Killer Of NZ Croquet Chief Nabbed

Lite Beer

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The fact that he robbed the guy and fled after killing him should make it a clear cut case -- to say nothing of the fact that there's no way an unarmed, corpulent older guy was going to pose a physical threat to a buff, young stud.

Good points and I hope you're right. But worse case they could convict for theft and excuse the murder as self defense. Maybe someone who knows Thai justice can comment about this. If they believe the confession, that he killed him and also it was self defense, does that also mean they legally accept the self defense part with the same weight as the murder part? Edited by Jingthing

I wouldn't worry about too much. I'd bet the farm that this guy is going away for a long, long time.

LOL. Easy to bet something you don't own. I wouldn't be so sure. Thailand doesn't seem all that interested in crimes where both parties are foreigners, after all Thailand must foot the bill to incarcerate the guilty foreigner.

How about sending him home to Syria?:)

This reminds me of a report I read recently about the Chinese mafia in Eastern Europe... The police officer who wrote the report said the Chinese criminals would never give evidence if caught - UNLESS they were threatened with being handed over to the Chinese authorities (because in China they face a quick trial and immediate execution).

I don't think this video has been posted here yet. Some key details in the suspect's "story" in this one are quite different than other reports on this thread. I think it's fair to say the level of professionalism in local Pattaya "journalism" leaves A LOT to be desired. One thing I find weird in the video is the part at the end where the policeman appears to be comforting the suspect in a very affectionate way. Seems a very odd way to be treating a prisoner. OK, I don't doubt the guy is very upset right now, who wouldn't be, but it still looks kind of off to me.

Edited by Jingthing

. One thing I find weird in the video is the part at the end where the policeman appears to be comforting the suspect in a very affectionate way. Seems a very odd way to be treating a prisoner. OK, I don't doubt the guy is very upset right now, who wouldn't be, but it still looks kind of off to me.

The narrator is extremely off putting. It's like she's telling a child's bedtime story.

before moving in with his girlfriend

"Darling I'm just popping out to smoke so herb and polish someones pipe for 400 baht.I may or may not stab them to death and steal their valuables.Keep your phone turned on and I'll update you later."

Maybe Syrian ladyboys are cheaper than the Thai ones.

I don't think this video has been posted here yet. Some key details in the suspect's "story" in this one are quite different than other reports on this thread. I think it's fair to say the level of professionalism in local Pattaya "journalism" leaves A LOT to be desired. One thing I find weird in the video is the part at the end where the policeman appears to be comforting the suspect in a very affectionate way. Seems a very odd way to be treating a prisoner. OK, I don't doubt the guy is very upset right now, who wouldn't be, but it still looks kind of off to me.

Were they selling tickets to come and see the re enactment. How many people were in the room with thier sony pocket cameras it was definately standing room only.

The important thing to get the fullest conviction is to not take the word of the perp about anything. If he is guilty, surely the hard forensic evidence would be sufficient. His fantastic story, self defense, rape attempt by a chubby jovial older man of a virile young stud (yeah right), homosexual panic, miserly payment for sex services when he had a big pile of liquid lucre right in his room, being invited for drugs (OK, that might be true), etc. is CLEARLY designed to gain sympathy and to reduce his culpability. This kind of anti-gay, homosexual panic defense probably works in Syria and other homophobic countries, but let's hope it doesn't cut the curry in Thailand!

http://en.wikipedia....y_panic_defense

Gays do committ the offence of rape also. It is not just an offence for the hetrosexual community.

Huh? So your theory is the murdered Kiwi was sexually involved with the girlfriend of the Syrian confessed murderer? What do you base that on?

Elementary my dear jingthing, it was said that the girlfriend first invited the man over and that he also had access to the girlfriend’s room.

The important thing to get the fullest conviction is to not take the word of the perp about anything. If he is guilty, surely the hard forensic evidence would be sufficient. His fantastic story, self defense, rape attempt by a chubby jovial older man of a virile young stud (yeah right), homosexual panic, miserly payment for sex services when he had a big pile of liquid lucre right in his room, being invited for drugs (OK, that might be true), etc. is CLEARLY designed to gain sympathy and to reduce his culpability. This kind of anti-gay, homosexual panic defense probably works in Syria and other homophobic countries, but let's hope it doesn't cut the curry in Thailand!

http://en.wikipedia....y_panic_defense

Gays do committ the offence of rape also. It is not just an offence for the hetrosexual community.

Heterosexuals aren't a community. They run the world. Which explains why in many countries men who commit crimes against gay men sometimes escape charges they wouldn't have if their victim had been more socially acceptable.

Anyway, of course there are cases of gay rape. Who said there weren't? I am saying in THIS case the story that was a rape is extremely hard to swallow considering the physical/age differences between the men, not to mention other factors such as the suspect admitted he was already selling his body to men for money.

Edited by Jingthing

Huh? So your theory is the murdered Kiwi was sexually involved with the girlfriend of the Syrian confessed murderer? What do you base that on?

Elementary my dear jingthing, it was said that the girlfriend first invited the man over and that he also had access to the girlfriend’s room.

I still don't know what you are talking about. Please be more specific and cite your SOURCES. Who is the "he" that had access to the girlfriend's room? The Syrian did of course as he was found there by the police, but before you wrote that girl was the girlfriend of the murdered Kiwi. Are you saying the Kiwi had access to the Syrian's Thai GF's room? It's fine to have theories, but COHERENT ones would be better.

Edited by Jingthing

I still don't know what you are talking about. Please be more specific and cite your SOURCES. Who is the "he" that had access to the girlfriend's room? The Syrian did of course as he was found there by the police, but before you wrote that girl was the girlfriend of the murdered Kiwi. Are you saying the Kiwi had access to the Syrian's Thai GF's room? It's fine to have theories, but COHERENT ones would be better.

Yes, sorry, I got it wrong. I meant the Syrian man’s girlfriend.

I believe that the Syrian and his girlfriend were there to set up the New Zealand guy for the robbery and that he made up the story about the assult so as to claim this as self defence rather than a murder charge.

The actual alleged assult was probably the New Zealand guy putting up a fight for his life.

Perhaps the old man was expecting to have sex with the Syrian, but the Syrian and his girlfriend had other ideas.

No sources, just my theory.

Elementary my dear jingthing, it was said that the girlfriend first invited the man over and that he also had access to the girlfriend's room.

Yes, sorry, I got it wrong. I meant the Syrian man's girlfriend.

I believe that the Syrian and his girlfriend were there to set up the New Zealand guy for the robbery and that he made up the story about the assult so as to claim this as self defence rather than a murder charge.

The actual alleged assult was probably the New Zealand guy putting up a fight for his life.

Perhaps the old man was expecting to have sex with the Syrian, but the Syrian and his girlfriend had other ideas.

No sources, just my theory.

I suppose you never considered the possibility that his Thai girlfriend was a ruse and he's actually gay.

A gay Kuwaiti guy moved a few houses down the road from me a couple of months ago. When he introduced himself he was talking about all the girlfriends he had - but I'm yet to see him with a girl and I never will. I don't think Middle Eastern men are really comfortable being out of the closet.

Pretending to be hetero could also help with his homosexual panic defense.

The time-line in this story is a little confusing.

21 year-old...............here for 4 years.............refugee status, how long was his period of persecution? 1 year?...............Syrian Army commando (2 years training??).

21.............17............16..............14???? The Syrian Army trains 14 year-olds as commandos?? I smell pork pies.

Old hand at 14, usually 12yr old's!

Edited by peecee

I suppose you never considered the possibility that his Thai girlfriend was a ruse and he's actually gay.

A gay Kuwaiti guy moved a few houses down the road from me a couple of months ago. When he introduced himself he was talking about all the girlfriends he had - but I'm yet to see him with a girl and I never will. I don't think Middle Eastern men are really comfortable being out of the closet.

Pretending to be hetero could also help with his homosexual panic defense.

The suspect doesn't have to pretend. Having a local girlfriend gives the APPEARANCE that he was basically a gay for pay straight guy. That is a very common thing to be among male prostitutes so it's not a big stretch. While some westerners may be culturally disposed to not believe that a straight man can act as a male sex worker, I am certain the Thai courts will have no problem with that notion. The guy's sexual orientation isn't on trial here exactly in any case, but I can understand depending on how the case is presented, the appearance and/or truth of it may be relevant.

In the real world, and Thailand is more or less the real world, in murder cases the social "value" of the victim sometimes determines how hard or soft justice systems are on the convicted. This case we have a gay male victim (often devalued in many countries in similar ways prostitute victims are treated) who happens to be rather well known, high status at least in his home country.

Edited by Jingthing

While some westerners may be culturally disposed to not believe that a straight man can act as a male sex worker, I

Well, this Westerner can believe it and he knows it is common both in his own country and amongst Thai male sex workers, however in this case we're dealing with a Syrian guy who could easily be playing the reverse for the reasons I mentioned before.

Did anyone else notice how difficult it is to find the victim's age in any reports. I had to dig deep into NZ publications to find it. Normally a victim's age is one of the first bits of information we receive.

Edited by tropo

Well, maybe its unfair and rude, but it looks to me that this Syrian is guilty as sin, and I am concerned that he is going to get more sympathy than he deserves as he is clearly a charmer (con man?), young, masculine, very handsome, can at least say he is straight, and has a sympathetic political refugee sob story (imagine violins playing now), etc. So he is well set up to present a picture that the pervy old homo man morally deserved what he got. I mean even the cop in the video is cuddling with him. What's up with that? The murder victim and his family deserve justice from the system here.

Edited by Jingthing

What the hell?? Why would he put a pillow over the man's face other than to stop him making a noise? Why would you care if someone was making a noise if you were frightened of said person? You would be happy for the noise as it could bring aid, to assist you with this dangerous older man.

If they have the right man, he should be taken out of circulation. Too unstable to be allowed to live with the general population.

Edited by Jiu-Jitsu

That tubbo guy (is he actually a cop? No uniform) is cuddling the Syrian like a newly found boy toy. So amateurish, esp the last scene in the car when they are playing around with one of those cheapo plastic swords you can buy at Tesco Lotus for 69 Baht. That video is surreal on many levels. And the opening scene when the perp gives everyone the peace sign and smiles broadly is really frightening.

Just noticed how the Syrian straddles the tubbo on the bed....and that guy seems to love it!

Edited by tominbkk

Charles Jones 'couldn't have lifted knife'

Last updated 05:00 02/09/2011

The brother-in-law of Charles Jones says there is no way the World Croquet Federation president could have attacked his killer as he had injured his shoulder and couldn’t even lift his arm above his waist.

. . . Jones' brother-in-law Robert McMillan said claims that he had struggled with Ryad were extremely unlikely, considering he had injured his shoulder after falling on the London tube only weeks before.

"Then in Hong Kong he fell on it again and on the Sunday he rang, just before he was murdered on the Monday, he said 'look, I’m going to have to have my shoulder looked at, I can’t even lift my arm above my waist',” McMillan said.

more

He is an ex commando and is 21 years old ?

"He had travelled between Thailand and Malaysia frequently over the past four years"

The above sentence then shows that he was a coommando at 16 years of age or younger.