A Very Long Story

boracic

This is a follow up to a recent event, partially described in the email. My first reaction is that it is a case for a lawyer. It does however seem inconistent in places.

I would appreciate some useful input

"Hi John

I’m looking to see if you can possibly help me.

Firstly I will state that I am not looking for any financial help from you, only moral support & any assistance you may be able to give My Girlfriend, Fai as she has gotten herself in a spot of trouble.

Her family was killed by an ex-boyfriend of her mother’s & when he was sent to prison, the killer’s brother then killed her last remaining brother & the killer’s brother is also in prison.

Fai sold a house & plot of land & the money was placed in a bank account until the land transfers were complete.

Whilst this was happening, her best friend, Ka San (whose parents died when Ka San was a child & was taken in by Fai’s parents - Fai & Ka San were raised as sisters) went into labour & was taken to Kanchanaburi and Fai went to the hospital with her as her husband was away working. After a 3 day labour, Ka San gave birth to a daughter & then died from total exhaustion – The hospital called the police as Ka San’s husband could not be contacted & the hospital wanted their bill paid & as Fai came to the hospital with Ka san, they held her liable for the bill & had Fai arrested.

I got this sorted out by sending Fai some money but as she had been arrested the police had her bank accounts frozen but they were later released. As a result of the bank account having been frozen it was going to take her a further 10 to 14 days to have access to the cash in the account.

Fai has since packed up & moved from Sangklaburi (her home) & is now staying (with the baby as the father has done a runner) with a friend in Bangkok until she can get access to the money in the bank account to buy a condominium in Bangkok (she has 3 million Baht in the account).

Yesterday Fai returned to Sangklaburi to collect the remainder of her belongings & pets and brought Ka San’s car with her. During her visit to Sangklaburi, Fai lost her purse containing her ID card, ATM & bank cards & has been in contact with the banks to get new cards but the funds in her account are temporarily frozen again until new cards or accounts can be organised, Monday was the time scale given to her.

On returning to Bangkok, Fay was involved in a car accident & had to go to a medical clinic for minor injuries to herself & the baby (bruising & pain) but nothing serious.

Fai has to see the police in Bangkok tomorrow (Thursday 22nd) but she has no driving licence. The other driver was uninjured & told Fai how much he wanted to fix his car but as her bank accounts are in limbo until next week she is unable to pay him – Her ID card is also lost but as far as I can ascertain, was reported to police.

As her bank accounts are in limbo, I am unable to assist & can do nothing from here – My phone bill is going through the roof.

Is there any chance you could ring her & give moral support – any assistance would be greatly appreciated by me.

She is not a local to Bangkok & is terrified and a bit hysterical; I can only talk to her but I don’t know the ins & outs about how to help her.

I state again that I am not looking for any financial help from you, only moral support & any assistance you may be able to give as she currently has no ID & states no one believes her about the money in her account – She is terrified that she will be sent to prison & separated from the baby which is after all, family."

Yes Litte I can do,IS a lawyer likely take this on with payment when the said monies are unfrozen..I'm not financing anything

Whatdoes "fai" mean please ? Also I guess a farang getting "involved" will lever up prices.

Edited by boracic

I would think it a scam. How much bad luck can one girl have. Just emotional support eh? If you call she will hit you with the sob story, crying and begging and will hope to tug at your heartstrings to cave in. I'm sure the girl is getting emotional support from the person that sent you the message, why would she need another farang for support. Surely she'd prefer Thai support.

I wouldn't go near it with a barge pole.

I would think it a scam. How much bad luck can one girl have. Just emotional support eh? If you call she will hit you with the sob story, crying and begging and will hope to tug at your heartstrings to cave in. I'm sure the girl is getting emotional support from the person that sent you the message, why would she need another farang for support. Surely she'd prefer Thai support.

I have known the guy for quite a few years he is in the police in the UK, comes her 3-4 times per year brings me all kinds of goodies.

There is a history of these "events"

The only experience i have with lawyer here in thailand is when i paid a lawyer to take a case to court.

As it happened, she never took it to court, she borrowed money, intimidated me with a gun when i went to get my monthly payback, and then she changed location & phone

Face is very important to thais, not in the way that they want a clear conscience or having dignity, but more so other potential victims wont be alerted :jap:

Edited by poanoi

A Very Long Story

It's not that long.

but it is certainly action packed.

to summarise:

1x murdered family

1x murdered last survivor

1x dead step sister by childbirth

1 x arrest

1x lost purse

1x abandoned child

1x glacially frozen bank account

1x car accident

i think it is safe to say Fai is a bit of a disaster.

She better be very cute indeed.

As her bank accounts are in limbo, I am unable to assist & can do nothing from here – My phone bill is going through the roof.

What about Western Union?

No need for a bank account and instant money.

Good Thinking Batman..saves me a lot of excuses TVM

Edited by metisdead
Font.

I have known the guy for quite a few years he is in the police in the UK, comes her 3-4 times per year brings me all kinds of goodies.

There is a history of these "events"

Do you think she is 'playing' your friend and he believes her and wants you to help. I would think 'help' will end up just costing you and your friend money.

I would also not wish to get involved for another reason. Everyone she knows ends up dead.

Edited by Wallaby

Maybe not a get out clause, doesn't she need ID to pick up money from WU. No ID card and no DL, hmmmm

Sounds like it was picked up from a Thai soap, good troll though.

I think you should try and see what you can do to help.

But before you do: I was recently given $300,000,000 to hold on to by my brother-in-law, who is being persecuted for political reasons in the country where he is a high government official, but I have nowhere to keep it. If you could send me your bank information I will allow you to take a 10% commission merely for depositing this money in your account.

Please PM me for more details.

Latest..I have called her as the guy gave me her number....no pickup. Have advised him ref WU

Be assured .I am "not at home" as Victorian ladies used to say.

I also believe it is too elaborate, and please be assured it is no troll.

There are sufficient similar tales on TV that make trolls superfluous.

Maybe not a get out clause, doesn't she need ID to pick up money from WU. No ID card and no DL, hmmmm

He could send the money to his mate the OP who can give it to the GF.

End of Story....until next time ?

latest email

"Thanks for trying but I managed to get one of her bank accounts activated from this end.

She was semi hysterical but has since calmed down, I was concerned re her state of mind at the time which is not surprising given all she's been through in past nine months.

Thanks again for trying"

End of Story....until next time ?

latest email

"Thanks for trying but I managed to get one of her bank accounts activated from this end.

She was semi hysterical but has since calmed down, I was concerned re her state of mind at the time which is not surprising given all she's been through in past nine months.

Thanks again for trying"

No one can activate any of my bank accounts only me.:whistling: