Desert Island Discs What One One Would You Take ?

DEVATSAR

What ONE record/song woulld you take if you able to ( you would have access to a machine to play !!)

Bet ALL the oldies past 50 go for romance etc

Mine would be "look on the bright side of life" remember that one !!

The younger members will probaly not remember DID

Then, one would have to speculate on long-term survival stranded on the proverbial desert isle.

How about an alternative venue? A lush tropical island where natural food might be abundant.

....and after some time, the one chosen song [favourite or not] listened to over and again would become wearing on one's soul.

Gorecki - Symphony No 3 'Symphony of Sorrowful Songs'

Beautiful music that i have yet to tire of. Even my favourite other music ,if it was the only thing i had to listen to, would soon end up being as painful to listen to as a Billy Joel track on non-stop play.

Gorecki - Symphony No 3 'Symphony of Sorrowful Songs'

Beautiful music that i have yet to tire of. Even my favourite other music ,if it was the only thing i had to listen to, would soon end up being as painful to listen to as a Billy Joel track on non-stop play.

Gorecki -Symphony No 3 would be my choice also, for exactly the same reasons. This music transports me further away from the reality of the moment than anything else i've ever heard and for that reason ,in this hypothetical situation, it would sustain me longer than some of my other gut reaction choices .

Sex Pistols. Anarchy in the UK.

....or Iggy Pop. The Passenger.

My Anarchy in the UK 45' has No Fun an Iggy cover on the B' side . Brill record and one of my favs too .

I got another pressing with I Wanna Be Me on B' side .

Calling old punks -calling old punks

'A' side: 'Worried Dream' by Peter Green's Fleetwood Mac, preferably live version.

On the 'B' side: 'Worried Dream' by Peter Green's Fleetwood Mac, preferably live version (in case the 'A' side wore out).

Edited by Card

"Bet ALL the oldies past 50 go for romance etc"

To DEVATSAR: I'm one of those "oldies". My romance song would be "Sunshine of Your Love" by Cream.

BTW: On this hypothetical desert island, do I have solar power or am I limited by the life of the batteries in my mp3 player?:blink:

To DEVATSAR: I'm one of those "oldies". My romance song would be "Sunshine of Your Love" by Cream.

BTW: On this hypothetical desert island, do I have solar power or am I limited by the life of the batteries in my mp3 player?:blink:

i would reckon reality is not a limiting factor. you would still have to play a record somehow too, unless of course you had the professor from gilligans island with you.

I would find a way to sneak a loaded ipod with me.

i would reckon reality is not a limiting factor. you would still have to play a record somehow too, unless of course you had the professor from gilligans island with you.

I would find a way to sneak a loaded ipod with me.

Reality?:blink:

Then, one would have to speculate on long-term survival stranded on the proverbial desert isle.

How about an alternative venue? A lush tropical island where natural food might be abundant.

....and after some time, the one chosen song [favourite or not] listened to over and again would become wearing on one's soul.

I think desert islands are normally deserted, rather than strictly speaking desert. THough even then, I think they are mostly as virgin as TV brides, rather than abandoned.

Were I to relocate to such a place, I would have to take

The Mystery of Ragoula, by Darts

http://new.uk.music....oula--186929344

"I knew at once I'd found my paradise

The Island of Ragoula"

Its all a bit Gaugin, isn't it?

SC

EDIT: Or, if we're talking deserts, then Squeeze: take Me I'm Yours would win out over Night Boat to Cairo (Madness), though if its urban deserts, Croydon, by Captain Sensible, bought with Jimi Hendrix' Strat, if memory serves me correctly.

Talking of Urban Desert Islands, my nomination would be the Isle of Dogs. I'd want more than one 7" single if I was stranded there for any length of time...

SC

Edited by StreetCowboy