area where you can spend a fortune if you choose, and I think right now they are used mostly by Russians.

Edited by Jingthing

Jomtien is probably not the cheapest place in Thailand, but may well be the best value IMHO.

The town and surrounding area, has virtually everything I need or wish for.

The weather here is also one of the attractions. It is not very wet, and when it does rain, flooding is not usually much of a problem. The sea breeze keeps the temperature down.

Jomtien is probably not the cheapest place in Thailand, but may well be the best value IMHO.

The weather here is also one of the attractions. It is not very wet, and when it does rain, flooding is not usually much of a problem. The sea breeze keeps the temperature down.

Hmm/.. come to the jomtien market on the new second road after even a moderate rain. Bring your swimming trunks..

And remember..the first rule of fight club..

Hmm/.. come to the jomtien market on the new second road after even a moderate rain. Bring your swimming trunks..

And remember..the first rule of fight club..

What has a poorly engineered road project (and the drainage) got to do with the value of staying in Jomtien? :rolleyes:

Jomtiem is a zoo in high season. So is Pattaya, but the animals are different. The main difference between the two areas is that there is more to do in Pattaya, .....

Given that Jomtien is only 10 minutes and 10 Baht away from Pattaya, I really dont see the point of differentiating between the two.

If at some point I get a condo in Jomtien I will surely get the bahtbus to Pattaya for meals etc. at least once a day, if not twice, simply because there is a much bigger choice of good/cheap places to eat there.

It's no different being in Jomtien than it is being in North Pattaya. You still need to take a 10B bahtbus trip to get anywhere. But that's no big deal.

What would be a pain is living somewhere that isnt on a proper bahtbus route.

Jomtiem is a zoo in high season. So is Pattaya, but the animals are different. The main difference between the two areas is that there is more to do in Pattaya, .....

Given that Jomtien is only 10 minutes and 10 Baht away from Pattaya, I really dont see the point of differentiating between the two.

If at some point I get a condo in Jomtien I will surely get the bahtbus to Pattaya for meals etc. at least once a day, if not twice, simply because there is a much bigger choice of good/cheap places to eat there.

It's no different being in Jomtien than it is being in North Pattaya. You still need to take a 10B bahtbus trip to get anywhere. But that's no big deal.

I disagree and see a big difference between the two even if it is just over the hill physically. I like the more laid back atmosphere in Jomtien, Pattaya is too hectic with traffic, automobile fumes, crowds and noise. Jomtien seems to have more of an expat community (per capita) than Pattaya. It seems to me you get more short term partiers with a different attitude in Pataya also.

I don't mind driving to the many amenities I like in Pattaya but for long term living I will take Jomtien anyday. If I had to move it would be to a quieter area than Jomtien and further away from the "action" not into the fire :whistling: .

I disagree and see a big difference between the two even if it is just over the hill physically. I like the more laid back atmosphere in Jomtien, Pattaya is too hectic with traffic, automobile fumes, crowds and noise. Jomtien seems to have more of an expat community (per capita) than Pattaya. It seems to me you get more short term partiers with a different attitude in Pataya also.

Yes, certainly. And that is precisely why I am looking at condos in Jomtien.

But the two are only a few minutes apart as I said. In fact I've walked it many times. So living in one in no way precludes enjoying the other and as such I consider them to be two parts of a whole.

It isn't as if we were talking about Pattaya and Phuket.

Yes, certainly. And that is precisely why I am looking at condos in Jomtien.

But the two are only a few minutes apart as I said. In fact I've walked it many times. So living in one in no way precludes enjoying the other and as such I consider them to be two parts of a whole.

It isn't as if we were talking about Pattaya and Phuket.

Darrel - you splitting hairs here. you also shortened and cherry picked my quote. The fact is you said there was no point differentiating between Jomtien and Pattaya because they were so close. I pointed out a few differences I notice from living in Jomtien and you indicate it is like comparing Pattaya to Jomtien????:rolleyes: Good luck on your condo hunting in Jomtien.

Not everybody slums it on baht buses you know, some of us have inventions called motorbikes and/or cars?

As for sitting in the back of a slow bus to go to pattaya every day to get something to eat, there are untold places in Jomtien to eat. Weird.

Not everybody slums it on baht buses you know, some of us have inventions called motorbikes and/or cars?

As for sitting in the back of a slow bus to go to pattaya every day to get something to eat, there are untold places in Jomtien to eat. Weird.

First of all the road is wider now and generally the trip between Pattaya and Jomtien is going a lot faster these days. Secondly, as a kind of foodie who eats all over the place within baht bus range and walking range, it is obvious to me Pattaya is better for eating. Value-wise, quality-wise, variety-wise. Not that there aren't some options in Jomtien as well. No need to go to Pattaya every day or twice a day.

First of all the road is wider now and generally the trip between Pattaya and Jomtien is going a lot faster these days. Secondly, as a kind of foodie who eats all over the place within baht bus range and walking range, it is obvious to me Pattaya is better for eating. Value-wise, quality-wise, variety-wise. Not that there aren't some options in Jomtien as well. No need to go to Pattaya every day or twice a day.

Agreed about variety and quality. Jomtien seems to have uniformly monotonous and so-so food - including Thai(ask your Thai girl to confirm) - especially along the beach. Is there an unwritten rule that any business there must be a tourist trap? Yes, there are maybe one or two half decent places.

However some restaurants in Pattaya, including a few in Soi Boucow, will deliver for free even as far as Jomtien.

I much prefer to take a bahtbus than to have the trouble of parking in town, or the danger of a motorbike. So I like to live on the main bahtbus route.

There are places to eat in Jomtien, but most of the places I like are in Pattaya, and I enjoy walking around Pattaya anyway.

Jomtien I enjoy walking around also, but in a different way: there I mostly stay near the beach where there isnt a huge choice in the way of good cheap food.

I expect that over time I would probably end up eating one meal a day in Jomtien and one in Pattaya. It would be more if there was a decent night market with food stalls within walking distance of the beach at the top end of Jomtien, but so far there isnt. I expect the new 2nd Rd place will improve and get busier now that the road is more or less functional.

I much prefer to take a bahtbus than to have the trouble of parking in town, or the danger of a motorbike. So I like to live on the main bahtbus route.

There are places to eat in Jomtien, but most of the places I like are in Pattaya, and I enjoy walking around Pattaya anyway.

Jomtien I enjoy walking around also, but in a different way: there I mostly stay near the beach where there isnt a huge choice in the way of good cheap food.

I expect that over time I would probably end up eating one meal a day in Jomtien and one in Pattaya. It would be more if there was a decent night market with food stalls within walking distance of the beach at the top end of Jomtien, but so far there isnt. I expect the new 2nd Rd place will improve and get busier now that the road is more or less functional.

It sounds like you are living the dream.