Working Full Time In Thailand.

I am planning on doing a double major with asian studies and economics in college. Then i plan on going to law school after that. After school i want to move to thailand and do work either at a law firm in thailand or do work for an american company in thailand. I speak english ( obiviously ) and am nearly fluent in thai. Would i beable to earn enough money to live comfortably? and is my decision a good one?

You need to go to Thailand , see what it's like , talk to some Frangs in that line of work , get a feel for the place , then go home , toss a two headed coin, then think.There probably will be at least two coups before you finish your education, keep that in mind.:rolleyes:

It sounds like youre a half Thai so working here with those qualifications shouldnt be a problem but the pay is much lower than what you would expect in the west. If youre a farang then forget it. Youre much better off in the west with academic qualifications.

Edited by jalansanitwong

Go to law school, then join a global legal company in your home country THEN try to get a transfer to work in their Thailand office. That's the best way as you will get a full expat package- the problem is it can take several years....

You need to go to Thailand , see what it's like , talk to some Frangs in that line of work , get a feel for the place , then go home , toss a two headed coin, then think.There probably will be at least two coups before you finish your education, keep that in mind.:rolleyes:

I forgot to mention that i lived there for a year 2009-2010 as an exchange student

It sounds like youre a half Thai so working here with those qualifications shouldnt be a problem but the pay is much lower than what you would expect in the west. If youre a farang then forget it. Youre much better off in the west with academic qualifications.

Im 100% american no asian or thai in me. I forgot to mention that i lived there for a year 2009-2010 as an exchange student