Best Area To Live

Checker

Kamala is moslem and they are very nice over here. When one says Moslem one usually thinks Arabs and the Thai Moslems are not like tat at all. The ones i have meet over the past 16 years here are very kind and nice and as i said before they are the ones that have lived in phuket before the boom of essan people.

My TH GF sister and her TH husband lives in Kamala. They are part of the boom from Isarn, educated engineers working in the construction business. Their 7 year old daughter is in public school in Kamala. She is basicly not allowed to be Buddhist in school, and the Muslim prescence is very noticable where they live, which in no way is a farang area

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kamala is moslem and they are very nice over here. When one says Moslem one usually thinks Arabs and the Thai Moslems are not like tat at all. The ones i have meet over the past 16 years here are very kind and nice and as i said before they are the ones that have lived in phuket before the boom of essan people.

My TH GF sister and her TH husband lives in Kamala. They are part of the boom from Isarn, educated engineers working in the construction business. Their 7 year old daughter is in public school in Kamala. She is basicly not allowed to be Buddhist in school, and the Muslim prescence is very noticable where they live, which in no way is a farang area

Kamala is so small an there is no Farang area and they are scattered through out the village, so now idea where they could be living. There are more than 1 mosque and yes the public schools lean towards the Moslems but we also have Buddhists Wats here and there is NO discord between the Moslems and Buddhists.

She is basicly not allowed to be Buddhist in school
, what does that mean? MY daughter went to school here for her first 2 years and had no problem with being a Buddhists as her mom.

So they are working with the Burmese than as those are all the people involved in the construction industry here?

Edited by phuketrichard

I have never had a problem with Muslims in Thailand, i have always found them friendly and

helpful the same as most Thai people

The majority of Muslims by far hate terrorists as much as we all do and are no different from

anyone else, religious beliefs do not make people different, its narrow minded people who cause the problems

Is it true what they say that you get used to that 5 am wake up call?

We cannot hear it where we live if there is a breeze blowing, if not it is not loud

enough to wake you up, howling dogs are a different matter

Much better than living in a area where the traffic noise does not stop until 2AM in the morning

Kamala is so small an there is no Farang area and they are scattered through out the village, so now idea where they could be living. There are more than 1 mosque and yes the public schools lean towards the Moslems but we also have Buddhists Wats here and there is NO discord between the Moslems and Buddhists.

She is basicly not allowed to be Buddhist in school
, what does that mean? MY daughter went to school here for her first 2 years and had no problem with being a Buddhists as her mom.

So they are working with the Burmese than as those are all the people involved in the construction industry here?

yes, none of the Kamala locals want to work in constuction for 4-500 baht a day

That is way above normal payment for construction, let alone the Burmese, who make less than half of that per day.

agree; 7/11 pays 6-9,000/month as does Lotus for a 60 hour work week

"none of the Kamala locals want to work" this is the correct part of your statement ( but of course applies to most Phuket locals.

Burmese workers earn about 6,000/month unskilled up to 9,000 skilled which includes housing, (If u call living in those metal structures housing)

That is way above normal payment for construction, let alone the Burmese, who make less than half of that per day.

IN Rawai on a building sight near where we live adult males are paid 190 baht for a 8 hour day

Females and Junior employees are paid 170 baht for a 8 hour day

They work a 6 day week before overtime which they get on a regular basis

This is the wage which Burmese and other foreign workers are paid

It works out to 4560 baht for males and 4080 baht for females without overtime

Its a lot more than they could earn in there home country, thats why they work here

legal minimum salary is 221 baht day. In a Burmese team there are a few paid this little, as they have no skills or are lazy. Skilled workers make much more, and many employers prefere Burmese as they are more dedicated

My ex TH wife employed approx 40 Burmese in 2006-2008, and even at that time qualified workers had 3-500 baht/day. Her starting salary was 200 baht for unqualified women. Quality does not come for free

ad OT from 1800-2100 which pays a full day salary, and you have a bunch of Burmese making more than 15k a month

The main reason for local Kamala residents to not wanting to work in the local construction industry may be their unability to be bossed around by foremen/engineers from Isarn.

what is your present experience in the construction industry?

agree; 7/11 pays 6-9,000/month as does Lotus for a 60 hour work week

"none of the Kamala locals want to work" this is the correct part of your statement ( but of course applies to most Phuket locals.

Burmese workers earn about 6,000/month unskilled up to 9,000 skilled which includes housing, (If u call living in those metal structures housing)

a private company doing cleaning and security in Phuket hospital offers 11-13k baht/month. Posters all over the island, 2 friends of my GF already hired

legal minimum salary is 221 baht day. In a Burmese team there are a few paid this little, as they have no skills or are lazy. Skilled workers make much more, and many employers prefere Burmese as they are more dedicated

My ex TH wife employed approx 40 Burmese in 2006-2008, and even at that time qualified workers had 3-500 baht/day. Her starting salary was 200 baht for unqualified women. Quality does not come for free

ad OT from 1800-2100 which pays a full day salary, and you have a bunch of Burmese making more than 15k a month

The main reason for local Kamala residents to not wanting to work in the local construction industry may be their unability to be bossed around by foremen/engineers from Isarn.

what is your present experience in the construction industry?

My wife's brother is working in construction, skilled labourer, so after reading this I know he should change employer. However I know that is not going to work, because the amounts you mention simply are not paid here on the island. Or they say they will pay but when push comes to shove they won't.

IN Rawai on a building sight near where we live adult males are paid 190 baht for a 8 hour day

Its a lot more than they could earn in there home country, thats why they work here

these payments are offered, and they take them for a few weeks, then the qualified ones with their team (wifes/relatives) are picked up by better employers to do higher quality work at better salaries

these payments are offered, and they take them for a few weeks, then the qualified ones with their team (wifes/relatives) are picked up by better employers to do higher quality work at better salaries

Yes, big companies offer these sort of lower rates, but workers soon find a 'private' employer that pays much more. 6 years ago we were paying 200 baht for the ladies and 330 baht for skilled men. Sure this is a shorter term deal, and these rates include free accommodation, electric, and water. Paid every 2 weeks.

Yes, big companies offer these sort of lower rates, but workers soon find a 'private' employer that pays much more. 6 years ago we were paying 200 baht for the ladies and 330 baht for skilled men. Sure this is a shorter term deal, and these rates include free accommodation, electric, and water. Paid every 2 weeks.

I too pay a lot more than what Peter has quoted & higher (for the men) than what PTP had in their election promise plus room & board. They come to us because they get lower wages or not paid at all from previous employers but they leave for spurious reasons. The other day one left as he wanted to do contracting even he had been ripped off doing this previously. Another left for a lower paying job because he did not have any friends in our camp after having a fight with another & of course they always leave without notice directly after getting paid.

How can they be qualified if they spend a few weeks on a job doing everything from roofing to cement rendering

How can they be qualified if they spend a few weeks on a job doing everything from roofing to cement rendering

They have years of experience brick laying, plastering, laying tiles, plumbing. roofing. That makes them 'qualified'. Most of them spend a few years on each building project. If you only want building staff for a couple of weeks then you can expect those that cannot get a job elsewhere = the least qualified.

They have years of experience brick laying, plastering, laying tiles, plumbing. roofing. That makes them 'qualified'. Most of them spend a few years on each building project. If you only want building staff for a couple of weeks then you can expect those that cannot get a job elsewhere = the least qualified.

Not on the site i have been watching, there are a few people who seem to know what they are doing

The others are learners,They cannot even build the cement block walls straight

I have noticed the crew changes regularly except for 4 people

Not on the site i have been watching, there are a few people who seem to know what they are doing

The others are learners,They cannot even build the cement block walls straight

I have noticed the crew changes regularly except for 4 people

I have learned 30-50% can do a good job if they are paid properly, free drinking water and rice :)

the rest can shuffle sand, move bricks and mix cement, and do it more efficient paid properly and free drinking water and rice. I loaded 800Kg/month of rice in my Vigo to give to the workers. Bonus 2 days after pay day

OP sorry, we are way off topic, back to topic please