Body Of Murdered Foreign National Found In Chao Phraya River

webfact

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is an article in ThaiRath; my translator is out right now, and please don't rely on Google Translate; thought it may provide more accurate information if someone is able to translate properly.

RIP.

Thairath reports that she had blond hair and body hair and they think she's a foreigner.

Also had a tattoo of a dragon under her right shoulder blade.

If immigration purchased face recognition technology (assuming they don't have it already), the uproar on TV would be deafening:

1. Big brother watching;

2. Don't they have anything better to spend money on, like fixing broken sidewalks?

3. Fat cats aren't really interested in the technology, they just want to buy something so they can skim off their commissions

You can't win on TV.

PISCES ( personal identification secure comparison evaluation system ), installed several years ago, that's why they take a mugshot at airports and B.C s now.

Edited by chinook

Blond haired, blue eyed THAI??

<_<

Some mixed Thais look like Westerners and have fair hair. Some Asians/Thais are albino. Some Thais bleach their hair and wear contact lenses to make their eyes appear blue. Corpses who have been in the water for a while get bloated and have fewer distinguishing features. There may also be other types of decay making it more difficult to identify these things at the outset

My condolences to family members and friends.

RIP young lady! At least now you have been found.

Police would also contact some foreign embassies, to confirm or otherwise the nationality of the woman.

A very sad and tragic death. Rest in peace. Too young to die and there's no reason to kill somebody. Let's hope they'll find your family and friends soon....:jap:

Sirchai.

Thailand just isn't the eutopia it used to be. The picture place vacation spot. The smiling always happy people. It's definitely has its sour spots like every other country. I have been living here for about 8 months now, and numerous occasions I have felt fear from being harrassed because I am a foreigner. It's usually from the younger generation (my generation) that do the harrassing. Where is the Buddhist faith going? It's sad.

RIP lady. I hope the family is notified. How terrible

Geez! I wonder if they will say she was trying to steal hotel towels! huh.gif

A very young woman in the prime of her life has been murdered in the most brutal way imaginable. Wrists and ankles bound with cable and packed in a fertiliser bag with stones and thrown into the river. Please be considerate.

Remember the 3 golden rules:

1. It was like that when I got here.

2. I didn't do it.

3. (To your Boss) I like your style.

David Brent

how stupid perfect for you sir.

you are correct, the embassies wont be able to help

now if thailand actually had a proper ploice force, it wouldnt be that difficult to identify her.... IE using Face Regonistion software against the deceased and from the database of pictures tken from arrivals into Thailand

RIP

Edited by metisdead
Font and color reset to normal.

"....the police believe is a murder case"

To be fair to the Police can't say they know its a murder case because they don't know for sure. The same language would be used by most forces throughout the world.

RIP and lets hope for her families sake the case is resolved quickly.

hm, let's see. her hands and legs were tied with cables. she had bruises. there were stones in the car cover to keep her from floating up. do u think she did this to herself? if she had died of natural causes they would've called the police and not dumped her in the river.

R.I.P.

How many times? - not a foreign national; a Thai.

No point contacting foreign embassies then.

^off topic of thread, but David Brent in The Office was rather unoriginal

That quote a steal from Homer Simpson, Simpsons season 2, epsiode 11, 24 January 1991

The three little sentences that will get you through life:

• Number 1: Cover for me.
  • Number 2: Oh, good idea, Boss!
  • Number 3: It was like that when I got here.

Thailand just isn't the eutopia it used to be. The picture place vacation spot. The smiling always happy people. It's definitely has its sour spots like every other country. I have been living here for about 8 months now, and numerous occasions I have felt fear from being harrassed because I am a foreigner. It's usually from the younger generation (my generation) that do the harrassing. Where is the Buddhist faith going? It's sad.

I'm curious as to where you live / hang out. I've been here for years and never ever been harassed.

I'm curious as to where you live / hang out. I've been here for years and never ever been harassed.

I as well. Never in the years I've lived here have I been threatened harassed or felt fear. Possibly I'm just a lucky person? Can't be because I don't believe in good or bad luck.

RIP whoever you are. We hardly knew yeajap.gif

46 posts now on this topic. Unfortunate girl, apparently murdered, and more than half of the posts are inane comments. Body just found and negative comments about the police, lack of technology to find identity, and it goes on and on. To those of you who actually have sympathy for what happened I sympathize with you. For those of you who can't resist negativity, you must have the most dull, negative lives I can imagine. You should get a life. I have no doubt that the police WILL investigate this and WILL most likely identify the girl. Hopefully they will identify the culprit. For all the corruption that does take place there are police investigators that do want to find the truth of what happened and the culprits who committed this apparent murder. Things are far from perfect in Thailand, however this type of crime takes place in most countries around the world. I hope TV follows up with more comprehensive reports as the investigation continues not just drops it because it is old news. Let's see what the investigation reveals BEFORE blasting the authorities and competence of the BIB.

Yeah bad stuff does happen in every country, but in Thailand I feel completely safe, although I don't live there (yet) I still get the vibe of the country :-)

First, RIP to the woman, and condolences to her family. Very sad and unfortunate for such a young like to end in such a way.

Yes. I am very surprised that the BIB have actually called it a murder. Normally when a foriegner is found deceased they try to come up with some cock & bull story other than murder. I guess the evidence in the case is just way too compelling.

Probably a non compliant russian girl who wouldn't do as she was told by the russian mafia infesting the prostitiution trade in Thailand

RIP if you are a victim I hope international media bring it to the worlds attention and the scum bags get caught.

well obviously its a Murder ..... I hope the police will investigate the whole stuff and not forget it like many other cases.

Poor girl , the heaven she thought to be on holidays turn to be hell . RIP

I would point out that it may not be a murder. It may be an accidental death that somebody wanted to cover up, for any number of possible reasons, too much paperwork to report, stygma of a death on their property, etc. Yes, I know that probably isn't the situation.

If immigration purchased face recognition technology (assuming they don't have it already), the uproar on TV would be deafening:

1. Big brother watching;

2. Don't they have anything better to spend money on, like fixing broken sidewalks?

3. Fat cats aren't really interested in the technology, they just want to buy something so they can skim off their commissions

You can't win on TV.

Awesome psychic abilities you have there. Lucky lotto numbers please and the date of Thaksins return.jap.gif

Thai national or ethnically Thai? There is a big difference. Let's remember that a farang woman who marries a Thai national can get Thai nationality herself. And there are those Thais who are born of Farang fathers who could have blond hair and blue eyes.

So being Thai, blond and blue eyed is a possibility.

RIP to her whoever she is or wherever she came from.

UPDATE

Body of Thai woman found in river

By The Nation

Pathum Thani police on Tuesday retrieved the body of a Thai woman from the Chao Phraya river in what they believe is a murder case.

Barge crew alerted police at about 8am that they had found a canvas car cover they suspected had a body inside floating in the river, which had become entangled with a barge.

When police opened the canvas, they found the bruised body of a woman with blond hair and blue eyes.

Inside the canvas cover, police found rocks packed inside a fertiliser sack, which were used, they believed, to sink the body and keep it on the river bed.

Her wrists and ankles had been tied with cable, police said, adding that the woman was about 20 to 25 years of age.

Police also found towels they suspected of belonging to a hotel in an upstream province, possibly Ayutthaya and Angthong.

They will use the towels to help them investigate the identity the victim.

Police would also contact some foreign embassies, to confirm or otherwise the nationality of the woman.

Police later confirmed she was a Thai.

http://www.nationmul...r-30165147.html

Wait a minute...............she's got blond hair and blue eyes and she's Thai ??

Edited by metisdead
Font color and size reset.

1. Big brother watching;

You can't win on TV.

Do you enjoy setting up 'straw men' and then knocking them down? What do you think you are proving? You're just being insulting to the members here,

Fortunately the body didn't sink to the bed as hoped by the perpetrator. I guess that the floods and rain have caused heavy currents and churned up the water. A body also naturally contains a fair amount of air and the bag may collect moreso if it's not tight and sealed.

Perhaps the eyes looked blue due to no oxygen? or did the writer just add that bit in to go with the blond (presumably bleached) hair?

She looks very tall in the photo of the body in the car cover

46 posts now on this topic. Unfortunate girl, apparently murdered, and more than half of the posts are inane comments. Body just found and negative comments about the police, lack of technology to find identity, and it goes on and on. To those of you who actually have sympathy for what happened I sympathize with you. For those of you who can't resist negativity, you must have the most dull, negative lives I can imagine. You should get a life. I have no doubt that the police WILL investigate this and WILL most likely identify the girl. Hopefully they will identify the culprit. For all the corruption that does take place there are police investigators that do want to find the truth of what happened and the culprits who committed this apparent murder. Things are far from perfect in Thailand, however this type of crime takes place in most countries around the world. I hope TV follows up with more comprehensive reports as the investigation continues not just drops it because it is old news. Let's see what the investigation reveals BEFORE blasting the authorities and competence of the BIB.

:clap2: and since your post it goes on & on & on & on & on etc. :coffee1:

jb1