New Government Makes It Harder For Farangs In Thailand

svenivan

well i wish the Thai authorities would learn to kick out all pathetic looser no money low life forang here I am waiting for day when they raise the visa requirements to 2 million in bank for retirement visa and in time maybe this place will eventually get rid of sex tourists and rest but I probably wait in vain. And the reason my wife gets a visa for anywhere is because she has in her own name many times more income and assets than those moaning about Thai government not helping them with their forang pensions. Even then then the frorang immigration visa lot due their best to make it difficult. She was even questioned for over 2 hours by german immigration who could not even speak english with all visas air tickets about 20,000 us$ in travellers cheques and rest. Try to take your prejudices elsewhere their are many thais with far more income and wealth than you have ever seen and have no interest whatever in staying other than for travel in west but Uk USA Europe immigration are bent on one model fits all.

is that any better or is just pathetic ok now

Take it easy and letitbe. If Thai Immigration starts checking all the loosers IQ you can be out of the country quicker than you can say "My wife is very rich!"!

:whistling::lol:;)

I reckon they should focus on people who can't spell "loser"

How much benefit do you think we would gain from kicking out all the sex tourists? Would it bring the short-time rates down significantly?

SC

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As the OP I want to tell everyone that might be interested that I found a very good solution.

I said in the OP that the amphur that stamped and signed the certificate last year had order from the Thai government not to do that anymore.

Today I took a chance and visited the Tourist Police here in Chiang Rai. They welcomed me with open arms, asked for a copy of my passport and a copy of my wifes ID and then stamped and signed my certificate within 10 minutes. Very nice staff!

So a happy end of this story!

Over and out!

:D :D :D

And they would be operated by the same "new government" that was trying to screw you over?

Sorry ,why do you need a certificate to prove that you are alive?I am on an old age pension, have never heard of such a document, if indeed that is what it is.I have to go to my Embassy ,to get Stat .Dec. certifying my monthly income,which I then present to Immigration, and then they issue me with a 1 year extension.I have to do this every year. There is NO document that can be issued by your Amphur, that is accepted by Immigration.That has been the law for many,many years. I repeat ,there is NO document issued by your Amphur ,that is acceptable to them. They need ,and will only accept a Stat ,Dec. , from your Embassy, certifying your monthly income,that is of a minimum of B 65,000 per month, or if you have B 800,000 lodged for a minimum of 3? months in a Thai bank account

Different governments have their own rules about pension payments. The OP didn't offer the info as to where he gets his money.

Oh, BTW, it's 2 months in the bank, not 3.

Different governments have their own rules about pension payments. The OP didn't offer the info as to where he gets his money.

It's 2 months only for the first application of permission to stay based on retirement. After that it is 3 months seasoning.

Sorry ,why do you need a certificate to prove that you are alive?I am on an old age pension, have never heard of such a document, if indeed that is what it is.I have to go to my Embassy ,to get Stat .Dec. certifying my monthly income,which I then present to Immigration, and then they issue me with a 1 year extension.I have to do this every year. There is NO document that can be issued by your Amphur, that is accepted by Immigration.That has been the law for many,many years. I repeat ,there is NO document issued by your Amphur ,that is acceptable to them. They need ,and will only accept a Stat ,Dec. , from your Embassy, certifying your monthly income,that is of a minimum of B 65,000 per month, or if you have B 800,000 lodged for a minimum of 3? months in a Thai bank account

Notice the question mark after the 3? in my post .I was not sure, so I qualified it .

Sorry ,why do you need a certificate to prove that you are alive?I am on an old age pension, have never heard of such a document,

Not everyone comes from Australia ..... thank God.

I come from Australia - thank God. Twice yearly pension increment in line with cost of living increases, nothing frozen because I live abroad. Add to that the value of of the Aussie dollar compared to the pound, thank God I'm not British!

Your ancestors were handpicked by British judges though :lol:

That's too much!!! :cheesy:

Take it easy and letitbe. If Thai Immigration starts checking all the loosers IQ you can be out of the country quicker than you can say "My wife is very rich!"!

How much benefit do you think we would gain from kicking out all the sex tourists? Would it bring the short-time rates down significantly?

SC

loose - not firmly or tightly fixed in place - careless and indiscreet - dated promiscuous immoral - on the loose having escaped from confinement.

loosers seems to fit the situation quite nicely! B)

Edited by BuckarooBanzai

The harder they make it the better. ;)

Keeps the numbers down. You think how many retards there are living in Thailand now, imagine multiplying it by 20.:o

Keep the land ownership and work permit laws as tight as poss. :thumbsup:

The harder they make it the better. ;)

Keeps the numbers down. You think how many retards there are living in Thailand now, imagine multiplying it by 20.:o

Keep the land ownership and work permit laws as tight as poss. :thumbsup:

Are there a lot of retarded people running around with enough money to buy land in Thailand?

Have a heart. Where are all the bankers who loaned money to Greece going to find work next year?

the uk government also send out letters, to confirm you are still alive for state pension, Certificate of existence

This is news to me, I have been a UK pensioner for many years and have never received such a letter. Depending upon how interconnected their government databases are they could work it out that I still exist, 3 yearly driving licence renewal, once yearly hospital check, annual entry and exit at Heathrow. But basically they rely on the payback clause in the pensions entitlement contract, unless you die a pauper most people with have some form of probate applied after they die and this will automatically alert the authorities.

is that any better or is just pathetic ok now [/color]

Not really, no.

Your punctuation is non-existent, grammar is shocking, considering your claimed experience I would expect you to be at least able to spell farang, or falang if you want to go native.

Self aggrandisement on an internet forum is often unwise and frequently looked on from others with jaundiced eyes.

Your knowledge of how to handle immigration is zero, pomposity is always the prime fail.

And you appear to be hell bent on trying to belittle people who don't have 'loadsa money' .... before even finding out if they have or not.

Reminds me of a song.

'Charmless Man' - Blur.

someone who recognises my talents at last biggrin.gif

SC

loose - not firmly or tightly fixed in place - careless and indiscreet - dated promiscuous immoral - on the loose having escaped from confinement.

loosers seems to fit the situation quite nicely! B)

I think you're thinking either of looseners or more likely, slackers.

Normally, one looses the lightning of one's terrible swift sword, or dogs. Even then, one might opt for early release, instead. Early, not premature. Premature release would be like shouting "Moosh!" begfore you grip the reins. 'Yip! Yip! from all the corners of the tundra....

SC

Fascinating- my post number 53 ,if I recall correctly, was in response to some turkey ,who made a comment about those "original " whitey- Australians, being "Guests" of His/Her majesty.Of the time. I replied ,well were they not the lucky ones?Not one reply was received to that post . Look where we OZZIES are today -ECONOMICALLY. And where are you "brits"You are up s%+)t creek. We ,whom you so disparage , are doing extremely well . Thank you very much.+ we we get 2 C.P.I. INCREASES in our pensions EVERY year , March and September. Sleep well ,you who your govt. has no taste for .You should have emigrated ,when you had than chance. And made every post a winning one

Fascinating- my post number 53 ,if I recall correctly, was in response to some turkey ,who made a comment about those "original " whitey- Australians, being "Guests" of His/Her majesty.Of the time. I replied ,well were they not the lucky ones?Not one reply was received to that post . Look where we OZZIES are today -ECONOMICALLY. And where are you "brits"You are up s%+)t creek. We ,whom you so disparage , are doing extremely well . Thank you very much.+ we we get 2 C.P.I. INCREASES in our pensions EVERY year , March and September. Sleep well ,you who your govt. has no taste for .You should have emigrated ,when you had than chance. And made every post a winning one

My God, racism, xenophobia, rampant paranoia and calling another board member a turkey.... in one post, must be a record.

Well done.

(I won't mention the incorrect punctuation, double words, and poor control of the space bar, that just upsets some people)

Edited by Thaddeus

---- What is a Stat .Dec. ? Should everyone be familiar with you abbreviations ? If that's what it is. ----

Notice the question mark after the 3? in my post .I was not sure, so I qualified it .

I also noticed that you were talking about something completely different to what the OP was asking!

This was nothing to do with the Thai immigration authorities or the rules/requirements for extension of stay in Thailand.

It was a requirement from the OP's home country, that he submit evidence that he was still alive, so that they would continue to pay him his pension.

:)

---- What is a Stat .Dec. ? Should everyone be familiar with you abbreviations ? If that's what it is. ----

Statutory Declaration, but he was so wildly off topic that if he was playing darts he would have hit the barmaid in the eye! "every post a winning one" :lol:

BTW why the huge red font? :)

Edited by bifftastic

Not really, no.

Your punctuation is non-existent, grammar is shocking, considering your claimed experience I would expect you to be at least able to spell farang, or falang if you want to go native.

Self aggrandisement on an internet forum is often unwise and frequently looked on from others with jaundiced eyes.

Your knowledge of how to handle immigration is zero, pomposity is always the prime fail.

And you appear to be hell bent on trying to belittle people who don't have 'loadsa money' .... before even finding out if they have or not.

Reminds me of a song.

'Charmless Man' - Blur.

someone who recognises my talents at last biggrin.gif

Still haven't gotten your millions out yet then? May I recommend you to HSBC? They will be able to transfer it all out in just one transaction.

Last year I had to prove income of 50k pcm or have 400k in the bank; I am married to a Thai. When was the increase announced?

well i wish the Thai authorities would learn to kick out all pathetic looser no money low life forang here I am waiting for day when they raise the visa requirements to 2 million in bank for retirement visa and in time maybe this place will eventually get rid of sex tourists and rest but I probably wait in vain. And the reason my wife gets a visa for anywhere is because she has in her own name many times more income and assets than those moaning about Thai government not helping them with their forang pensions. Even then then the frorang immigration visa lot due their best to make it difficult. She was even questioned for over 2 hours by german immigration who could not even speak english with all visas air tickets about 20,000 us$ in travellers cheques and rest. Try to take your prejudices elsewhere their are many thais with far more income and wealth than you have ever seen and have no interest whatever in staying other than for travel in west but Uk USA Europe immigration are bent on one model fits all.

is that any better or is just pathetic ok now

Take it easy and letitbe. If Thai Immigration starts checking all the losers IQ you can be out of the country quicker than you can say "My wife is very rich!"!

:cheesy:, Nice one.

Last year I had to prove income of 50k pcm or have 400k in the bank; I am married to a Thai. When was the increase announced?

That is correct for married to a Thai national, though I thought it was 40k pcm - the 400k is correct. The 800k is for retirement extensions.

Yes, I know that, been here on retirement visa for more than 9 years. But I am from Sweden and now when I got government pension they check every year that I am alive so they not pay out the pension to a dead guy.

Me too I have to return each year a form stating that I am still alive.

I have it signed and stamped by my consulate for free.

You also can confirm that you are alive by getting a stamp from a hospital or a bank.German agencies paying out pensions accept this.

It seems that the Austrian consulate in Pattaya offers this service for all nationalities.

It should be somewhere near Marine Plaza, but I never found where it is.

Edited by DickFarang

You also can confirm that you are alive by getting a stamp from a hospital or a bank.German agencies paying out pensions accept this.

It seems that the Austrian consulate in Pattaya offers this service for all nationalities.

It should be somewhere near Marine Plaza, but I never found where it is.

In the meantime I found the following links on internet:

http://www.bmeia.gv.at/aussenministerium/buergerservice/oesterreichische-vertretungen.html?dv_staat=172&orgID=32239&cHash=66a164b57f06d5477c3067214a0b74db

http://allpattaya.com/directory/public-services/business/5115/Consulate-of-Austria

I visited the Amphur office today to to get a stamp and a signature on a certificate for my pension. Certifying that I am still alive.

But no no! Cannot, you must go to your embassy or consulate!

The same guy signed the paper last year without any problem. But now has the new government said that they shall not have this service anymore.

Thank you very much !

Oh dear Thai Amphar has better things to do than help some forang get his pension. <deleted> has it got to do with making it more difficult for forang here. Next one of these wingers will be claiming Thai authorities are making it more difficult because they wont pay decent social security or give subsidizes housing to non Thais. Grow up please and go back to your own country and look how difficult west make it for legitimate wifes and family of forang here to even visit. Sweden might be different but look at hoops UK and most of europe and USA Japan etc make Thais spouses go through just to get a visiter visa. Pathetic complaint jap.gif

"Grow up please and go back to your own country and look how difficult west make it for legitimate wifes and family of forang here to even visit."

In the West illegal immigrants get in easier.

Edited by DickFarang

Not really, no.

Reminds me of a song.

'Charmless Man' - Blur.

Not sure his native language is English.