Business Address, Legit Office Premisses For Small Business.

I am setting up my own business in Thailand, and have a couple of things i want cleared out.

As my job happens on different location all the time, as well as meeting clients. I don't really need any office.

Actually it could be my home address. but this is not possible by law, as far as i know.

I believe Thai law says i have to have a business address, an office.

I can't share office with colleagues as i must have a renting contract with the landlord, or they have to share with me and be Thai,

otherwise the company has to be upgraded in registered capital.

Is it true that the contract must be of one year? or can it be less.

I simply don't want to waste money on premisses that i won't really use other than getting my post mail.

As far i understand, the landlord have to pay taxes on the rental of the premisses to make my business address valid and this can be

a problem to find if you are looking for something cheap, ie. one which would be rented to a small thai business.

Just wanted to hear others opinion on this.

Thanks

what is your home address ? a room or a building ? have you registered for VAT ?

if you are renting a building eg a house, the landlord's permission is required to registered the premises as the registered address of the company

I come from employee in a small business with registered VAT, i stopped there to start my own business, in the process i lost my work permit & visa, nothing wrong with that. I just relocated to Bangkok, got new B visa and in the process to register the company which is VAT registered.

I just need facilities for an office which by the nature of the services i offer won't be needed much, and i don't want to waste money in something not relevant to my business.

I live in an apartment and know you can't use it as registered address of company.

if you can't afford to pay between 1500 to 2000 per month then perhaps better not start a company

google for virtual office bangkok; a virtual office provides you a place where you can registered a company

I never said that, I was willing to use 5000 a month, as i want to share a second location with other colleagues. But by Thai law you can not have 2-3 independent businesses using same registered address. I will see what i can find on virtual office. Still, is it legal ?

you can have as many companies registered using the same address

a virtual office is simply an address (that is legal); although virtual, there is a physical office

Thanks for your help, seems my ex-partner told me a lot of BS, as some law offices. I learn something new very day here in thailand :)

Now i read in another thread that you can't get a work permit registering your company in a virtual office. the premisses must be large enough for the you and the 4 thai staff, legal authorities dept. come and inspect the premisses. On my previous workplace, we had to supply pictures of offices premisses.

All this makes me ask, can you at all start a business registering the company in a virtual office?

How come is a virtual office legal if it is supposed to have room enough for 5 people?

I'm sorry if i now ask this in 2 threads.

Now i read in another thread that you can't get a work permit registering your company in a virtual office. the premisses must be large enough for the you and the 4 thai staff, legal authorities dept. come and inspect the premisses. On my previous workplace, we had to supply pictures of offices premisses.

All this makes me ask, can you at all start a business registering the company in a virtual office?

How come is a virtual office legal if it is supposed to have room enough for 5 people?

I'm sorry if i now ask this in 2 threads.

Pictures of office premises showing a company's sigboard are required by the Revenue dept if you registered for VAT; they may visit the premises to confirm the existence of the signboard;

You register a company with the Commerce Ministry; as long as you comply with the requirements, it would take less than a week to create an entity.

A work permit stipulates the place of employment