Chiropractor In Chiangmai?

devaram

Sorry, I don't know one and if there is one here why isn't he/she in the states getting $200 an hour?

I would never let a chiropractor loose on my neck and especially on an older person, whose cervical discs might be crumbling anyway. You say 'has neck pain'.......caused by what??? Shouldn't the basic diagnostics be done first to establish the cause? Who knows, hot and cold treatments, ultra sound, some anti inflammatory meds, bit of physio or even very gentle massage might help, but I'd certainly steer clear of a bone cracker as far as the cervical spine of an elderly lady is concerned.

Edited by uptheos

Dr. Ken Leeper, a chiropractor from Wisconsin has been doing consulations at Shewe Wana Boutique Resort and Spa, but I haven't been to see him for a few months. I'd heard he'd gone back to the U.S. for while. The OP might want to contact them to see if he's still available for a consultation.

http://www.shewewana.com/index.php

That being said, I'd like to second uptheos's recommendation to have the problem properly diagnosed. Dr. Ken doesn't have an x-ray machine at the spa and I expect he'd recommend you get an x-ray done for him to review and also a bone density test, if you haven't had one recently. I'm an old lady, too, with borderline osteoporosis, and he wants me to have bone density testing annually and bring the results to him before he starts to do manipulation.

My mother had the same problem and her bone density declined to the point that reputable chiropractors wouldn't touch her back.

Dr. Ken Leeper, a chiropractor from Wisconsin has been doing consulations at Shewe Wana Boutique Resort and Spa, but I haven't been to see him for a few months. I'd heard he'd gone back to the U.S. for while. The OP might want to contact them to see if he's still available for a consultation.

http://www.shewewana.com/index.php

That being said, I'd like to second uptheos's recommendation to have the problem properly diagnosed. Dr. Ken doesn't have an x-ray machine at the spa and I expect he'd recommend you get an x-ray done for him to review and also a bone density test, if you haven't had one recently. I'm an old lady, too, with borderline osteoporosis, and he wants me to have bone density testing annually and bring the results to him before he starts to do manipulation.

My mother had the same problem and her bone density declined to the point that reputable chiropractors wouldn't touch her back.

Thanks for the advice!

Hi

Yes see a doctor first! Lots of good ones in CM.

I have had a good experience with acupuncture at Mukalla( not sure of the spelling) here in Chiang Mai

should that be a way to go for you.. Was pretty painless and he was gentle.

Peace

W

Hi

Yes see a doctor first! Lots of good ones in CM.

I have had a good experience with acupuncture at Mukalla( not sure of the spelling) here in Chiang Mai

should that be a way to go for you.. Was pretty painless and he was gentle.

Peace

W

I've heard good and not so good things about Mungkala. Some say the lady who practices there is best, others say the guy, but I guess it doesn't matter who, just as long as it helps.

We are doing hot compresses and massage and that seems to help allot though slower than chiropractic admittedly less risky. Acupuncture sounds good. Thanks all for the advice!

OK, but WHAT'S the problem?

Cervical spine pain should not be taken lightly.......get a proper diagnosis, preferably an MRI, 8,000 Baht at RAM but well worth the investment. Go and see Dr.Paiboon at RAM - he's a good orthopod. smile.gif