What'S The Weather Like In Ne Thailand?

djayz

Hi! I want to travel up to either Nong Khai or Chiang Mai this weekend but I've been told it's flooded. Is that right? What's the weather like in either of these provinces?

I don't want to travel all that way and spend a weekend locked up my room.

Thanks in advance.

Pretty hit and miss this time of year, the weather can alter dramatically just by travelling 1 kilometer. Boiling hot in one place, drive 1 kilometer and your in a thunderstorm and *issing down but nothing too bad to get you stranded. (North Central/East)

Edited by CharlieH

Nong Khai and Chiang Mai are not anywhere close to each other.

In the far north like Chiang Mai and Chiang Rai, rain on and off again. No major floods.

Monsoon season should be over this month. It has been cooler than normal. Hi's about 28-32 and Lows in the lower to mid 20's.

Nong Khai and Chiang Mai are not anywhere close to each other.

In the far north like Chiang Mai and Chiang Rai, rain on and off again. No major floods.

Monsoon season should be over this month. It has been cooler than normal. Hi's about 28-32 and Lows in the lower to mid 20's.

C.M . not flooded ?Big floods . Every river is breaking its banks.Rain will not finish until ,at least Oct or Nov. This year ,it appears we have a La Nina event. It is possible that rain may be falling in Dec. Even Jan., in the North. We are having massive rains in Southern Isarn. We are not flooded, but our gardens are swimming pools. It is so wet. Even motor -bikes are getting bogged!!!!!

Afarang,

How is it i can ride a motorbike in and out of CM every day, not get wet and go shopping?

Calm down, yes some rivers are full and some small ones are breaking their banks, but the Ping river is OK today. Stop scaring people it's OK here, you don't need a rubber boat i promise you!

Afarang,

How is it i can ride a motorbike in and out of CM every day, not get wet and go shopping?

Calm down, yes some rivers are full and some small ones are breaking their banks, but the Ping river is OK today. Stop scaring people it's OK here, you don't need a rubber boat i promise you!

Perhaps he's just envious. For we haven't had any such real high water [except in the north province near the Mun] in Surin for a couple years.

Afarang,

May I be be permitted to ask ,how many people have lost their lives ,in the North?

Perhaps he's just envious. For we haven't had any such real high water [except in the north province near the Mun] in Surin for a couple years.

No, you do need rubbers, but not for the Ping,maybe for other social activities . It is flooding.I am not scaring people .Go check the Thai Meteorological website.Also check the Chiang Mai and Chiang Rai websites on Thai Visa. Look for Floods

Edited by afarang

OK - Direct from Nong Khai: intermittent light to moderate rain, usually late evening, coolish days, no flooding since June.

The past few days have been perfect: big white clouds in the afternoon, sunny, but not too hot.

Come on up.