What A Lousy Year In Chiang Mai

Ulysses G.

Yup, good year, so far. Last year, YTD electric expenses $1230 this year it's $1030. Sorry -- our Quicken is set up to do reporting in USD.

dam_n girl..! Spend some more juice will ya.. Or else the guys writing about increasing living expenses will get their diapers all in a twist. And we don't want that.. it's messy. ;)

Yeah, the decline in electric expenses is a nice bonus this year. Unfortunately, it's more than eaten up by the increase in costs for food -- groceries, dining out, beer, etc. Those costs are up by nearly 20% on a YTD comparison. Now that's something to moan about -- not the weather. The weather is the good news. Don't get me started on rising costs for food.

Edited by NancyL

Ha, the skill is not in whining about rising costs for something, the trick is to make Thailand somehow responsible for it!

Anyone can just say 'pork prices are going higher and higher'. The hard part is blaming Thais and other people of the world for wanting to eat more pigs, so they're at fault for you having to pay more! If you're then also able to convert to British Pounds or some other foreign currency that's in the toilet to make it look even worse, and blame Thailand for the value of the GBP then that, is a Major League Thaivisa Whine with a cherry on top! ;)

<br />
<br />...and this year Leo beer started giving people headaches.<br />
<br /><br />That's not just me???<br /><br />And the roads are cleaner and grippyer making driving and riding safer.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

There's a few of us in pain. Only takes 2 for me to start feeling some head squeeze..

I can drink Heineken all night and wake up feeling alright. I figure if im going to spend 1000 baht drinking, might as well spend 1200 baht and not suffer instead.

I have also been getting headaches from my beloved Leo. Have made the switch to Singha.

<br />
<br />...and this year Leo beer started giving people headaches.<br />
<br /><br />That's not just me???<br /><br />And the roads are cleaner and grippyer making driving and riding safer.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

There's a few of us in pain. Only takes 2 for me to start feeling some head squeeze..

I can drink Heineken all night and wake up feeling alright. I figure if im going to spend 1000 baht drinking, might as well spend 1200 baht and not suffer instead.

I have also been getting headaches from my beloved Leo. Have made the switch to Singha.

Perhaps, it's a little Formaldehyde like I heard was in Beer Chang that causes headaches?

• 3 weeks later...