Ipad And Thaivisa

Lazy Sod

BTW I notice that the thaivisa forum downloads much faster using the atomic browser app instead of safari. Just a comment.

I just tried it on my iPad 1 and I couldn't reply, just like with Safari... I guess you're using an iPad 2?

BTW I notice that the thaivisa forum downloads much faster using the atomic browser app instead of safari. Just a comment.

I just tried it on my iPad 1 and I couldn't reply, just like with Safari... I guess you're using an iPad 2?

Yes. Ipad 2.

hope you're not using a wooden iPad?

Woman tricked into buying wooden iPad

September 1, 2011

fake_ipad_jpg-420x0.jpg

If a stranger approached you in a McDonald's parking lot and offered to sell an iPad on the cheap, how would you react?

. . . Ms McDowell evidently jumped at the chance to snag a cut-rate iPad but explained that she had only $US180 ($170). The men decided to sell her one iPad at that price, she told police.

She handed them the money and then waited to open the FedEx box supposedly containing the iPad until she got home - where she proceeded to pull out not a shiny new Apple tablet, but a "piece of wood painted black with an Apple logo", the police report said.

source

Edited by Atmos

Sadly I can't post in Thaivisa at all from the iPad 1. It's a very limited machine, a pain in the xxxx in many ways. I avoid it if possible.

What I'd like to know is why is software updateable (or is it? nobody mentions it) leaving the iPad1 users of course more likely to chuck in the 1 for a 2.

ALso think Apple's thing about Flash disdainful of their customers. It makes so many everyday tasks impossible and it's a very long time unresolved now.

I would have never paid 25,900 for what is essentially a reader and media player had I known.

Sadly I can't post in Thaivisa at all from the iPad 1. It's a very limited machine, a pain in the xxxx in many ways. I avoid it if possible.

What I'd like to know is why is software updateable (or is it? nobody mentions it) leaving the iPad1 users of course more likely to chuck in the 1 for a 2.

ALso think Apple's thing about Flash disdainful of their customers. It makes so many everyday tasks impossible and it's a very long time unresolved now.

I would have never paid 25,900 for what is essentially a reader and media player had I known.

I'm using an iPad 1 to reply to your post. Download Opera browser, it's free and works fine for posting on this board.

Edited by Jimi007

Certainly the Ipad2 is updatable. mine has the latest update and works great. Plug it into your com, go to the app store,a dn get yourself the update. You may have to update your itunes before you can get the update for your pad.

Certainly the Ipad2 is updatable. mine has the latest update and works great. Plug it into your com, go to the app store,a dn get yourself the update. You may have to update your itunes before you can get the update for your pad.

I guess you didn't read the part about him using an iPad 1? It is updatable but for some reason TV's software is not compatible with Safari on the iPad1 or iPod touch. I have to use the Opera browser on my iPad 1 and my iPod Touch to be able to reply to posts on TV.

I guess you didn't read the part about him using an iPad 1? It is updatable but for some reason TV's software is not compatible with Safari on the iPad1 or iPod touch. I have to use the Opera browser on my iPad 1 and my iPod Touch to be able to reply to posts on TV.

You're lucky Jimi

I just updated iOS to 4 3 5 and loaded Opera.

When I try to post just as with the other browsers it will not put a cursor in the box.

In fact it did something new a couple of times, it immediately altered the quick reply box to a thin slot about 2mm wide.

Now why should I be different to you? You're not running version 5 are you?

Opera seems to have possibilities though and of course anything is 100 times better than Safari which is like watching slow drying paint dry.

Cheeryble

You're lucky Jimi

I just updated iOS to 4 3 5 and loaded Opera.

When I try to post just as with the other browsers it will not put a cursor in the box.

In fact it did something new a couple of times, it immediately altered the quick reply box to a thin slot about 2mm wide.

Now why should I be different to you? You're not running version 5 are you?

Opera seems to have possibilities though and of course anything is 100 times better than Safari which is like watching slow drying paint dry.

Cheeryble

No, I don't think 5 is out yet. I updated to 4.3.5 when it came out. The IP Board app worked with the previous OS, but not with 4.3.5. It took me a while to find anything that would work. Someone else posted about Opera in the support forum or maybe the Apple forum, so I downloaded it and it worked. I'm using it now to reply to you. I tap on the post I want to reply to and the page reloads and the post then has a reply button in it. I tap the reply button, then the page reloads again with a comment box and the post I am replying to. I then tap on that box and a cursor and keyboard come up and I can type my response. I don't have a problem with Safari, other than trying to post on the Thaivisa board that uses IP Board software. I really don't know why it won't work for you... Try playing with it a bit more... Good luck!

That's odd today Opera is loading TV in a very different format and I'm in fast reply now.

I'll try in the regular reply box afterwards.

Now I can complain about the iPad's multiple limitations properly!

Cheeryble

Just remember that the iPad is a "device," not a computer... It uses pretty much the same software as the iPhone and the iPod Touch.

Yea its strange that Apple does not do updates for the ipad 1. I cant understand why it would not be able to use safari for Thaivisa. Obviously you are right about them wanting IPAD 1 users going to an IPAD2. I kinda expected Apple to be more customer centered then this.

Just goes to show, just hope they dont do the same for the ipad 3 (if there ever will be one)

Yea its strange that Apple does not do updates for the ipad 1. I cant understand why it would not be able to use safari for Thaivisa. Obviously you are right about them wanting IPAD 1 users going to an IPAD2. I kinda expected Apple to be more customer centered then this.

Just goes to show, just hope they dont do the same for the ipad 3 (if there ever will be one)

There are some issues with the IP Board software as well. I remember when Thaivisa changed to their (IP Board) software and there were a lot of issues with many users and some browers. But I agree it's odd that Safari works fine with it on an iPad 2 and we can't post using the same software on an iPad 1. Opera is still working fine for posting though...

Edited by Jimi007

Actually I remember that George (owner of TV)had said they were woking on an app for TV. It was submitted to Apple he had said, but then I never heard any more about it... I really doubt Apple is even aware there is even a problem. Or maybe they are and told George to write an app so it would work properly.

Edited by Jimi007

There are some issues with the IP Board software as well. I remember when Thaivisa changed to their (IP Board) software and there were a lot of issues with many users and some browers. But I agree it's odd that Safari works fine with it on an iPad 2 and we can't post using the same software on an iPad 1. Opera is still working fine for posting though...

I always Expected it to be easy just release a new version of safari. Do iPads actually get updates ? Believe they do as some guy is complaining that after a restore he could not jailbreak anymore because he has a new version. Maybe apple considers it a minor bug not worth fixing. But

It does not explain why iPad 2 has no problems. Strange indeed .

I always Expected it to be easy just release a new version of safari. Do iPads actually get updates ? Believe they do as some guy is complaining that after a restore he could not jailbreak anymore because he has a new version. Maybe apple considers it a minor bug not worth fixing. But

It does not explain why iPad 2 has no problems. Strange indeed .

Yes there have been three iOS updates in the past several months. There will be another soon: iOS 5. Individual apps, especially games update quite often. And yes, since there only seems to be an issue with Safari posting on this forum on an iPad 1, I'm sure Apple isn't too concerned...