Jet Ski Scam Pattaya When Will It Stop

saintofsilence

I'll bet the City Hall 'solution' will 'kick them off the beach' & order them to use an off shore jet ski platform.

That will be exactly what they want too.

Scam, threaten and intimidate out there were those pesky farangs on Thai Visa wont see what is happening.

They still have to come on shore where the ATM machines are. No-one will have big sums of money out at sea.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll bet the City Hall 'solution' will 'kick them off the beach' & order them to use an off shore jet ski platform.

That will be exactly what they want too.

Scam, threaten and intimidate out there were those pesky farangs on Thai Visa wont see what is happening.

They still have to come on shore where the ATM machines are. No-one will have big sums of money out at sea.

They will take hostages...ya know... business as usual.

"Be back in 30 minutes with the cash or you buddy is fish food."

Edited by pauljones

Isn't India scam central as well? You would think they would be street savvy enough to not rent anything in Thailand. The Falangs who help the scammers anger me more then the scammers for some reason. I doubt they are as protected as they think they are since they are easily replaceable.

Probably all tourist police volunteers.

So thats where the money goes , jetski boys high on yaba tablets .

2800 baht for one gram , so they can buy 20 grams after one jetski "incident".

Edited by balo

The owners of the jet skis have managers sitting off in the distance, supervising the scammers.

Recently they have taken a holiday but others are there watching over their watercraft and gang of thugs.

There was a commotion on the beach today at 5:30PM across from Royal Garden. Indian guys.

2 Police standing at a distance watching.

Quite a few people photographing the scene.

I did see the lady that looks to be supervising the scammers near Mikes Mall today.

Get rid of all those people and the beach would be so much nicer.

With an average of 4.3 posts on just the last 3 pages,arnt you sick of the JSS by now?

So thats where the money goes , jetski boys high on yaba tablets .

2800 baht for one gram , so they can buy 20 grams after one jetski "incident".

Yeah like the jet ski boys own the jet ski thumbsup.gif

They are likely only getting 3-5 hundred baht a day.

Edited by Rimmer
flame

Sounds as if you maybe playing a part, do you hire jetskis?

I get you good price......But seriously though, what gets me is why people keep flogging a dead horse, or as we say where I come from , kangaroo.

To keep it in the public eye perhaps? No-one forces anyone to click the link that opens the thread.

I think PJ is doing a good job of bumping it regularly to keep it up there. It is a frickin' disgrace that this goes on here. I think those of us who live here can lose perspective on what this must mean to the poor sods who get scammed. I remember when I was younger I would save & save & save for a holiday and when I finally booked it I would clean out my bank account for the booking and the spending money. If I lost say 1,000 quid (50,000 Baht) on a scam like this I would either be flying home early, spending the rest of my holiday eating 1 meal of fried rice per day and never going out or else hoping that I could borrow the money from someone, somewhere, and then worry about how I was going to repay them.

If only one person reads this and it stops them from renting a jetski and getting scammed then I say "Good Job. Well done."

If you don't like seeing a dead horse getting flogged, don't click the link. Simple.

I had 2 nephews get scammed in Thailand. College students on the trip of a lifetime.

Scammers go to them before I could meet them and clue them up.

The Tourist Police were awful and jerked them around until they departed.

Ruined their trip.

My friend and I sat on the beach in front of Royal Garden in Pattaya 2 days ago. Out of 3 different sets of jet skis that came back in from riding each set were scammed. So I was thinking oh my god this is crazy...never again do I even want to sit near this place to see this happening again. So the next day my friend and I sat about 300 meters north on the beach. 6 Russian guys all rented jet skis at the same time and went out for 30 minutes. They came back in and I could not believe that for 2 hours the con men were trying to scam these guys out of cash...not sure what happened but I think the guys had no money and were heading to the police station. Not sure if that is smart or not but these guys knew they did nothing and would not hear of it.....They were some big guys so the Thais were not pushing them or pointing at them the way I saw the day before. I had read about this on Thai visa before but this is the first time I saw it happen....I think they scam 100% of the people. If two friends rent skis 1 will surely get scammed....totally unbelievable !!! You could see the little basta-ds laughing after the peple paid money and left.

Visitors to Pattaya are all too frequently hustled by the proprietors renting chairs and umbrellas, jet skis, banana boats or parasailing. The tourists are also plagued with pick pocketing, chain snatchings and other types of crime, most of which happen on Walking Street and along Pattaya Beach.

The Deputy Commander reviewed the policy given by the Commissioner of Royal Thai Police Bureau Region 2, Pol. Lt. Gen. Dr. Panya Mamen, which emphasizes that the police should make the safety of the people their first priority, and that all police, tourist police, marine police, immigration police and all volunteers, must work together 24/ 7 to deter crimes. Patrol points will be set every 300 meters with CCTV cameras and officers. Traffic on Pattaya Beach Road will be managed more efficiently

http://www.pattayape...IdArticle=31683

Visitors to Pattaya are all too frequently hustled by the proprietors renting chairs and umbrellas, jet skis, banana boats or parasailing. The tourists are also plagued with pick pocketing, chain snatchings and other types of crime, most of which happen on Walking Street and along Pattaya Beach.

The Deputy Commander reviewed the policy given by the Commissioner of Royal Thai Police Bureau Region 2, Pol. Lt. Gen. Dr. Panya Mamen, which emphasizes that the police should make the safety of the people their first priority, and that all police, tourist police, marine police, immigration police and all volunteers, must work together 24/ 7 to deter crimes. Patrol points will be set every 300 meters with CCTV cameras and officers. Traffic on Pattaya Beach Road will be managed more efficiently

This is a DREAM that could just become part of the nightmare

The Police ARE the problem.

There need to be arrests, convictions and a complete ban of the jet skis.

The Police ARE the problem.

There need to be arrests, convictions and a complete ban of the jet skis.

Thats original.55555

As for the jet ski crocodiles, the city will control and limit the number of jet skis, and set up 8 supervised zones for these operators. The city will also supervise the rentals and damages of these jet skis, in case any tourists have an accident, in order to protect the tourist industry here in Pattaya.

http://www.pattayape...IdArticle=31701

• 3 weeks later...

Two very old and often previously posted videos removed, if you have nothing new then do not post here in an attempt to keep the topic alive.

New information only please.

Two very old and often previously posted videos removed, if you have nothing new then do not post here in an attempt to keep the topic alive.

New information only please.

Why not just close this thread? it's like a broken record.

As for the jet ski crocodiles, the city will control and limit the number of jet skis, and set up 8 supervised zones for these operators. The city will also supervise the rentals and damages of these jet skis, in case any tourists have an accident, in order to protect the tourist industry here in Pattaya.

http://www.pattayape...IdArticle=31701

cheesy.gif

Is it over now, the scams?

Since this thread is dead. Everything back to normal in Pattaya ?

Yea, the scammers/assailants have all been arrested and their jet skis confiscated.

The police that run the scam have been prosecuted and jailed.

The remaining jet skis operators have been identified, registered, have insurance and pay taxes.

Honest, Tourist Police are patrolling the beach footpath full time.

The drugged up transvestite muggers have all been sent away.

City maintenance workers are hard at work maintaining the beautiful landscaping.

Just kidding.

The same people are still out there running the jet skis & the police that allowed it to continue are still in charge.

I have noticed that the jet ski dudes in the north section of Pattaya Beach, across from the Aramani Hotel, do not have conflcts with their customers; infact, they take a phone video of the jet ski before the customer gets on.

This scam has put millions of dollars in corrupt peoples pockets in full view of police , people have had holidays ruined the internet is full of stories including victims reports .

What is worrying is how many people have been physically assaulted on the beach and also taken away from the beach and had lives threatened or the <deleted> belted out of them for not having money.

Its should be treated by all countries as more than a danger now is the time for embassies to request the thai government to remove these dangerous thugs and water devices away from tourists.

Meetings after Meetings of hot air with no person stepping up to stop it , if reports are true and some police or many also own of these jet ski's how the hell will it stop.

There are videos of tourists being assaulted , british troops being put in hostile positions with thugs holding guns " and still operate jet skis" nothing will change till banning every jet ski.

Edited by StealthEnergiser