Where Can I Find

svenivan

one of the kiosk in downstairs area of Big C used to have WD 40....not sure if still does but maybe. Wasn't cheap though. I use the Thai generic version that comes in orange can and is semi same same.

+1 used the Orange canned penetrent oil myself. Have a couple of them around the house and garage. Still a fan of WD40 but Thai Orange does the job :)

one of the kiosk in downstairs area of Big C used to have WD 40....not sure if still does but maybe. Wasn't cheap though. I use the Thai generic version that comes in orange can and is semi same same.

Still there, it's the guy next to MK selling bits/bobs for cars and 200baht for a large can if I remember correctly.

Still there, it's the guy next to MK selling bits/bobs for cars and 200baht for a large can if I remember correctly.

Thanks !

:D :D :D

Thanks !

:D :D :D

And...worthless trivia of the day: Do you know where the name WD 40 came from?

It means "water displacement" and it was the fortieth formula the scientists tried before they hit upon the current formula.

Going in to town today I stopped at Big C for some shopping and then to the little kiosk for WD-40. He wanted 290 baht for it and I said no! I give you 250 baht! No, no.

So I left and went to Mr Machine Guy (Map here search "Shopping Mr Machine Guy") and he is selling same WD-40 for 150 baht!

Another proof the Mr Machine Guy have good prices. Being there I asked for a new Whippet Snipper, Honda 4-stroke. 8000 baht ! So what do you recomend I asked? This 2-stroke made in Thailand for 3500 baht. I have sold 600 this year and no problems. Copy of Robin and the spareparts from Robin fits!

So I bought one plus 2 bottles of WD-40 and paid 3800 baht!

No more shopping this month!

:):D;)

Edit: Yes, the 2-stroke is much louder but stronger!

Edited by svenivan

As an aside, the best penetrating oil money can buy is brake fluid, just be careful around auto paint, will also strip that right off. WD has the benefit of being able to spray into tight places but if I can get brake fluid on it, I use it.

No way in the world is it the best plus the major downside is its reactive nature to other materials it comes in contact with.

Mouse Milk (http://www.mousemilk.com/) is the best penetrating oil on the planet bar none. I use this on Gas Turbine engines to free up heat seized screws, clinch nuts etc. It is second to none in its capillary / wicking / creep action. Expensive, but well worth it and it will go a long way if stored and used properly. I normally use a syringe (at times with a needle) to apply to components on turbine fasteners. You don't need to use a lot of it for it to be effective.

nuproduct.jpg

Going in to town today I stopped at Big C for some shopping and then to the little kiosk for WD-40. He wanted 290 baht for it and I said no! I give you 250 baht! No, no.

So I left and went to Mr Machine Guy (Map here search "Shopping Mr Machine Guy") and he is selling same WD-40 for 150 baht!

Another proof the Mr Machine Guy have good prices. Being there I asked for a new Whippet Snipper, Honda 4-stroke. 8000 baht ! So what do you recomend I asked? This 2-stroke made in Thailand for 3500 baht. I have sold 600 this year and no problems. Copy of Robin and the spareparts from Robin fits!

So I bought one plus 2 bottles of WD-40 and paid 3800 baht!

No more shopping this month!

:):D;)

Edit: Yes, the 2-stroke is much louder but stronger!

Is a whippet snipper a weed whacker? If so do you think the 3500 baht thai one is just fine for occcasional use? Does it have a steel blade or strings or do you get to choose? thanks for info/advice....i won't use one enough to justify 8000 baht but 3500 sounds about right....

Is a whippet snipper a weed whacker? If so do you think the 3500 baht thai one is just fine for occcasional use? Does it have a steel blade or strings or do you get to choose? thanks for info/advice....i won't use one enough to justify 8000 baht but 3500 sounds about right....

Yes, a weed whacker, whippet snipper, the one you see thais using everywhere to cut grass. The one I bought has a steel blade, maybe the blade is not the absolute best quality but Mr Machine Guy has very good German blades that are great.

Before you start first time, check screws and bolts first, some of them were a little loose on my machine but if you tell MMG he will check that for you. He is very serviceminded. I was back with a waterpump that stopped working after 3 years. His guys fixed it within 10 minutes and I only had to pay for the parts.

:D:)B)

Yes, a weed whacker, whippet snipper, the one you see thais using everywhere to cut grass. The one I bought has a steel blade, maybe the blade is not the absolute best quality but Mr Machine Guy has very good German blades that are great.

Before you start first time, check screws and bolts first, some of them were a little loose on my machine but if you tell MMG he will check that for you. He is very serviceminded. I was back with a waterpump that stopped working after 3 years. His guys fixed it within 10 minutes and I only had to pay for the parts.

:D:)B)

thank you...that sounds like what i need. I used to have a whacker (well i still do have a whacker but that is a different story) back in usa but it used strings and i hated fooling with those strings as seems they didn't last long at all....i sorta like the steel blade concept. I have a little repair shop near my house that will sharpen up anything i take them for a few baht so not too worried about blade quality.