Indonesia

overherebc

Current Garuda advertisements on television promote this. I don't recall being offered this service when flying Garuda a couple of years ago but it might only be for business or first class.

Try taking a look at the Garuda site, they probably have some more information.

Onboard visas are a great idea for any country ... but why anyone would want to visit chaotic, unwelcoming Indonesia is beyond me.

My only experience of flying into Indo was about 20 years ago. I started talking to a guy on the plane who had been working there for a few years. When I said it was my first time in Indo he said follow me through Immigration. I don't know who he was or what did in there but we got through in about 10 min and it looked like everyone else was in for a long wait.

That was the only time I've been there and it looks like things haven't changed much.

I've been to Indonesia 4 times in the last couple of years and it's certainly not unwelcoming despite how it might seem in the media sometimes.

Not being overrun by tourists means Indonesia can be a good change despite the crazy traffic, and surprisingly few rip offs.

Paying for a visa on arrival I found to be pretty quick anyway.

Surabaya about two minutes.

Yogyakarta about ten minutes.

Jakarta five minutes and ten minutes.

Add on the time to get your luggage and it wasn't any worse than Bangkok and a lot faster than say Manila.

Someone also instructed their immigration officers to say hello and be cheerful unlike Bangkok where a polite hello rarely receives any acknowledgement.

I've been to Indonesia 4 times in the last couple of years and it's certainly not unwelcoming despite how it might seem in the media sometimes.

Not being overrun by tourists means Indonesia can be a good change despite the crazy traffic, and surprisingly few rip offs.

Paying for a visa on arrival I found to be pretty quick anyway.

Surabaya about two minutes.

Yogyakarta about ten minutes.

Jakarta five minutes and ten minutes.

Add on the time to get your luggage and it wasn't any worse than Bangkok and a lot faster than say Manila.

Someone also instructed their immigration officers to say hello and be cheerful unlike Bangkok where a polite hello rarely receives any acknowledgement.

OK . Seriously take your point. Been out here, east for along time, better to rely on your own experiences, using courtesy and a pleasant outlook rather ther than believe the average five minute arrival.

I'm a regular to Indonesia.

Visas on planes? No. Not, in business class either.

Unwelcoming? Not true, it's no more or less welcoming than Thailand.

There are greater security risks due to a hanful of fundamentalist twits, security iin public areas s highly visible.

IMO on relative terms it's safe and friendly.

I fly Garuda GA 867 and GA 866 business class twice a month into Jakarta. These routes do not offer the in flight visa service. I asked if they would start using it and they said it is only used for the larger aircraft. The BKK-CGK route is a 737 and there is only 12 seats in Business.