Phuket Immigration Again

petercallen

Went to phuket immigration for the letter you need for just about anything

You no longer go upstairs there is a notice on the door staff only

A bossy volunteer called us over to his desk and said we had to fill the form out there

He told me what photo copies i needed and i told him i already had them

I started to fill the form out with his pen which he snatched back because it was his

(probably a whole 50 bahts worth) and gave me a cheap one

Then he tells me i will have to fill the form out at the desk at the rear of the office

because they are busy even though there is no one else waiting

We go to the other desk and start filling out the form, next thing there is a smiling Thai

immigration officer standing next to us, he takes us back to his desk makes sure the form

is filled out correctly and we have the required photo copies and tells us to sit in the waiting

area with a smile, 10 minutes later he brings the letter we required to us in the waiting area

Very good and pleasant service from the Thai immigration officer

I've always found the volunteers very friendly and helpful, sometimes overly helpful; I don't really need them to fill out forms for me as I can do it quicker myself.

But you can always get someone on a bad day and it is also possible that a 'customer' could p!ss them off as well.

They are volunteers remember. They don't get paid yet are there during office hours like a regular job.

I've always found the volunteers very friendly and helpful, sometimes overly helpful; I don't really need them to fill out forms for me as I can do it quicker myself.

But you can always get someone on a bad day and it is also possible that a 'customer' could p!ss them off as well.

They are volunteers remember. They don't get paid yet are there during office hours like a regular job.

I have found the majority of volunteers helpful and overly helpful at times also

Its just the odd few who seem to be on a ego trip once they put a uniform on

What letter is that.... prof of residence.. was free before now was 100 or 300.. Buy a car/motorbike, get/renew a DL etc. So what was it and yes the vols are strong.. too many idiots

Yes the proof of residence letter, thats the only letter i have ever required from immigration

I was there on Friday for my 90 day reporting. The form in the passport did not have room for anymore stamps so I was politely asked by the Thai immigration officer to get a couple of photocopies, which you can now do directly underneath instead of out the back. When I returned the officer filled out the new form, stamped & stapled the other piece in my passport. I thanked him & left, all done in about 5 minutes including getting the photocopies.

I like the volunteers, very helpful. Not allways correct but thats life. I would love to do a whip around and get everyone on Thaivisa to donate 5 baht each so we could by a decent ticketing machine for the joint. It drives me wild that you have to push and shove and stand around because of no ticketing system, If they can manage it in banks then they can manage it at immigration

I download the forms at home, fill them in and photocopy anything they could possibly ask for before leaving home.

I park at immigration and wait in the car while my TGF takes the forms upstairs. If they ask where I am she tells them, and that I have a sore knee and can't get up the stairs. Never any problems, she's served in minutes every time.

I've never seen a volunteer, nor the inside of the photocopy place. (consequently, haven't had to worry about the cost of a photocopy!)

:)

I was there on Friday for my 90 day reporting. The form in the passport did not have room for anymore stamps so I was politely asked by the Thai immigration officer to get a couple of photocopies, which you can now do directly underneath instead of out the back. When I returned the officer filled out the new form, stamped & stapled the other piece in my passport. I thanked him & left, all done in about 5 minutes including getting the photocopies.

What photocopies are needed for a 90 day report? I never had to photocopy anything before, except the first time and when I got a new passport. Is this something new?

Edited by Jimi007

I like the volunteers, very helpful. Not allways correct but thats life. I would love to do a whip around and get everyone on Thaivisa to donate 5 baht each so we could by a decent ticketing machine for the joint. It drives me wild that you have to push and shove and stand around because of no ticketing system, If they can manage it in banks then they can manage it at immigration

There used to be a ticketing system when the new Imm office opened. Think it last about a month. Much the same as the TOT office in Patong, but at least there they offer plastic squares with number. Thankfully the transport office sysem works well (so far).

What photocopies are needed for a 90 day report? I never had to photocopy anything before, except the first time and when I got a new passport. Is this something new?

I did my 90 day reporting last month (August), expected the stamp in my slip (plenty of space). But the volunteer told me a needed to fill out the form, said the restamp was not in operation any more. The pleasant officer at the desk (left side) agreed. Fortunately I always keep plenty of the necessary copies in my bag .. ready for everything ... B)

There is a ticketing machine and a electronic screen there now, but it is not being used

Sometimes they want a copy of the relevent passport pages, arrival card and proof of residence. Sometimes they don't. Depends on who, where and what the Immigration officer had for breakfast.

I supply these docs, sometimes they keep all, or some of them, sometimes not.

My last border arrival was 9 may and I was given a permit until 6 may 2012 (don't know why I didn't get a full year!). I reported on 9 August and was given a lecture (at least my Gf was) because I was late and should have come in on 6 August! This, despite it being very close to 90 days after arrival, and the fact that you are usually given a few days leeway anyway!

Edited by Old Croc

I did my 90 day reporting last month (August), expected the stamp in my slip (plenty of space). But the volunteer told me a needed to fill out the form, said the restamp was not in operation any more. The pleasant officer at the desk (left side) agreed. Fortunately I always keep plenty of the necessary copies in my bag ... ready for everything ... B)

For a while last year they were filling out a new form everytime, but then they just started to restamp the old one. I never remember having to give him a photocopy of anything. What did you have to give a photocopy of this last time?

Edited by Jimi007

I download the forms at home, fill them in and photocopy anything they could possibly ask for before leaving home.

Yep ... that's what I do. You can even type in all the details and print it out. Save the file for the next time, just need to change the dates. It's just great to walk in and flourish the prepared form to the usual volunteer(s), then straight to front desk for processing.

Sometimes they want a copy of the relevent passport pages, arrival card and proof of residence. Sometimes they don't. Depends on who, where and what the Immigration officer had for breakfast.

Ah, okay. The usual guy knows me so I guess he never asks me for anything.

Yep ... that's what I do. You can even type in all the details and print it out. Save the file for the next time, just need to change the dates. It's just great to walk in and flourish the prepared form to the usual volunteer(s), then straight to front desk for processing.

Where do you download them ??

On my report in February I was told that for the first report of the year you need the photocopies. I can't remember what happened in May as I renewed the extension of stay at the same time so was armed with loads of photocopies. I think you are right though, Old Croc. It depends upon the mood of the day.

Where do you download them ??

Visa Forum has details -

but easier to go direct to Immigration site - http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/en/base.php?page=download

Ah, okay. The usual guy knows me so I guess he never asks me for anything.

Yes, but if the 90 form, which they staple in your passport, does not have room for anymore stamps then a new form has to be filled out. Whether or not they ask you for photocopies of passport, with visa & arrival form, is another matter but on Friday they did require it. In fact the previous time I was there the officer said I would need photocopies next time, I just happened to forget. In all the times I have been doing the 90 day reporting they have stamped the existing form in my passport until it was full.

Visa Forum has details -

but easier to go direct to Immigration site - http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/en/base.php?page=download

Nice one thanks for that.Got to do a re-entry permit tomorrow.

Never see the volunteer's.Always in and out before they get there.

Three of them are drinking mates so i don't think I would have any probs anyway

What letter is that.... prof of residence.. was free before now was 100 or 300.. Buy a car/motorbike, get/renew a DL etc. So what was it and yes the vols are strong.. too many idiots

This form supposed to be for free still. If you watch the officer after he takes your cash he puts it into his draw. You don't go to the officer that gives a receipt he keeps it in the tea money box! Next time ask him for a receipt.... You won't have to pay!!!!

This form supposed to be for free still. If you watch the officer after he takes your cash he puts it into his draw. You don't go to the officer that gives a receipt he keeps it in the tea money box! Next time ask him for a receipt.... You won't have to pay!!!!

I for one do not worry about it i am happy to tip anyone for good service

Why don't you ask for a receipt and see how you go :)

What form in the passport?