Indian Food Recommendation

luudee

Tonight I went for the third time in the last two weeks to "Indian by Nature"

on Tepraja, next to "News Coffee".

It was 3 of us today, and we where all delighted by the food again. Absolutely

excellent food, well prepared and tasty. Last time we where there I was looking

for a dish that I could not find on the menu. I asked the waiter and he confirmed

that it was not on the menu, but said they will be happy to make it. It was

yummy, just what I expected ! We have now tried several curries and kebabs

there and liked everything. Also a great selection of Naan breads ...

The restaurant itself is a really nice place. White tablecloth, friendly staff,

relaxing atmosphere. Also a nice selection of wines ...

Definitely will go again ...

Cheers,

rudi

Wow...thanks for the news...it's only been there like 5 years or something :lol:

I would never pay their prices for Indian...my little Indo-food shop up the street does a nice chicken tikka masala with saffron rice for B180...I think I'll stick with him...but they got a couple nice doors :)

Edited by FarangBuddha

Wow...thanks for the news...it's only been there like 5 years or something :lol:

I would never pay their prices for Indian...my little Indo-food shop up the street does a nice chicken tikka masala with saffron rice for B180...I think I'll stick with him...but they got a couple nice doors :)

Yes it has been there for a long time, I just never made it there before.

I didn't think their prices where unreasonable. Dishes run between

150 and 300 baht depending what you order.

I forgot to mention, they have a huge glass window with a partial

view to their kitchen. You can see for yourself how clean the place is,

and the neat uniforms the cooking staff wears.

Enjoy your 180 Baht dinner, I'll be hanging out at Indian By Nature.

rudi

PS: Not associated with them at all ... just happy customer.

Edited by luudee

"Indian By Nature"? Vastly overpriced and I agree that the food is average. Because of the exorbitant prices, I won't be dining there again. Adjacent to the bar complex at Soi Rompoe Market (top of Jomtien Soi 5) there is a small Indian diner called "Curry Hut"......... excellent Indian food and not expensive. They do free deliveries in the Jomtien area and have a 199 baht special every night. Last night, I had the 'special'......Chicken Madras, Pakoras, Nan Bread, Pulao Rice, Mango Chutney and an Indian salad. Superb!!!

The 'special' changes every night and can include Chicken Vindaloo, Chicken Marsala, Chicken Tikka, Butter Chicken, Chicken Korma with Chapatis, Parathas, Onion Bajhis etc . etc. and the 'special' is detailed on a chalk board outside.

Edit: added more details

Edited by GamLing

"Indian By Nature"? Vastly overpriced and I agree that the food is average. Because of the exorbitant prices, I won't be dining there again. Adjacent to the bar complex at Soi Rompoe Market (top of Jomtien Soi 5) there is a small Indian diner called "Curry Hut"......... excellent Indian food and not expensive. They do free deliveries in the Jomtien area and have a 199 baht special every night. Last night, I had the 'special'......Chicken Madras, Pakoras, Nan Bread, Pulao Rice, Mango Chutney and an Indian salad. Superb!!!

The 'special' changes every night and can include Chicken Vindaloo, Chicken Marsala, Chicken Tikka, Butter Chicken, Chicken Korma with Chapatis, Parathas, Onion Bajhis etc . etc. and the 'special' is detailed on a chalk board outside.

Edit: added more details

Hey, Bud- that sounds like a good deal! To tell the truth, a couple of my friends said not to bother trying Curry Hut (they didn't like it at all), but they're English... so I'm going over there soon!

B)

Indian by nature dishes are too dry for my taste ---- prefer sauces such as jalfrezi, madras, rogan josh etc. Tandoori ovens can make the food dry and lacking in taste.

A pity because the ambiance is good, although the place is expensive, even by European standards.

Suppose I should try the Curry hut, but the name curry puts me off, as it is very rare for me to order a curry.

My hubby enjoyed his meal from Indian by Nature but I found my Byriani very non authentic.

The Curry Hut was nice but not a lot of meat in mine. The special seems good value though.

How long has the Curry Hut been in business? I hadn't noticed it. More specific directions please?

Good to hear some promo...er positive reviews. All the people I knew who tried did so only once.

I'm one.

Food average and well over priced.

The Indian place on Third Road just past Cherry's is much better food but still a little pricy.

That place has been shut for a while,i never saw a customer in the place.

Good to hear some promo...er positive reviews. All the people I knew who tried did so only once.

I'm one.

The Indian place on Third Road just past Cherry's is much better food but still a little pricy.

That place has been shut for a while,i never saw a customer in the place.

Ime not suprised its closed ,took our son there for a birthday treat ,the staff were sitting outside while a child watched tv inside ,looked at the menu ,stood about for a few minutes like lemons ,nobody took any notice of us so we walked out ,

Not sure we're all talking about the same Indian place.

There is the fancy one on the same side of the street as Cherry's that is indeed long time closed.

Then across the street north of Cherry's, much more funky looking place, is very much still in business.

I tried neither but wonder about the open one. Also not cheap.

I am not a Pattaya person ,but there are heaps of good Indian restaurants, when you go to Bangkok. In little India. All price ranges and qualities.This is where the Indians eat. Rarely ever see farang in there.Go to Chakraphet Road, Wang Burapha, On the left side ,between the road and and the Klong ,many places. You need to explore, great fun. One place ,I go to when in Bkk., Does a super Masala Dhosa. ( Veg). Sorry about that.Superb.

My hubby enjoyed his meal from Indian by Nature but I found my Byriani very non authentic.

The Curry Hut was nice but not a lot of meat in mine. The special seems good value though.

How long has the Curry Hut been in business? I hadn't noticed it. More specific directions please?

Think it has been open 5 or 6 months. It is in the row of shops inside the bar complex at Jomtien Market just round from The Aussie bar.. You can sit in or take away.

I am not a Pattaya person ,but there are heaps of good Indian restaurants, when you go to Bangkok. In little India. All price ranges and qualities.This is where the Indians eat. Rarely ever see farang in there.Go to Chakraphet Road, Wang Burapha, On the left side ,between the road and and the Klong ,many places. You need to explore, great fun. One place ,I go to when in Bkk., Does a super Masala Dhosa. ( Veg). Sorry about that.Superb.

Dosas are available in Pattaya at two places I know about.

One is the place across from Central beach mall, near the fancy Iranian place.

The dosa I had there was pretty good, though too greasy, but at least freshly cooked. Had another curry meal there, excellent.

Another place on 2nd north of Big C, south of Pattaya North, east side, I think "Garden" in the name. Had a dosa there. I could taste it wasn't freshly cooked. Could have been an off time, because the tastes were quite good, but because of the staleness had to give it a fail.

About Indian by Nature, out my price range so glad to hear most people not impressed.

BTW, the is a NEW perhaps promising Indian place.

Name starts with Z I think.

On 2nd road, east side, north of Royal, it's on a CORNER. I looked at the menu. Very impressive with lots of unusual dishes you don't see other places. They have fancy thali meals at 500 baht; yes expensive. But for people who don't mind spending for Indian, you might want to check it out. Frankly, I think they are really hurting for business, but based on the menu I suspect they are serious about Indian food, unlike most of the tourist traps.

Edited by Jingthing

So where should i go if i want to eat creamy/saucy indian food for =< 200 baht ?

closer to pattaya nua is a plus

You could try Spices 2 at lunchtime for buffet --- 199 baht. Traveling from Nua to Klang on 3rd road, it's about 500 metres short of Klang on your left --- behind what used to be Carrefour.

The menu is much the same every day, so I only go there about once every 2 months. It's designed for tour buses, whose patrons presumably, are not expected to come back.

The place can be quite entertaining --- 100s of Bollywood posters on the walls --- oh the musack. Seating seems to be for 400 --500 people. Recently, some Indian gents never sat down, and ate while standing, with almost constant visits for top ups. At one stage the staff tried to ration the Naan bread --- only 1 per person, but of course you could come back for more, as soon as you were finished the first one. Lots and lots of food, but basically the same, all the time.

I'm one.

some people are willing to pay for the ambiente. the cost factor is different for table cloths and bare tables as well as for linen napkins and the jokes they put on the tables of some "restaurants" and of course it applies to under what conditions the food is prepared. you can eat beautiful and very tasty indian food in India. but when you check the kitchen you wouldn't let your dog eat that food.

addendum: if i ever need an advice on food and restaurants in Pattaya i'd ask the one and only expert cum gourmet, namely Jingthing. that is no joke, i mean it!

i am not referring specifically to "Indian by Nature" but voice my general opinion. to each his own.

Edited by Naam