Best And Worse.

wandrinstar

You must be about my age.I remember the Pilot. We had a Lanchester about that time, and a Jowitt Javalin after that..:o .

1/. Pilot wouldn't pull a sick maggot off a greasy chop and was a very poor relation to the US Ford V8's of the day.

2/. A very good thing Lanchester went broke because they were and are horrible.

3/. Jowett Javelin's were very quirky.

All fantastic contenders for 'worst cars'.

rolleyes.gif

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Worst I ever owned must have been this one P000Fade.jpg1979 Ferrari 512 BB bought in 1981 from a genuine dealership with 20K on the clock.Thought I had a deal as it was one of the last with carburator.If you drove it for about 10 Km the rearside would be black,from the oil coming out of the exhaust.Extremely fast,for that time,but actually an expensive Fiat in my opinion.

Was happy the dealer took it back after a month for the price paid.

Worst I ever owned must have been this one P000Fade.jpg1979 Ferrari 512 BB bought in 1981 from a genuine dealership with 20K on the clock.Thought I had a deal as it was one of the last with carburator.If you drove it for about 10 Km the rearside would be black,from the oil coming out of the exhaust.Extremely fast,for that time,but actually an expensive Fiat in my opinion.

And the best you had?

You must be about my age.I remember the Pilot. We had a Lanchester about that time, and a Jowitt Javalin after that..:o .

A Lanchester? You must have been living in one heck of a tough neighborhood :rolleyes:

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=E7-kd1ak8yg

Lanchester posh motors, I remember the Sprite.

I don't know about starwanders neighbourhood but I was brought up next to a smelly council estate, taught me how to fight though.:D

Edited by Kwasaki

And the best you had?

Difficult to say as i've never have had major issues with cars,other then the 512,and I changed a lot but maybe this one 0512_sccp_01_z%252B2002_mazda_miata%252Bleft_view.jpg .The car pictured isn't mine as mine was white,but looks similar including the roof cover and spoiler which were custom made at that time as I owned one of the first when they were released in Europe around 1990.Sticked to the road like a gocart and very fast as it weighed nothing,still I was able to crash it.