Whats Up With You So Called "Riders"...?

Happysiam

Think you worry to much about what other people are doing to enjoy their life. If a biker sits in a coffee shop, you have NO idea where he has been or where he is going eh. Concentrate on what you do for fun, hope your wrist doesn't go limp on you. :lol:

This coming from the guy that's afraid of "mega power on a daily basis". Maybe if you hopped on the bike a bit more often you wouldn't have that problem.

So where did you get l am ''afraid'' of '' mega power on a daily basis '' from ?. :)

From your first post. :)

Where does it say l am ''afraid'' . ?

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where does it say l am ''afraid'' . ?

In between the lines of text. If you look real close you can see it. Why else would you avoid taking your "special" big bikes out more often?

You are reading what you want to read. and I don't have a big bike :).

In UK l drove my ( perhaps ) 700 hp Pontiac for over twenty years with no problem, why, cos drivers there looked before pulling out, had lights on at night, they used their head, HERE, very different, and l do not have to write a list of stuff that we have to deal with. You confuse YOUR word '' afraid '' and being '' sensible '', no way will l risk losing what l have built up in LOS by a bike with no lights, no helmet, doing daft stuff and claiming everything l have with the BiB's help whilst l drive a speed machine, bike or car. Afraid, no. :)

Get yourself up north, plenty of people up here with bikes and some of the best roads in Thailand. Here's a pic from yesterday's trip

That looks like T, J, G, and S from front to back. I assure you these are not Sunday once around the block types. :D

Awesome, now if I can just figure out how to get my bike there...:cheesy:

Get yourself up north, plenty of people up here with bikes and some of the best roads in Thailand. Here's a pic from yesterday's trip

That looks like T, J, G, and S from front to back. I assure you these are not Sunday once around the block types. :D

That makes 2 of us man....B)

I thought you used the Nouvo ????? :lol:

I park my bike on the front lawn....rarely ride it.....tis new, but 3 years old and only has 750 clicks on it.....I usually push it in and out of the carport.

I hang my leathers over it sometimes too.

This is Thailand; image is everything?

That's part of the problem. So many people just wanna have the image. If you bought a bike to look cool you might as well just sell it and use the money to buy a shirt that says "I'm a f*cking poser!!"

So if you wanted to be cool you'd just sell the really cool bike and buy a t-shirt that made you look like a <deleted>? :unsure:

Man, you must suck at being cool. Just sayin' :lol:

Not exactly. What I'm saying is, I don't need a f*cking bike to be cool, and for dam_n sure i don't need to sit at a coffee shop in all my gear just so people can see that I ride. If you bought a bike to ride, RIDE!! If you bought it for the image, sell it cuz you just look like a <deleted>.

I've probably stopped at a coffee shop on my "big bike" less than 5 times in my 5 years in LOS, but I'm sure not doing it again. No way I'm gonna risk looking bad in front of the real bikers, especially if I'm wearing my safety gear at the time.

Seriously though, if these guys want to ride to the coffee shop for a chat on a Sunday - what's the big deal? They're enjoying themselves - Live and let live.

That's part of the problem. So many people just wanna have the image. If you bought a bike to look cool you might as well just sell it and use the money to buy a shirt that says "I'm a f*cking poser!!"

So if you wanted to be cool you'd just sell the really cool bike and buy a t-shirt that made you look like a <deleted>? :unsure:

Man, you must suck at being cool. Just sayin' :lol:

Not exactly. What I'm saying is, I don't need a f*cking bike to be cool, and for dam_n sure i don't need to sit at a coffee shop in all my gear just so people can see that I ride. If you bought a bike to ride, RIDE!! If you bought it for the image, sell it cuz you just look like a <deleted>.

I've probably stopped at a coffee shop on my "big bike" less than 5 times in my 5 years in LOS, but I'm sure not doing it again. No way I'm gonna risk looking bad in front of the real bikers, especially if I'm wearing my safety gear at the time.

Seriously though, if these guys want to ride to the coffee shop for a chat on a Sunday - what's the big deal? They're enjoying themselves - Live and let live.

You got it in one. :D

I thought you used the Nouvo ????? :lol:

Good point. But wait...its in the shop and the trailer has a flat tire. :lol:

i like bikes but i dont like to ride and i dont need to park in front of a coffee shop either, but i like to get them washed on sunday by the burmese garderners. Does that makes me a Sunday driver?

post-77479-0-23822800-1314630366_thumb.j

Are they hot female gardeners?:whistling:

i like bikes but i dont like to ride and i dont need to park in front of a coffee shop either, but i like to get them washed on sunday by the burmese garderners. Does that makes me a Sunday driver?

Are they hot female gardeners?:whistling:

Good point. :)

got more pics of your cbr 150? looks interesting.

This is what got me going crazy today:

So i went to a supermarket, i rode there on my moped, saw a few ducatis and late model cbr's and R1's parked near by, lookd around for the riders, saw them sitting down having some coffee and drinks at a table,the first thing i noticed was that they were in FULL GEAR, im talking about some had leathers, others had protectors that made them look like a robot, nice thing on. I chatted them up for a while, hoping that maybe we can ride together, they seemed nice, so i asked if they were busy next weekend,most said no, so i asked "how about a ride to........" and i got the most stupid excuses....too long to type here....the i though "wait wait wait, what???" why are u guys dressed up like you about to go to participate on motoGP? then i asked, "are you guys riding anywhere today?" some said no, maybe just down the street...then i asked the question i been dying to ask, "where do you guys live?" the answer mostly was "oh,just right around the block".....:cheesy:

and sadly, this is most of you......

Atleast they don't trailer the bikes to Phuket and beyond and ride around the corner, American style.:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

At least they rode their bikes to the coffee shop here in the states they put their harley on a trailer and call themselvs bikers.

I call myself lazy biker. Why would I spend 2 days riding bike to Nong Kai, when all I actually want is to ride around up there, but travel in comfort? So we load one or tow Ninja650 in the truck, travel in comfort, and load them off for fun anywhere anytime

post-81971-0-09448200-1314608336_thumb.j

one bike off already, one going off

2 weeks, 4.000km on the truck, 1000km on each bike

But isn't the journey there half the fun? Now I understand towing a track bike to the track or a road bike to somewhere when work obligations prevent a lengthy journey but a road trip from Phuket to Nong Khai sounds a blast, just get a few pals together, stop over at some nice towns on the way.... B)

Last year DucatiThailand organised a trip to Sepang for the MotoGP. Great! I thought. Until I heard they were trucking their bikes and flying down to Hat Yai and then riding to KL.

Edited by RusticCharm

This is what got me going crazy today:

So i went to a supermarket, i rode there on my moped, saw a few ducatis and late model cbr's and R1's parked near by, lookd around for the riders, saw them sitting down having some coffee and drinks at a table,the first thing i noticed was that they were in FULL GEAR, im talking about some had leathers, others had protectors that made them look like a robot, nice thing on. I chatted them up for a while, hoping that maybe we can ride together, they seemed nice, so i asked if they were busy next weekend,most said no, so i asked "how about a ride to........" and i got the most stupid excuses....too long to type here....the i though "wait wait wait, what???" why are u guys dressed up like you about to go to participate on motoGP? then i asked, "are you guys riding anywhere today?" some said no, maybe just down the street...then i asked the question i been dying to ask, "where do you guys live?" the answer mostly was "oh,just right around the block".....:cheesy:

and sadly, this is most of you......

Atleast they don't trailer the bikes to Phuket and beyond and ride around the corner, American style.:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

American Style???? When I was still living in the states there were more riders doing 2-3 day trips or 300 mile day trips than anything I have seen out here. Hell most guys i knew crossed state lines (while riding, not trailered) at least once a month. Not sure where you got that American style perception from but that is definitely not the case. I mean as much as I hate Harleys those guys even ride more in the US than most "bikers" out here.

I am sure some of the Outlaw Bikers would look at the OP sitting around typing on the net, who probably has job too and think that maybe he isn't a real biker. Each to their own.

What's the definition of a biker?

I have ridden all over the states, longest trip 15 days, on a harley with some amigos, sleeping outside in parks and stuff but it was a rented bike as I don't live in the states. Am I a biker? I was then, now I just have a dirt bike as it fits my needs.

What is a Real biker, can the OP give a definition please?

Ride Ugly

Edited by TexasRanger

I sold my Harley due to family reasons. Now we have a Fino and a Tiger Retro/sidecar left in the garage :ph34r: + a car.

So I guess I am not a real rider/biker anymore? Well yes actually I am, both are classified as a motor bike here and you need a MC license too in order to ride them legally, so yes 100% hard core biker :DB) , unless it rains, I take the bloody car.

I have had 10 boring minutes removing flame, issued warning and suspension, and removing comments on flames.

I am quiet liberate modding the bike forum, but any rider bringing in and flaming another riders wife, needs to ride alone

and yes this is a formal warning to behave, or get lost

going for a ride for a couple of weeks :)

see you all soon

Great pics Tony.

I spend most of my life at work, at the moment, but when I get the time I'll make certain that I get out more.

I commute every day on a Triumph Street Triple R, but in Singapore not Thailand.

When I put my feet up ( god knows when being, 46 and 2 young kids to provide for ) I will gladly sit back and build some bikes at my leisure( Streetfighters that is, not wobbly choppers ).

Chill out guys, there are no rules regarding if you ride once a year, in your underpants, sit at coffee shops and ignore loners who have hang ups about not getting a big hug when pulling up and try to follow you home.

Dude, I don't know if it's just me but it looks like the rear wheel on your naked CBR is a bit off-center...

Great pics Tony.

I spend most of my life at work, at the moment, but when I get the time I'll make certain that I get out more.

I commute every day on a Triumph Street Triple R, but in Singapore not Thailand.

When I put my feet up ( god knows when being, 46 and 2 young kids to provide for ) I will gladly sit back and build some bikes at my leisure( Streetfighters that is, not wobbly choppers ).

Chill out guys, there are no rules regarding if you ride once a year, in your underpants, sit at coffee shops and ignore loners who have hang ups about not getting a big hug when pulling up and try to follow you home.

:thumbsup:

I have had 10 boring minutes removing flame, issued warning and suspension, and removing comments on flames.

I am quiet liberate modding the bike forum, but any rider bringing in and flaming another riders wife, needs to ride alone

see you all soon

You will be missed BUT have fun. T/A :D

see you all soon

I wish I could and ride for a couple of weeks.

Sad that the photos were deleted, not to worry. Have a good trip!

My bike is still not back on the road after I wrecked it in January. Waiting for petrol (not gas) tank. No idea how they managed to replace the frame, but not get me a petrol tank yet. Off to Kazakhstan tomorrow for a trip offshore and hopefully it will be back on the road by time I get back, then I will be out doing regular runs from BKK (not iron butt though, I like about 600km max for a day trip).