America Voted The World'S "Coolest" Country

Jingthing

The USA has been slipping in so many international rankings lately, but not all of them.

The rankings seem about right to me, though Brazil at number two, could really be number one.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/09/06/survey-finds-america-is-c_n_951022.html

* America topped the list of coolest countries, followed by Brazil, Spain, Italy and France. Except for America, those are also the countries that topped 2009's super-scientific World's Best Lovers list.

* The five uncoolest countries, from least to most are: Germans, Canadians, Turks, Poles and... Belgians? Perhaps the first five Google suggest terms after "Belgian" can shed some light. They are: "malinois," "waffle recipe," "shoes," "beer" and "shepherd," as in Belgian Shepherd dog. Sure there's an alcoholic beverage in there, but there are also two dog breeds.

The question was cool. Not cold.

Also keep in mind, the poll was scientific using the latest standards in modern polling technology, with a margin of error of 85 percent.

Next ...

Again, one should instinctively be suspicious and critical of any [and all] surveys, polls, and ratings - even based scientifically [whatever that is].

You're an intelligent lad, Jing. Don't be pulled into any such nonsense, as most are - usually.B)

Also keep in mind, the poll was scientific using the latest standards in modern polling technology, with a margin of error of 85 percent.

Next ...

Again, one should instinctively be suspicious and critical of any [and all] surveys, polls, and ratings - even based scientifically [whatever that is].

You're an intelligent lad, Jing. Don't be pulled into any such nonsense, as most are - usually.B)

Are you a native English speaker?

Next ...

No.

Next ...

But then you deny Jing one of the joys of his life... polls

Next ...

No.

Oh sorry. I had made a joke about how accurate the poll was. It is not accurate. It is the opposite of a scientific poll. It is not to be taken seriously.

I would like to make a suggestion to the Admin Staff to include a statistic stating the number of 'polls' opened by each member to be displayed under the number of posts stat.

I wonder who would be leading?

Maybe I should open a poll on that.:whistling:

I would like to make a suggestion to the Admin Staff to include a statistic stating the number of 'polls' opened by each member to be displayed under the number of posts stat.

I think your idea for a poll counter is massively daft.

Next ...

Next ...

I think Polland sounds pretty cool .

Next ...

I think Polland sounds pretty cool .

I live in Cooler Lumpur

SC

Anyhow I used to be Scots but when that became cool I changed my spots and now I am Globbish .

Is it cool to be Scots?

Tops! Goes to show how out of touch I am...

SC

You'll have to excuse my ignorance here. Is that the "I was once a wine waiter in Morningside" cool or more "I shared some smack wi that Kelly McDonald bird way back ken?" kind of thing?

Anyhow I used to be Scots but when that became cool I changed my spots and now I am Globbish .

Is it cool to be Scots?

Tops! Goes to show how out of touch I am...

SC

You'll have to excuse my ignorance here. Is that the "I was once a wine waiter in Morningside" cool or more "I shared some smack wi that Kelly McDonald bird way back ken?" kind of thing?

Her wikipedia entry reads "minor startlet, better known for having shared smack with the anonymous smokie36 way back when"; or it would if I knew how to update it.

The entertaining thing is that this will probably soon appear have way down the second page on google searches for Kelly McDonald...

SC