Any Lifan Ef200 Owners Out There?

Richie1971

i havent seen a lifan yet in the flesh and i drive 50-100 km around bkk every day

if theres a decent shop or showroom to check out their products id like to see it

its hard to have confidence in a brand if these bikes are so great

and less than half the price of their equilalents from other manufactureres yet

almost nobody is driving them

thai people love to save a baht or 2,yet they avoid cheap brands like the plague

even the only people i see driving tiger boxers are the police and thats a very low priced

200/250cc bike

i havent seen a lifan yet in the flesh and i drive 50-100 km around bkk every day

if theres a decent shop or showroom to check out their products id like to see it

its hard to have confidence in a brand if these bikes are so great

and less than half the price of their equilalents from other manufactureres yet

almost nobody is driving them

thai people love to save a baht or 2,yet they avoid cheap brands like the plague

even the only people i see driving tiger boxers are the police and thats a very low priced

200/250cc bike

Quite right mate - I'm just not prepared to splash out 66% more on the Kawasaki equivalent (KLX,D-TRACKER) which by all accounts havent exactly set the world on fire (Dont see many of them either!)

I have a Lifan cross LF200... I can confirm that it is a 5 speed and all gears are down, neutral is at the top.

I have about 4000km's on this bike, and I enjoy it. That being said, it is what it is, an inexpensive copy of a Honda XR, and it doesn't have quite the quality you expect from the very much higher priced Honda. I have had to return to the shop several times for small issues, all of which were fixed up right away.

It's gutsy and a bit noisy for a 200, and I like the high riding position. The bike likes to get off road where it's natural habitat is.

But when the knobby tread is gone on the back tire, I will be switching to motard tires because knobbies just cant hold a corner like a street tire and I mostly stay on the tarmac.

I have a Lifan cross LF200... I can confirm that it is a 5 speed and all gears are down, neutral is at the top.

I have about 4000km's on this bike, and I enjoy it. That being said, it is what it is, an inexpensive copy of a Honda XR, and it doesn't have quite the quality you expect from the very much higher priced Honda. I have had to return to the shop several times for small issues, all of which were fixed up right away.

It's gutsy and a bit noisy for a 200, and I like the high riding position. The bike likes to get off road where it's natural habitat is.

But when the knobby tread is gone on the back tire, I will be switching to motard tires because knobbies just cant hold a corner like a street tire and I mostly stay on the tarmac.

Thanks for that Canuck - so in your opinion it is good value for the money? Sun is shining in Hua Hin today and the surrounding pineapple fields look very tempting!

i dont blame u mate :rolleyes:

if the kawasaki was so great id probably have bought one already ,its just that theres virtually ZERO competition in the thai

marketplace to consider anything else

you can buy a cbr or a ninja 250 and you kinda know ur getting a "half" decent bike (apart from a few stories about half assed drunken mechanics fcking up things as complicated as an oil change :whistling: )

but these chinese bikes seem too good to be true

check this :

http://www.motorcycle.in.th/article.php/Lifan-LF200GY-5_The-Budget-Enduro-Bike

45,000 thb for a 200cc enduro ,like <deleted> ,why isnt every somchai and teenage punk driving one ?

if the kawasaki was so great id probably have bought one already ,its just that theres virtually ZERO competition in the thai

you can buy a cbr or a ninja 250 and you kinda know ur getting a "half" decent bike (apart from a few stories about half assed drunken mechanics fcking up things as complicated as an oil change :whistling: )

check this :

http://www.motorcycl...get-Enduro-Bike

45,000 thb for a 200cc enduro ,like <deleted> ,why isnt every somchai and teenage punk driving one ?

Got a Ninja 250 just need something more suitable for rough roads and local trails - In response to your 'why isnt every somchai and teenage punk driving one ?

Simple they'd rather have a shiny moped called Scoopy or Fino! Not enough status attached to new models - buying a Lifan of any description would probably result in loss of face to the locals

check this :

http://www.motorcycle.in.th/article.php/Lifan-LF200GY-5_The-Budget-Enduro-Bike

I just read that article, and I think it is correct in many places, but then they said the engine was quiet, even hard to hear. That is BS, the bike is louder than you average bike and when I kick mine over everyone looks because it sounds like a big bike.

So I do wonder about the accuracy of that report.

Thanks for that Canuck - so in your opinion it is good value for the money? Sun is shining in Hua Hin today and the surrounding pineapple fields look very tempting!

In my opinion yes it is good value, considering the price of bikes in it's category.

I would buy one again if I somehow lost the one I have.

Go ahead and buy one, but expect there will be a few things to fix, now and then.

In my opinion yes it is good value, considering the price of bikes in it's category.

I would buy one again if I somehow lost the one I have.

Go ahead and buy one, but expect there will be a few things to fix, now and then.

Thanks mate

check this :

I just read that article, and I think it is correct in many places, but then they said the engine was quiet, even hard to hear. That is BS, the bike is louder than you average bike and when I kick mine over everyone looks because it sounds like a big bike.

it says in the review it has a push button start but that wouldnt be a deal breaker for me personally if i could only kick start it

,how slow is it compared to the likes of a honda sonic 125cc or cbr 150 or suzuki raider 150cc etc ?

would it be able to keep up with the above bikes without vibrations tearing the thing apart ?

at that kind of money id buy one just as a weekend toy if i thought it was remotely reliable or well put together

another thing comes to mind , can it pass the new emission standards and get a green book or is it strictly for recreational use only and not to be driven on roads ?

the picture has indicators and number plate bracket but if the exhaust is too smoky it wont pass anyway

also ,where did you buy it / view it ?

check this :

it says in the review it has a push button start but that wouldnt be a deal breaker for me personally if i could only kick start it

,how slow is it compared to the likes of a honda sonic 125cc or cbr 150 or suzuki raider 150cc etc ?

would it be able to keep up with the above bikes without vibrations tearing the thing apart ?

at that kind of money id buy one just as a weekend toy if i thought it was remotely reliable or well put together

another thing comes to mind , can it pass the new emission standards and get a green book or is it strictly for recreational use only and not to be driven on roads ?

the picture has indicators and number plate bracket but if the exhaust is too smoky it wont pass anyway

also ,where did you buy it / view it ?

In Hua Hin - in response to your 'will it keep up with .............' that is not the reason I'm or I suspect anyone else would buy one, if speed is your reason for having a bike you need to buy a CBR, Ninja etc. I'm buying it because there is an ample amount off road tracks in my area to use it - you simply cannot compare it like for like with a CBR etc - You could compare it in terms of functionality with the KLX etc if you wish.

it is sold at 48,500 baht and comes with a full registration (incl Green Book + plate) a two year warranty and 12 month insurance.

im not interested in road racing it ,more interested in what kind of power the lifan 200 puts to the ground etc

i would sometimes need to drive it on public roads and it is advertised with enduro tyres so thats why i asked about the speed of it

relative to other bikes i know quite well

i will have a spin round bkk today and see if i can see one anywhere in a dealer

Is there only one Lifan EF200 owner on this forum or only one that is willing to admit to it? Thai syndrome? loss of face? Rather admit to being a Pink Fino owner?

Now there are two, me and Canuckamuck - Perhaps a self help group is needed

'My name's Richie and I own a Lifan EF200'

im not interested in road racing it ,more interested in what kind of power the lifan 200 puts to the ground etc

i would sometimes need to drive it on public roads and it is advertised with enduro tyres so thats why i asked about the speed of it

relative to other bikes i know quite well

i will have a spin round bkk today and see if i can see one anywhere in a dealer

Lifan LF 200 gy-5a is not for speed. It is light trial bike, I will follow a cbr 150 wherever they go, but I am a bit slow, but a cbr 150 cannot smell my smoke when I am in a jungle trial.