Air Asia,Fees

KKvampire

What could be easier than just publicize the basic price and a list of extra's which you can choose from, but no that would be to easy.

No malice intended.

I agree with you 100%, in fact you will be aware that Air Asia, and most other airlines, already do that, as another poster said you need to navigate through their booking system to add on what you want and delete what you don't. I'm fortunate in having the time and patience to do that.

You are right, I do like Air Asia and I have had some great bargains, Bali for 700 Baht, Chiang Mai for a couple of hundred or so, Vietnam, Singapore and KL for bargain prices, I am flying to Macau on Monday for tad under 5,000 Baht for return journeys for the two of us.

I fly with many airlines, other posters are correct in saying that AA is not always the cheapest, my last flight to HKG was on an Emirates A380 for about half of was AA was wanting on the day we wanted to go.

I think the point I'm making is that AA offer some good deals, they fly new aircraft and they are normally punctual, yes they will charge for loads of extras, but they are pretty up front about about it, and they are no worse than any other carrier for their extras.

You either love 'em or hate 'em, bit like Marmite.

Hehee, sounds like this guy works for AA Promotions! "Bali for 700 Baht, Chiang Mai for a couple of hundred or so". Those are the advertised rates but certainly NOT what you paid. The fees alone for an international flight are going to be more than 700. And the fees alone for any domestic flight (Chiang Mai) are going to be more than a couple hundred. I think you missed the entire point of this thread.

Hehee, sounds like this guy works for AA Promotions! "Bali for 700 Baht, Chiang Mai for a couple of hundred or so". Those are the advertised rates but certainly NOT what you paid. The fees alone for an international flight are going to be more than 700. And the fees alone for any domestic flight (Chiang Mai) are going to be more than a couple hundred. I think you missed the entire point of this thread.

Why on earth do you think I would need to lie? And no I don't work for Air Asia, in fact I don't work for anybody.

700 Baht each was exactly what we paid to go to Bali, we did it twice for that price. It was two of their free flight promotions and we just paid the departure tax, my other half used her SCB account to avoid the convenience fee, we didn't book seats, and we carried our own bags. I will concede we had to pay the departure tax coming back, but everyone does that whatever airline you fly on.

I have just checked my records and we have had two flights to Chiang Mai and three to Udon Thani, paying 228 and 112 Baht respectively for our return flights. Their prices have certainly gone up over the years, whose hasn't, that why we are having to pay 428 Baht each for four of us to go to Chiang Mai next year.

You are completely wrong when you suggest that I am missing the entire point of this thread, I and others have said that AA aren't always the cheapest, but if you are prepared to be tenacious when booking, be flexible and patient, but most importantly of all "play them at their own game" then there remain some pretty good bargains out there.

Incidentally I received an email from them this morning advising me of their latest offer that hits their site on the 20th, unfortunately I probably won't partake as we will be flying to Macau tomorrow after taking advantage of one of their previous offers.

My Wife and Myself flew from Udon Thani to Phuket and return last month. 363 Baht for the two of us. Air Asia do have plenty of bargains if you look.

FD3985

Economy Promo

UdonThani (UTH)

Thu 04 Aug 2011, 1755 hrs ( 5:55PM)

Phuket (HKT)

Thu 04 Aug 2011, 1945 hrs ( 7:45PM)

FD3984

Economy Promo

Phuket (HKT)

Mon 08 Aug 2011, 1545 hrs ( 3:45PM)

UdonThani (UTH)

Mon 08 Aug 2011, 1725 hrs ( 5:25PM)

Flight

2 Guest 40.00 THB

Airport Tax 300.00 THB

Value Added Tax 23.80 THB

Sub Total 363.80 THB

Services & Fees

Sub Total 0.00 THB

Total Amount 363.80 THB

Total VAT 23.80 THB

Total Paid 363.80 THB

What could be easier than just publicize the basic price and a list of extra's which you can choose from, but no that would be to easy.

No malice intended.

I agree with you 100%, in fact you will be aware that Air Asia, and most other airlines, already do that, as another poster said you need to navigate through their booking system to add on what you want and delete what you don't. I'm fortunate in having the time and patience to do that.

You are right, I do like Air Asia and I have had some great bargains, Bali for 700 Baht, Chiang Mai for a couple of hundred or so, Vietnam, Singapore and KL for bargain prices, I am flying to Macau on Monday for tad under 5,000 Baht for return journeys for the two of us.

I fly with many airlines, other posters are correct in saying that AA is not always the cheapest, my last flight to HKG was on an Emirates A380 for about half of was AA was wanting on the day we wanted to go.

I think the point I'm making is that AA offer some good deals, they fly new aircraft and they are normally punctual, yes they will charge for loads of extras, but they are pretty up front about about it, and they are no worse than any other carrier for their extras.

You either love 'em or hate 'em, bit like Marmite.

'

I got air asia next feb phuket to chiang mai for total all in price of 10.23 usd...hard to beat that....if you want seat assignements and meals and checked luggage and insurance etc etc then you best take your time with the booking process and un select all of that stuff...but while it is a bit of a hassle it's not all that tough...i can do without a meal or a seat assignment and can hand carry my luggage in return for price that is lower than riding a bus...especially if you watch for their sales and are very flexible and act quickly...but BEWARE showing up at the airport with overweight luggage or they will nail you. I once paid more for my bag to fly then i paid for ME to fly. But have to admit i was stupid as i didn't read all the fine print re luggage charges.

Edited by pomchop

AirAsia having 'Free Seats' promotion right now!

I have been trying to book a seat for an hour now but no luck... still waiting!

Nice, but you have to book 7 or 8 months in advance!:

World on Sale - Everyone must go!

Booking Period : 21 September 2011 - 25 September 2011

Travel Period : 3 May 2012 - 27 October 2012 Travel Notes

- Advanced booking required.

- Fares are not available during embargo period.

Edited by hyperdimension