Unidentified Foreigner Found Dead In Phitsanulok

Lite Beer

Pretty sure you're full of crap.

I don't know where to find statistics on your nationality of choice, but the US State Department has the following website devoted to details of non-natural deaths of US Citizens abroad:

http://travel.state.gov/law/family_issues/death/death_600.html?country

BY FAR the country with the most homicides of Americans in 2010 was Mexico, with over 100 cases.

There were 13 Americans murdered in the Philippines, nine in Honduras, eight Americans in Haiti, seven in the Dominican Republic, six each in Colombia, Costa Rica, and El Salvador, five each in Guatemala, Nigeria, and Jamaica.

Thailand had a grand total of ONE murder of an American in 2010.

The amount of pure, unfiltered garbage posted on TV continues unabated.

I posted a link to the UK FCO statistics for 2009 to 2010 on another thread:

http://www.fco.gov.uk/resources/en/pdf/travel-living-abroad/21151574/british-behaviour-abroad-09-10

Although it does not give a breakdown of the causes of death as the FCO now refuses to publish such figures, the commentary below the table states that, proportionately, Thailand accounts for the highest number of British deaths overseas than any other country.

Statistically, as a Brit, you are almost two and a half times more likely to die in Thailand (with 841,000 UK visitors per year) than you are in Spain (with 13,300,000 visitors per year).

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I already found the number of US nationals murdered in Thailand last year: one.

I'll leave it up to someone else to find numbers for other nationalities.

Bleeding amazing so much <deleted> talk re Americans died here with stats. Who the hell is interested -usual crew on forum ,near anything than good ideas on who the man could be. Amazing farrang.

I think previous page I posted some questions about Why no headway in the case and why no one knows. I thought that some posters would answer to some questions like -Bank-shop-ATM hotel-bike rent. no replies only the usual click talking between themselves ==near off topic.

Edited by ginjag

Pretty sure you're full of crap.

I don't know where to find statistics on your nationality of choice, but the US State Department has the following website devoted to details of non-natural deaths of US Citizens abroad:

http://travel.state.gov/law/family_issues/death/death_600.html?country

BY FAR the country with the most homicides of Americans in 2010 was Mexico, with over 100 cases.

There were 13 Americans murdered in the Philippines, nine in Honduras, eight Americans in Haiti, seven in the Dominican Republic, six each in Colombia, Costa Rica, and El Salvador, five each in Guatemala, Nigeria, and Jamaica.

Thailand had a grand total of ONE murder of an American in 2010.

The amount of pure, unfiltered garbage posted on TV continues unabated.

I posted a link to the UK FCO statistics for 2009 to 2010 on another thread:

http://www.fco.gov.uk/resources/en/pdf/travel-living-abroad/21151574/british-behaviour-abroad-09-10

Although it does not give a breakdown of the causes of death as the FCO now refuses to publish such figures, the commentary below the table states that, proportionately, Thailand accounts for the highest number of British deaths overseas than any other country.

Statistically, as a Brit, you are almost two and a half times more likely to die in Thailand (with 841,000 UK visitors per year) than you are in Spain (with 13,300,000 visitors per year).

Not very useful, since we are specifically talking about death by homicide-- not from any other cause.

Not very useful, since we are specifically talking about death by homicide-- not from any other cause.

As I said in my earlier post, the UK authorities no longer disclose that information.

So statistics which support your arguments are 'useful', but those which suggest you might be wrong are not? OK Gotcha.

Edited by Rumpole

As I said in my earlier post, the UK authorities no longer disclose that information.

So statistics which support your arguments are 'useful', but those which suggest you might be wrong are not? OK Gotcha.

Your statistics don't support ANY argument, and you know it.

Deaths by natural causes, old age, drug overdoses, disease, traffic accidents, etc. -- which are included in your figures, have nothing to do with the point of this discussion, which is specifically death by homicide.

When you present something meaningful, it will certainy be considered.

Deaths by natural causes, old age, drug overdoses, disease, traffic accidents, etc. -- which are included in your figures, have nothing to do with the point of this discussion, which is specifically death by homicide.

Show a little GRACE--BROTHERS and stick your silly stats. :lol:

e

Not my statistics. British Government statistics - with their accompanying commentary. And yes of course, you are quite right. Foreign deaths in Thailand are almost always due to drug overdose, heart attack, suicide or amazing coincidence. We know that because the Thai police and tourism officials tell us so.

Edited by Rumpole

Unidentified body of a farang found tied to a lump of concrete submerged in an irrigation canal in Kamphaeng Phet Province (Thairath 23/04/11)

The body of a male farang was found in Tambon Nikhom Thung Pho Thale in Thailand's Northern province of Kamphaeng Phet on the 22nd of April. Time of death was thought to be not more than 3 days prior.

The body was only found due to the water level dropping in the canal revealing the corpse, the canal being in a desolate area in a rice paddy with no nearby buildings.

He had a shaved/bald head, was naked except for striped black boxer shorts and his hands were tied to his neck with nylon cord. There was a tattoo of a butterfly perched on a flower on the left of his chest with the word 'Love' below in English letters.

Knife wounds to the left temple and the left nape of the neck were present and the rest of the head was covered in bruises and marks consistent with being hit with a blunt instrument.

The body was taken to Kamphaeng Phet Hospital for an autopsy. Police are treating it as murder and are appealing for anyone with a missing farang relative or friend to go to the hospital to see the body.

http://www.thairath.co.th/content/region/166104 (23/04/11)

There is a bit more information on the 77.nationchannel.com website of this thread's more recent Phitsanuloke murder, along with a grisly video showing the recovery of the corpse.

The body was initially discovered on 16/08/11 by someone out fishing. They saw just its feet sticking out the water but thought it was a mannequin or doll because there was other rubbish in the water. The next day they went back and the body had emerged and was floating on the water so they called the police.

A Nokia mobile phone was found in the victim's shirt pocket, which if it's his should mean he can be identified. They also found several Buddha amulets and charms on him. All quite strange that these items were left.

It's thought he'd been dead for 2-3 days.

http://77.nationchannel.com/playvideo.php?id=170318

Thank you, katana, (as always) for providing the Thai news aspect to Thaivisa.

It's a very valuable addition you bring to the board and very much appreciated.

:wai:

and last, hopefully, the utter starkness of it will also bring the matter to the surface of the thread and away from nonsense statistics from some foreign country.

I would suggest both videos be watched by all posters.

Edited by Buchholz

Old age and traffic accidents are likely the main causes.

Yes -- British government statistics. Too bad they don't support any argument here regarding murders of foreigners in Thailand, though.

Keep trying, will you?

I'm sure they're rare, so why do we keep reading about them fairly frequently in such a small country (population-wise)?

Presumably our conception of expat deaths is coloured by cases in the past that were declared to be suicides when they clearly weren't.

It looks as though times are changing.

Edited by F1fanatic

There are lots of ways to go... some not too bad... some pretty bad... Having watched the video above, this one is of the pretty bad variety....

What kind of people would do something like that? And what could possibly spur them to do it? :ermm:

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

Yes -- British government statistics. Too bad they don't support any argument here regarding murders of foreigners in Thailand, though.

Keep trying, will you?

I'm sure they're rare, so why do we keep reading about them fairly frequently in such a small country (population-wise)?

Presumably our conception of expat deaths is coloured by cases in the past that were declared to be suicides when they clearly weren't.

It SEEMS like a lot, but statistically it isn't. What do we read about here? Two or three a month, of all nationalities? Let's call it 50 a year...out of over 10 million.

Richard, you should ask TAT for a % of that 30 billion baht to attract 30 million tourists-it would only be 150 a year then.

Edit to add: should be 8 billion not 30, but hey its only numbers.

Edited by bkkjames

Stay away from rough bars , be carefull who you associate with and avoid insulting Thais as they are a law to themselves.

I guess we haven't learned our lesson about blaming Thais for every farang murder that occurs in Thailand.

What lesson? and who is we?

Edited by sbk
use real name or none at all

Keep trying, will you?

It SEEMS like a lot, but statistically it isn't. What do we read about here? Two or three a month, of all nationalities? Let's call it 50 a year...out of over 10 million.

Are there really 10 million ex-pats in Thailand?

We generally only hear about the murders/suicides - old age/bike accidents are only reported locally.

I didn't say there were 10 million "expats" in Thailand.

In that case 1 or 2 a month out of the (relatively) small number here is significant and worth the odd comment.

How do you define "expat"? Technically, I think it would have to be someone here on something other than a tourist visa.

As for the murders that have been mentioned here, some were clearly not expats but tourists (ie., the Kiwi guy in Pattaya last week).

I didn't say there were 10 million "expats" in Thailand.

In that case 1 or 2 a month out of the (relatively) small number here is significant and worth the odd comment.

How do you define "expat"? Technically, I think it would have to be someone here on something other than a tourist visa.

As for the murders that have been mentioned here, some were clearly not expats but tourists (ie., the Kiwi guy in Pattaya last week).

Which is why I specified expats.

This is the statement from IAMHERE that I was disputing:

Would also like to see the tourist murder rate per 100,000 in the USA. Bet it is way less than in Thailand. Pretty sure Thailand leads the world in that rate.

Tourists. Murdered.

I'm pretty sure Thailand does NOT lead the world in that rate, and I've proved it for Americans. If someone can prove it for other nationalities, please chime in.

Unidentified body of a farang found tied to a lump of concrete submerged in an irrigation canal in Kamphaeng Phet Province (Thairath 23/04/11)

The body of a male farang was found in Tambon Nikhom Thung Pho Thale in Thailand's Northern province of Kamphaeng Phet on the 22nd of April. Time of death was thought to be not more than 3 days prior.

The body was only found due to the water level dropping in the canal revealing the corpse, the canal being in a desolate area in a rice paddy with no nearby buildings.

He had a shaved/bald head, was naked except for striped black boxer shorts and his hands were tied to his neck with nylon cord. There was a tattoo of a butterfly perched on a flower on the left of his chest with the word 'Love' below in English letters.

Knife wounds to the left temple and the left nape of the neck were present and the rest of the head was covered in bruises and marks consistent with being hit with a blunt instrument.

The body was taken to Kamphaeng Phet Hospital for an autopsy. Police are treating it as murder and are appealing for anyone with a missing farang relative or friend to go to the hospital to see the body.

http://www.thairath.co.th/content/region/166104 (23/04/11)

There is a bit more information on the 77.nationchannel.com website of this thread's more recent Phitsanuloke murder, along with a grisly video showing the recovery of the corpse.

The body was initially discovered on 16/08/11 by someone out fishing. They saw just its feet sticking out the water but thought it was a mannequin or doll because there was other rubbish in the water. The next day they went back and the body had emerged and was floating on the water so they called the police.

A Nokia mobile phone was found in the victim's shirt pocket, which if it's his should mean he can be identified. They also found several Buddha amulets and charms on him. All quite strange that these items were left.

It's thought he'd been dead for 2-3 days.

http://77.nationchannel.com/playvideo.php?id=170318

Thank you, katana, (as always) for providing the Thai news aspect to Thaivisa.

It's a very valuable addition you bring to the board and very much appreciated.

:wai:

and last, hopefully, the utter starkness of it will also bring the matter to the surface of the thread and away from nonsense statistics from some foreign country.

I would suggest both videos be watched by all posters.

Interesting that one of the reports quoted by katana states that the body was naked except for boxer shorts,yet the other states that the body was shirted with a Nokia phone in the pocket.

As per Wikipedia......

The per 100,000 people murder rate for America is 5.0

The per 100,000 people murder rate for Thailand is 5.9

What would be fascinating to see would be the tourist murder rate per 100,000 here in Thailand.

But I suspect that figure is not open to public knowledge...... :whistling:

There was a topic on that very subject maybe a year ago. It had a British slant to it, but the gist of the story was, there is no more lethal place on Earth for Brits than Thailand.

Because the leading cause of death was accident and misadventure followed by natural causes.

The mortality rates for British nationals are a reflection of the demographics of the foreigner and of the general road conditions in Thailand. Please look at the cause of death listing again. I hardly consider middle aged males crashing their motorcycles the result of murderous Thais. The number of "accidents" while of concern does not single out foreigners. Everyone's at risk. One need only look at the poor kid electrocuted in Patong. Ever notice that middle aged British females don't end up killed in mysterious circumstances?

we've been through this before in another thread ; those stats provide neither a cause of death or breakdown by age

Given the number of aged Brits who choose to retire here it is obvious that they will also die here when the time comes - would not matter where they are when age is a factor.

we've been through this before in another thread ; those stats provide neither a cause of death or breakdown by age

Given the number of aged Brits who choose to retire here it is obvious that they will also die here when the time comes - would not matter where they are when age is a factor.

So are you suggesting that there are more retired Brits in Thailand than there are in Spain? Whatever spin you choose to put upon it, the key word is proportionally. Number of deaths in proportion to the numbers of visitors and residents. By that measure, Thailand accounts for the highest number of deaths of British citizens overseas.

That's two who understand...

I thought I'd mentioned before that we read about farang murders/suicides fairly frequently, even though there are relatively few of us here.

Edit - has nothing to do with those dying from old age.motorbike accidents - they are only reported locally.

Edited by F1fanatic

That's two who understand...

I thought I'd mentioned before that we read about farang murders/suicides fairly frequently, even though there are relatively few of us here.

Edit - has nothing to do with those dying from old age.motorbike accidents - they are only reported locally.

How many expats do you estimate get offed in a year, and how many of "us" do you think there are?

The first number is likely in the dozens, while the latter is in the mid-hundreds of thousands, at least.

Interesting that one of the reports quoted by katana states that the body was naked except for boxer shorts,yet the other states that the body was shirted with a Nokia phone in the pocket.

They're two different murders.