Poste Restante

Saan

I need advice about having mail sent to me in Chiang Mai. Only one of six items, that I know of, has arrived. Those sent have been a mix from overseas and in Thailand. I want to know if poste restante provides some security and is it available in all post offices. If not where should I get me mail sent so it arrives safely.

Thanks for any help you can give me

Poste restante leaves your mail laying around in the post office until you pick it up and can not be considered secure, nor can any method of delivery which leaves the mail laying around anywhere before being picked up.

Many people who think they have a lot of lost mail often have not been patient enough for the slow delivery system to cough it out but a few have bad luck and others are not careful about what they have put in the mail. PO boxes seem to be fairly reliable.

Poste restante leaves your mail laying around in the post office until you pick it up and can not be considered secure, nor can any method of delivery which leaves the mail laying around anywhere before being picked up.

Many people who think they have a lot of lost mail often have not been patient enough for the slow delivery system to cough it out but a few have bad luck and others are not careful about what they have put in the mail. PO boxes seem to be fairly reliable.

Thanks for that info. Can you tell me are PO boxes available at all post offices and do you have any idea of their cost.

Yes, and even if it arrives there's no guarantee that anyone will be able to find it.

It is probably the least secure of any type of mailing system.

Thanks for that info. Can you tell me are PO boxes available at all post offices and do you have any idea of their cost.

All post offices? I never bothered to check all of them and can not imagine why anybody would want to but many of them have boxes, 400-700 baht per year. Why do you care if they are available in all post offices?

All post offices? I never bothered to check all of them and can not imagine why anybody would want to but many of them have boxes, 400-700 baht per year. Why do you care if they are available in all post offices?

Thanks for the assistance Dante. I don't give a tuppeny whether all have PO boxes, although all where I originally came from did. I just want to find one somewhere near me.

and having not yet acquired private transport I was trying to avoid doing the rounds. Thanks again, I'll use the PO option.