New 90 Day Conditions In Pattay Immigration

thaibear1

It seem the new conditions for 60/90 days tourist visa isn't enoung nonsense, now I read in German news (translated by google) there are also news for reporting 90 days ..... let's hope it not spread over whole country ..... because all documents are requested in Thai language :annoyed:

Pattaya Immigration Department changed the rules for three-month reporting requirement

The "Pattaya Immigration Office" in Jomtien has announced a new scheme. All foreigners with a residence permit for one year must submit their next 90-day reporting requirement additional documents.

Pattaya pp. From now apply to foreigners with an annual visa at their next new mandatory reporting requirements. Besides the usual additional copies of the following documents must be submitted with documents.

Passport: Copy of both sides with information identifying the passport holder.

Copy of the white arrival / departure card.

Copy of the page with the currently valid visa stamp.

Residence: Copy of the lease or a utility bill,

for married couples who own a house in Thailand:

Copy of the Register House (signed by the wife)

IMPORTANT: All documents must be in Thai language.

source: http://www.thailandtip.de/tip-zeitung/nachrichten/news/pattaya-einwanderungsbehoerde-aendert-die-regelung-zur-dreimonatigen-meldepflicht/back/2/

WHERE IT WILL END ??? B)

Edited by thaibear1

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Passport: Copy of both sides with information identifying the passport holder.

IMPORTANT: All documents must be in Thai language. "

Hmm. My UK passport is in English, as one might expect.

Am I supposed to get a special Thai one issued by the Home Office?

My question is about the form. News articles have said fill out the form like you always have done. I have never filled out that form! The officer always has done it. Are we now supposed to fill that out ourselves, or not? (People who have been in lately.)

Is a bit worrying as to whatever next. I think this is mainly for tax purposes though,identifying where you live,so tax can be applied to whoever is the owner of the property. I think the rent receipt now has to show the address ,not just an unaddressed piece of paper

My question is about the form. News articles have said fill out the form like you always have done. I have never filled out that form! The officer always has done it. Are we now supposed to fill that out ourselves, or not? (People who have been in lately.)

So now we know why those rules are enforced once again.:D

Copy this, copy that, copy, copy, copy, coooopyyy....

Did anyone knows that Double A is a thai company?

Think about it sometimes :D

TiT

I'm still searching for that building where they keep those billions and billions of paper copy's that are submitted whenever you have to apply anything concerning the government.

The documents only I have signed and submitted during my stay of almost 2 decades in Thailand must fill at least 2 floors already.

Just did it last Monday. They will give you the form to fill out, or you can download it here on Thai Visa. It's called TM47 FORM:

http://www.thaivisa....r-than-90-days/

They won't give you a queue number unless you have the required documents already prepared.

My guess is it's to speed up the processing.

Is a bit worrying as to whatever next. I think this is mainly for tax purposes though,identifying where you live,so tax can be applied to whoever is the owner of the property. I think the rent receipt now has to show the address ,not just an unaddressed piece of paper

Not to worry.

For most areas in Pattaya, there is no property tax yet. I live in Huai Yai (where there is property tax), it's a whopping 67 baht/year for 1.5 rai. I believe it costs more to service the tax, than they collect.

There are a couple things to note:

1. Government agencies do not share information with other government agencies. Hence the need for lots of copies.
  2. When I first came to Thailand there was at least 2 sets of copies for everything, now it's only one or 2 sets of copies. When signing my balance sheet papers my hand used to hurt after a while signing the 20cm stack of documents! Now i only sign a 2cm stack of copies.

Personally, I believe the change in requirements is to help crack down on foreign criminals hiding in the country. The second floor of the Chonburi Immigration Office now has a section devoted to just that.

Edited by BB1950

Copy this, copy that, copy, copy, copy, coooopyyy....

Did anyone knows that Double A is a thai company?

Think about it sometimes :D

TiT

Paper is an alien being intent on taking over the World - and is using the Thai Immigration service as a pilot scheme.

In Thailand having lots of bits of paper is necessary so that some plod can use one of those infernal stapling machines, which makes them feel so efficient and important.

I think there may be some misunderstandings somewhere. I was at Pattaya Immigration doing my 90 days reporting yesterday and they asked

- 90 days report form (TM47 - you should fill out the top part yourself, leave the bottom part for the official, as explained on the form)

- copy of passport - photo page, visa and arrival card

- some proof of address - house papers, contract or utility bill

They used to do this some time ago but dropped it again. Now obviously it's again become a requirement. I didn't bring any proof of address but they just told me to remember it next time.

post-1539-0-89536800-1315022787_thumb.jp

Sorry about the poor picture quality, the camera in my phone is crap.

I think there may be some misunderstandings somewhere. I was at Pattaya Immigration doing my 90 days reporting yesterday and they asked

- 90 days report form (TM47 - you should fill out the top part yourself, leave the bottom part for the official, as explained on the form)

- copy of passport - photo page, visa and arrival card

They used to do this some time ago but dropped it again. Now obviously it's again become a requirement. I didn't bring any proof of address but they just told me to remember it next time.

post-1539-0-89536800-1315022787_thumb.jp

Sorry about the poor picture quality, the camera in my phone is crap.

They must really like you, they made me nip next door and photo copy the missing items ...still it only took me 6 minute from walking in to walking out.

Would a Internet Provider bill count as a utility bill ? As I get my Elec and Water bill on a sheet of (recycled) paper directly from the Condo Management with no form of identification (only Room Number)

Would a Internet Provider bill count as a utility bill ? As I get my Elec and Water bill on a sheet of (recycled) paper directly from the Condo Management with no form of identification (only Room Number)

I've used that in the past so I'd say probably yes.

Why not? In many condos or apartments, you get the same for a water and electric bill.

And as Phil mentioned, they aren't going to hassle you over this. If it's not acceptable, they'll remind you to bring something else the next time such as your rental contract or house papers.

The part I find is amusing: Since I'm a foreigner and own my house, I'm not listed in the house book and there are no entries in the house book. It only shows the address, but a copy of it works just fine. TIT :whistling:

I met the paperwork requirements. ;)

Maybe, it's a way to generate income for the copy place next door. :P

Edited by BB1950

Just did it last Monday. They will give you the form to fill out, or you can download it here on Thai Visa. It's called TM47 FORM:

http://www.thaivisa....r-than-90-days/

They won't give you a queue number unless you have the required documents already prepared.

My guess is it's to speed up the processing.

Yes, I use the downloaded form, with all the filled-in information saved on my computer. Just change the date each time and print it out. I've even been told by the officer to fill in my name and nationality down below where it states:"for offical use only." I've been bringing 3BB or TOT bills as proof of address for the past year or two, but have never been asked for copies of passport or arrival card, at least up to this last August.

Would it not be easier just to take a trip somewhere every 90 days?

If so, does that mean that you do not have to 'report in' ?

I assume this is for people with 1 year visa extentions who are either married or retired? I have a NON 'O' visa and just trip out every 90 days....it's a good excuse to get away from 'er indoors for a day or 2 :bah:

Edited by hotandhumid

Hmm. Sit on a bus to Cambodia for hours every 90 days, hang around for ages at the border, then drive for hours to get back home, and pay 1800B or more for the privilege, rather than just pop down to Jomtien immigration with a couple of photocopies and do the lot in 15 minutes for a total cost of under 30B (2 * bahtbus + photocopies)?

I dont think so.

it's a good excuse to get away from 'er indoors for a day or 2

I like where I live. And as I live alone I have no need to get away from anything when I'm there.

YMMV

I assume this is for people with 1 year visa extentions who are either married or retired? I have a NON 'O' visa and just trip out every 90 days....it's a good excuse to get away from 'er indoors for a day or 2 :bah:

Yes, it is for the One Year Visa recipients, who could be with work permits, Retired or married to a Thai.

But if you are lazy, just get the wife to go down for you, as you can appoint someone to take in your completed paperwork and passport.

I too like my trips,so get a re-entry permit and take an occasional trip overseas. Once went to Kho Kong with friend and wife, when he did a visa run. I was there just for the trip.

Yes, it is for the One Year Visa recipients, who could be with work permits, Retired or married to a Thai.

But if you are lazy, just get the wife to go down for you, as you can appoint someone to take in your completed paperwork and passport.

I too like my trips,so get a re-entry permit and take an occasional trip overseas. Once went to Kho Kong with friend and wife, when he did a visa run. I was there just for the trip.

You have to get a re-entry permit before you go? Can you not just go and get 90 days when coming back in, with that sufficing?

You have to get a re-entry permit before you go? Can you not just go and get 90 days when coming back in, with that sufficing?

I think you're mixing up one year visas, with the 12 month extension to stay, granted by immigration.

With a one year visa, you will have to leave the country every 90 days.

i.e. do a boarder run to get a new 90 days of stay.

With a 12 month extension to stay, usually based on work permit, retirement or marriage to a Thai national. You have to report to immigration every 90 days.

If you would leave the country without a re-entry permit, your permission to stay gets void.

Resulting in, that you would have to start the whole application procedure over again, to get a new 12 month extension to stay.

As a side note, on a 12 month extension to stay, you can apply for a re-entry permit at immigration, 1000 single entry, 3800 multiple.

With a re-entry permit, your initial extension to stay date, will remain the same when you re-enter Thailand again.

I think you're mixing up one year visas, with the 12 month extension to stay, granted by immigration.

With a one year visa, you will have to leave the country every 90 days.

i.e. do a boarder run to get a new 90 days of stay.

With a 12 month extension to stay, usually based on work permit, retirement or marriage to a Thai national. You have to report to immigration every 90 days.

If you would leave the country without a re-entry permit, your permission to stay gets void.

Resulting in, that you would have to start the whole application procedure over again, to get a new 12 month extension to stay.

As a side note, on a 12 month extension to stay, you can apply for a re-entry permit at immigration, 1000 single entry, 3800 multiple.

With a re-entry permit, your initial extension to stay date, will remain the same when you re-enter Thailand again.

I'm not getting mixed up at all. I'm asking that instead of reporting in every 90 days could you opt to leave the country instead, or do you have to report in no matter what?

HOTANDHUMID ....As I do and my immigration accept. If I don't go out for travel etc. I have to report after 90 days. If during this 90 days I go out, the 90 days start new from the date I re-enter and is stamped in my passport and immigration card! That's it :jap:

HOTANDHUMID ....As I do and my immigration accept. If I don't go out for travel etc. I have to report after 90 days. If during this 90 days I go out, the 90 days start new from the date I re-enter and is stamped in my passport and immigration card! That's it :jap:

There you go, someone who did understand my simple question and gave me an answer in simple English.

Cheers, bear.

There you go, someone who did understand my simple question and gave me an answer in simple English.

Cheers, bear.

THank you hotandhumid .... this is the point, to much like have fun here as in a Facebook game and some proud UK people are unhappy if you don't write perfect english and forget the importance is help each other by short and clear messages, I think in Thailand have not only UK Farangs? Cheers :rolleyes:

Edited by thaibear1

Cheers, bear.

Yes you are getting mixed up,if you leave the country you will have to go to immigration first to get a re-entry which costs you 1000 Baht.

So in fact instead of reporting your 90 days stay which is free,you will have to go and report that you are leaving the country instead and want to return 2 days later and even pay money for that.