Best Place To Play Pool?

insertmembernamehere

good players and shitty tables.

there's a new place with tournament size and quality table at srimanglachan rd. soi 7, just before the small hill that goes to the back of kad suan kaew.

oh, but that is also a bar. Spin is the name if i remember correctly.

lanna bowling has a lot of tables, but i don't know. you can drink alcohol and smoke there also.

The reason I mentioned no bars is because generally speaking, bars do not take care of their tables and the tables themselves are not regulation.

My understanding is that the tables at Lanna Bowling are crap and the rails bounce is not true.

I was looking for a place which specializes in those wishing to play pool -- eight ball and nine ball specifically.

there's a new place with tournament size and quality table at srimanglachan rd. soi 7, just before the small hill that goes to the back of kad suan kaew.

oh, but that is also a bar. Spin is the name if i remember correctly.

Yes, the table is an Asian Brunswick copy outfitted with Brunswick rails IIRC, so it is very good. We went before it was officially open, but were treated very nicely by the Indian owner (challenge him to a game if you dare). They are also going to have sandwiches, pizzas and possibly other food.

Go check it out if you like pool for the pool part.

EDIT: Go really slow when looking for it. Blink and you'll miss it. It's on the north side of the soi.

Edited by jkfkr

The reason I mentioned no bars is because generally speaking, bars do not take care of their tables and the tables themselves are not regulation.

My understanding is that the tables at Lanna Bowling are crap and the rails bounce is not true.

I was looking for a place which specializes in those wishing to play pool -- eight ball and nine ball specifically.

Lanna bowl, try the tables before dismissing them. And don't forget 10 ball, the more difficult of the pool games.

Unfortunately Cue Bar, Chiang Mai's only real pool hall with 8 high quality 9ft 9 ball tables shut last year, after just a couple of years in business. It was opposite Monkey Club. It is now being turned into a Japanese restaurant, because that is exactly what CM needs - ANOTHER Japanese restaurant!

Sidespin has just opened on Srimanglachan Road Soi 7, on the left hand side, opposite the big print shop. They have just one table, but it is probably the best pool table in CM. 100 Baht/hour or 20 Baht/game. Worth checking out.

Monto (the owner)

Lanna Bowl tables sucked the last time I played on them. I leant on it to stretch for a shot and the whole table moved!

I would recommend Blue Sky bar, the tables there are good and the cloths get changed yearly. They have 9 ball competitions on Tuesday nights (I think) they have various comps at the weekends.

The standard in the bar is high its a good place to practice and Happy hour till 8pm!

Check it out.

I would recommend Blue Sky bar, the tables there are good and the cloths get changed yearly. They have 9 ball competitions on Tuesday nights (I think) they have various comps at the weekends.

The standard in the bar is high its a good place to practice and Happy hour till 8pm!

Check it out.

Blue Sky is a nice bar but their tables are not regulation. Theyare undersized snooker tables that you see all too often in CM, small balls androunded pockets. Side Spin is the only place I have found with a proper table.