Vasterbotten Cheese

thaigerd

:whistling:

I'm not sure but I seriously doubt that you can. First of all cheese is not a product most Thais want or usually buy. Many Thais are Lactose Intolerant...and that includes cheese products. So the main market for any cheese in Thailand is foriegners, not Thais and is limited.

Secondly, from what I understand the Vasterbotten cheese you're looking for is not easy to find outside of Sweden and Europe. I don't think there is much of a chance at finding it in Bangkok, much less Thailand. Maybe a slight possibility of some of the tourist/foriegner speciality food shops in Bangkok, Pattaya, Phuket, or Koh Samui...but even then I wouldn't be certain, and if you did find such a thing it would be expensive.

There may be one place in Singapore...can't remember it's name exactly now, but it MAY have been Paragon,Singapore...associated wth the Paragon in Bangkok. In Singapore they have a whole floor of western food items, many fresh from Europe.

(For you New Yorkers, you can also get real New York Lox and Bagels in that store. They are flash frozen, shpped by air to Singapore and normally less than 24 hours old. But they will cost you.)

I once bought an almost 2 Kilo Norwiegen Salmon in that store in Singapore..wild caught Salmon, not farmed, for my Thai/Chinese landlord when I lived at his guesthouse in Bangkok. He was overjoyed, because he loved Salmon. I remember they had a wide selection of cheese including some I recognised from Denmark (I worked in Denmark at the time).

But you need to understand, that store in Singapore...on Orchard Road I believe, is VERY expensive because much of it's products...especially the fresh meat...is flown by air daily from Europe and therefore very EXPENSIVE.

:whistling:

Edited by IMA_FARANG