Age Difference Btw You & Your Partner

monochaser

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am 44 years old

Wife 27 years old.

I dont think that age has got anything to do with it, as long as you are happy together which we are.

agreed :o

Absolutely right and it's no-one else's business either.

I can't understand why some people get so upset about age differences (greater than their own) when there are other inequalities in the world that, perhaps, really do deserve our disgust.

I like the Thai formula, half plus 7. I'm 60 and she is 38. (Close enough). Does anything last forever? Who knows but when guys my age marry 20 year olds the chances of a lasting relationship are slim to none.

I have noticed that most of the posters who have a largeish age difference found it necessary to justify the gap.

If you are happy, never mind. It is difficult and you can feel a bit "talked about", which in turn can make you feel the need for justification etc.

No need. Be happy.

I have noticed that most of the posters who have a largeish age difference found it necessary to justify the gap.

If you are happy, never mind. It is difficult and you can feel a bit "talked about", which in turn can make you feel the need for justification etc.

No need. Be happy.

:o

Seconded. :D

[Absolutely right and it's no-one else's business either.

My wife and I are similar ages.

My daughter (British) said she was glad that I did not hitch up with someone younger (near to her age or younger), although she did acknowledge that it was not really her business.

I like the Thai formula, half plus 7. I'm 60 and she is 38. (Close enough)

It seems to work for us too.

I'm 40, she's 28.

But it was great 5 years ago too, and it might be great in 30 years too, which would prove that formula totally wrong.

I think the formula works well when you meet your partner.

Daleyboy

was just wondering, this question is for Boo, how did you find getting hubby back to the U.K? Any other ladies out there with Thai hubbys, what were your experiences with the embassy?

Not too much trouble getting the visa, we had all the paperwork in place & presented it all in a nice folder with index & everything (gotta love thailand-uk for their help there :D ) from dropping in the folder to getting a call to come in for interview was 12hrs :D but we had to schlep all the way back to Khon kaen to collect the letter inviting us back to the embassy & after a 30min interview the visa was granted same day. So total from submitting the app to getting the visa = 5 days. But the women conducting his interview was really stroppy :o & the translator made a mistake in one of the answers & I was called in to clarify the answer. :D All in all though, not too painful.

Daleyboy

was just wondering, this question is for Boo, how did you find getting hubby back to the U.K? Any other ladies out there with Thai hubbys, what were your experiences with the embassy?

Not too much trouble getting the visa, we had all the paperwork in place & presented it all in a nice folder with index & everything (gotta love thailand-uk for their help there :D ) from dropping in the folder to getting a call to come in for interview was 12hrs :D but we had to schlep all the way back to Khon kaen to collect the letter inviting us back to the embassy & after a 30min interview the visa was granted same day. So total from submitting the app to getting the visa = 5 days. But the women conducting his interview was really stroppy :o & the translator made a mistake in one of the answers & I was called in to clarify the answer. :D All in all though, not too painful.

Cool thanks for that i have been wondering how easy it was if the roles were reversed. The womans name wasnt Jane-Lacy Smith by any chance? :D

Myself and my wife are both 30. Normally tended to go for older Asian women as the compatibility seems to balance out (it's pretty much agreed that S.E Asian women are less mature for their age). I was fortunate that my wife, at 27 when I met her, was already independant and with a decent job and made a good partner instead of a pet that needs training and taking care of (I sampled that in the earlier days!).