Best Gyms In Chiang Mai

CaitlinHappyMeal

hi, was wanting a good mix of gym and classes as myself and my partner like different things. we have used california wow before which was ok but a little pricey and a fair walking distance form where we stay. so have had done a search on here and found reference to fitness thailand and platinum gym which are both nearer to where we stay, and seem to be cheaper but i’d like your opinions please as the posts i’ve been looking at on here are quite old. the main thing is the gym has a good selection of classes as well as a gym. are any of these 2 gyms any good? we stay near chaeng puak gatethanks in advanceemma

I use Fitness Thailand and really like it. The gym is quite big and although the free weights area can get busy in the evening (and it gets pretty untidy) i still have no problem doing my workout.

They have a class schedule on their website, i believe they do yoga classes as well as some sort of spin and zumba classes too.

I have only used the CMU gym before, so it was a massive improvement for me using fitness thailand. I would definately head in there to give it a look. They will show you around so you'll know if it is the one for you or not.

Ulysses is spot on. I got most of my leads through search's.

My gym experiences with weights/classes; 1. Fitness Thailand!!! 2. Power House (watch the prices) Worst experience has been Hillside 4 (nut-bag manager, weird pictures on the walls, small locker/bathroom that always stinks, limited antique equipment, 1 or 2 undesireable class's, ect.) Met several good people working out there though. At all the gyms actually.

Good luck!

I went to check out Platinum the other day but it has got a hell of an eery feeling about it and that was before I got in there.

The staff I met in there were enough for me to walk out, bad customer service

Powerhouse has closed down by the looks of it....?

Edited by james24

Fitness Thailand for me. 1,000B a month. Plenty of machines, free weights and a variety of classes. Changing rooms large and always clean unlike Hillside 4 which is a joke in that department and the machines there are from the '80s like the posters on the walls! Only plus with Hillside is the swimming pool. I'd like to find a decent gym with a pool for a good price though

It's not close in, but check out 700 Year Sports complex. No classes (that I am aware of), but not pricey, decent but older equipment, rarely crowded (except tennis in the morning), no sales pressure, the only comprehensive sports facility I've seen - tennis, golf, track, olympic pool, weights and machines, well kept, and more. 500 baht annual membership and 20-30 baht per visit for members.

It's not close in, but check out 700 Year Sports complex. No classes (that I am aware of), but not pricey, decent but older equipment, rarely crowded (except tennis in the morning), no sales pressure, the only comprehensive sports facility I've seen - tennis, golf, track, olympic pool, weights and machines, well kept, and more. 500 baht annual membership and 20-30 baht per visit for members.

old equipment? There two separate gyms. one with , as you say very old equipment but it'll do the job, I guess and on the other side a large airconditioned room with modern, hydraulic machines. Edited by THAIPHUKET

I joined Fitness Thailand for Sept to try and its an option you can try and they will even give you a 3 day pass before you join....FT seems to be what you and your partner may be looking for and they have classes too....7th and 8th FL of Icon building....