E-Cigarettes

thairet

Hello,

Has anyone been to UK recently and do you know the laws on inhaling e-cigarette vapour in pubs. It is not smoking, there is no combustion of tobacco and hence no "passive" smoking of combustion products. Is it at the pub manager's discretion?

They are still banned by most airlines which I find odd. Nicorette inhalers which look like small cigarette holders are allowed.

Thairet

<deleted> is an E-cigarette ? :unsure:

It is a smokeless electronic tube (looks like a cigarette) with a rechargable battery. A nicotine capsule is placed inside and a small heater vaporizes the nicotine. You suck it into your lungs like a regular ciggy. There is water vapour produced which is why I think airlines ban it because it looks like smoke (just like the planes internal AC emissions you may see occasionally before / on take-off) and they can't be bothered to inform non-smokers who may complain or inform people like you who don't know <deleted> an E-cigarette is, although they have been on the market for at least 3 years.

Thairet :jap:

As they are all the rage, for those seeking to kick the addiction, I'd be curious if any of the members have had success with the E-cigs as a substitute - or if there are any such statistics solidifying their claims?

As they are all the rage, for those seeking to kick the addiction, I'd be curious if any of the members have had success with the E-cigs as a substitute - or if there are any such statistics solidifying their claims?

I've used them for a 1 year and 10 months and haven't had a tobacco cigarette in that time. I was a pack and a half a day smoker for 30 years. Now if I could just quit the e- cigsrolleyes.gif

Cannot find stats, but was a 2 pack per day fool for 50 years. Using the e-cigs I am down to 5 sticks per day. On an economic note, in a highly cig tax country like UK, the initial kit is only about 10 X 20 cig pack and replacement cartridges must be purchased. I would estimate I spend at least 80% less (even on my 5 real ones tuk wan).

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

I am having success using Smoke assist, a type of e- cigarette, but in combination with taking Champix. 40+ years smoking and smoke free for about 6 weeks now... Of course 6 weeks is nothing they say... ha ha 'they' who never tried to quit...

I feel pretty good about this and believe I will kick the habit.

Edited by garvin123g

<deleted> is an E-cigarette ? :unsure:

It is a smokeless electronic tube (looks like a cigarette) with a rechargable battery. A nicotine capsule is placed inside and a small heater vaporizes the nicotine. You suck it into your lungs like a regular ciggy. There is water vapour produced which is why I think airlines ban it because it looks like smoke (just like the planes internal AC emissions you may see occasionally before / on take-off) and they can't be bothered to inform non-smokers who may complain or inform people like you who don't know <deleted> an E-cigarette is, although they have been on the market for at least 3 years.

Thairet :jap:

http://www.driffield...g_ban_1_3797025