Thaksin Calls In To 'Instruct' Thai Cabinet

webfact

I myself was also thinking, of phoning-in to the next full-Cabinet meeting, so that I can spend an hour reminding them to serve the people, and congratulating them on their limited-progress to-date.

Will I too be able to do this, OK I'm a farang, but then so is Thaksin nowadays. ? <_<:rolleyes:

"Limited progress"....................OMG mate, they have only been in for a bloody dogwatch.............what sort of government were you used to where you come from. Get real!

You seem to take "limited-progress to-date" as being critical, rather than just saying that they had almost three months after the election now made a start, but it does take time to fail-to-do things which they promised as immediate.

They've picked a Cabinet, cut the contributions to the Oil Fund, corrected the cock-up on how that affects biofuel, helped Thaksin get a visa for Japan & his kids some of their cash back, and come up with excuses why "immediate" now means by-the-end-of-2012 & "universal" means 7 provinces and for government-employees only.

That is indeed not a bad start ! B)

Edited by Ricardo

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

As one of the people who pays for these people to run Thailand via our taxes, I am outraged.

Either....they have a convicted fugitive telling them how to run the country = INSANE

or

They are wasting OUR time they should be using to run the country on niceties and party political matters in a GOVERNMENT meeting = F&*KING STUPID AND INCOMPETENT

it's either they are insane or they are f&*king stupid.

Which one?

A broad cross section of BOTH.

Mixed with large portions of self-serving evil and short sightedness

Having grown up in a mature democracy (if I may be pardoned to say so) and not a TPLAC, I'm really amazed and somewhat disturbed that some others here, also seemingly from Western Democracies, see nothing wrong in a fugitive criminal as 'de facto' PM and his sister as the 'de jure' one.

I would almost say "I'm speechless", but as some have it I might get a second award for 'daftest political comment of the week'. Intimidation almost works :(

Edited by rubl

Having grown up in a mature democracy (if I may be pardoned to say so) and not a TPLAC, I'm really amazed and somewhat disturbed that some others here, also seemingly from Western Democracies, see nothing wrong in a fugitive criminal as 'de facto' PM and his sister as the 'de jure' one.

I would almost say "I'm speechless", but as some have it I might get a second award for 'daftest political comment of the week'. Intimidation almost works :(

I agree with your analysis rub1.

Edited by scorecard

These were exactly my thoughts as I tried to find evidence of 'instruction' in the article.

The unfortunate mix of 1) The Nation's bias and 2) The use of The Nation articles to begin practically all threads in the TV News forum is directly responsible for turning these pages into the internet's ghetto for anti-PTP farang sentiment.

A playground for those with pre-existing anti-PTP views and those that have been persuaded by the inevitable strength of feeling shown here, it is a tough place to promote balanced argument and informed opinion without getting accused of being one side or the other's lackey. Still, it's a challenge that appeals to open minds and masochists alike. And if you're an open minded masochist, have at 'em I say!!!!!

There is no evidence of instructions being given, and as such i agree it should not be used in the title for the sake of supposed professional journalism, but really, does anyone actual doubt that he did give instructions of one sort or another? I don't really think so.

and to follow on your point, does anyone doubt that they have been talking all along? As far as real events go, I think this is a non-event. As far as the propaganda war goes, the Nation will be repeating this skype-fest in their articles for the next 6 months in the same way the mentioned his "clone" statement for the last 6 months.

These were exactly my thoughts as I tried to find evidence of 'instruction' in the article.

The unfortunate mix of 1) The Nation's bias and 2) The use of The Nation articles to begin practically all threads in the TV News forum is directly responsible for turning these pages into the internet's ghetto for anti-PTP farang sentiment.

A playground for those with pre-existing anti-PTP views and those that have been persuaded by the inevitable strength of feeling shown here, it is a tough place to promote balanced argument and informed opinion without getting accused of being one side or the other's lackey. Still, it's a challenge that appeals to open minds and masochists alike. And if you're an open minded masochist, have at 'em I say!!!!!

There is no evidence of instructions being given, and as such i agree it should not be used in the title for the sake of supposed professional journalism, but really, does anyone actual doubt that he did give instructions of one sort or another? I don't really think so.

and to follow on your point, does anyone doubt that they have been talking all along? As far as real events go, I think this is a non-event. As far as the propaganda war goes, the Nation will be repeating this skype-fest in their articles for the next 6 months in the same way the mentioned his "clone" statement for the last 6 months.

Hi Tom.

I think you mentioned in another post that you are an American, as am I. How would you feel if you read an article that stated That "Nixon calls in to instruct Ford's cabinet" ?

Government House officials said that though former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra was disappointed he could not step in and dispense favours due to new military regulations being put in effect after the 2006 coup, he did not object to the new military line-up.

As far as the propaganda war goes on there will be people from mature democracies who will insist on calling any article they don't like drivel. Freedom of the press seems to mean nothing. 'we want the press to ask questions we want to answer, and answer what we want them to print'. A nice lady said this on Fox.

How is it that Cabinet proceedings are public knowledge?

The Yingluck administration is apparently more transparent than the previous military dictatorship and Abhisit administration. whistling.gif

More likely is that the Nation is just feeding the angry farang lust for negative statements about Thaksin, and PTP.

And the people have gotten what they deserve. Maybe Thai's should practice their own mantras, and stop lying, cheating, and stealing from everyone, then by the graces of Buddha Thaksin and his lyres will be gone!

You're right tlansford, they have been talking, and Thaksin has told the Cabinet he will skype in every Monday.

On Wednesday Thaksin lectured the Defence Minister,the Labour Minister and the Deputy Commerce Minister on how to do their jobs.

They sat and listened silently, the thought of their letters of resignation already being in Thaksin's pocket may have prevented them from showing any dissent.

And Yingluk says Thaksin is not interfering!

Let's see next Monday which lucky Minister is offered a morale boosting lecture!

I agree with your analysis rub1.

They tried to use a similar argument against Hillary Clinton as President,

Bill C. would be sleeping with her and might potentially have undue influence.

Ludicrous to imagine until you see this Thai punch and judy show.

We see the UNELECTED big brother, with a legal ban against political activity,

and a conviction, and bail jumping charges pending, on the run from incarceration, and many more pending charges of policy abuse in office, and undue enrichment....

and he is calling in weekly to lecture the GOVERNMENT CABINET, and THEY sit silently and just let him talk. Because he holds their instant retirement in his pocket.

And now they audaciously are seemingly trying multiple ways to pressure the highest chair, to pardon him for crimes he hasn't even been tried for yet, or politically look the bad player in their faux passion play. Which is in effect lese majesty by policy decrees. The mind boggles.

And the fear grows because this can not end well.

If you pitched this story line to a Hollywood studio they would

laugh you out of the office for being far too unbelievable.

Edited by animatic

From the SMH On-line

"

Thailand's Foreign Minister, Surapong Tovichukchaikul, also wants to return Thaksin's Thai passport revoked by the previous government two years ago.

"A passport is like an identity card. Even prisoners in Thailand still hold their ID card," Mr Surapong said in New York, where he is leading the Thai delegation to the United Nations General Assembly.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/world/thaksin-lectures-cabinet-amid-calls-for-his-return-20110923-1kpbl.html#ixzz1Yn1sKSuk

nice to know where his priorities lie.

From the SMH On-line

"

Thailand's Foreign Minister, Surapong Tovichukchaikul, also wants to return Thaksin's Thai passport revoked by the previous government two years ago.

"A passport is like an identity card. Even prisoners in Thailand still hold their ID card," Mr Surapong said in New York, where he is leading the Thai delegation to the United Nations General Assembly.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.a...l#ixzz1Yn1sKSuk

Bet Mr Surapong didn't walk out on the Iranian nutball during his 'speech'.

This must have been on Thai TV as my wife mentioned it. "They say Thaksin telephones to tell the government what to do". She also mentioned them running off to Cambodia while people are suffering from the floods.

What do you expect in a country that is run by people with a mental capacity of a 13-year-old? At best.

From the SMH On-line

"

Bet Mr Surapong didn't walk out on the Iranian nutball during his 'speech'.

No, he did not understand what was said. This time either.

From the SMH On-line

"

Prisoners yes. How about fugitives from justice?

This must have been on Thai TV as my wife mentioned it. "They say Thaksin telephones to tell the government what to do". She also mentioned them running off to Cambodia while people are suffering from the floods.

ive given up caring but its fun watching and reading as Taksin completes the total takeover of all government and tries and may succeed in turning Thailand into his own 1 party state. Its will be amusing to see as time progress's even the dimmest forang Taksin supporter start to realise their hero is nothing but a robber baron and of same mould as Mugabwie, Gaddafi, Saddam guy in North Korea and rest and then when poor finally maybe understand they are not going to get anything from cake except maybe a few mouldy crumbs it will be far to late for anything to be done about it. Unless of course Taksin and his brood and henchmen's own greed consume themselves or Army again save Thailand. Until he is well and truly gone our assets which we have and are quicky as possible getting out of thailand will stay out except those like our home and some bits we cant liquidate.

As one of the people who pays for these people to run Thailand via our taxes, I am outraged.

Either....they have a convicted fugitive telling them how to run the country = INSANE

or

They are wasting OUR time they should be using to run the country on niceties and party political matters in a GOVERNMENT meeting = F&*KING STUPID AND INCOMPETENT

it's either they are insane or they are f&*king stupid.

Which one?

neither just following the plan as laid our in the fuhrers bunker Its all ok dont worry Taksin will come back this year and he and his merry men will gorge themselves silly and try to make it permanent by whatever means they can. This is democracy Thai style and red shirt style.

The matichon report on it seems to be similar but more newsy, amusing and less outraged. Of course everyone knows it is Thaksins government and party, but how it is viewed tends to depend on whether you are in the love/hate or sick of it all group

Or if you are paid by PTP to post positive news, as the reporters from Thai Rath was exposed to be, amongst others...

And the people have gotten what they deserve. Maybe Thai's should practice their own mantras, and stop lying, cheating, and stealing from everyone, then by the graces of Buddha Thaksin and his lyres will be gone!

Maybe some Thais.

Edited by mca

And yet, having grown up in a mature democracy, you weren't even a little bit surprised by the military creating the last government by bullying sufficient mp's into forming a coalition that suited said military? And you saw nothing wrong, as a purveyor of mature democracy, with the de facto leader of the second-largest grouping of the last coalition government being in the middle of a five year ban from involvement in politics?

I asked Thaksin to Skype: Yongyuth

By The Nation

Deputy Prime Minister and Interior Minister Yongyuth Wichaidit yesterday defended former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra's Skype call to a meeting of Pheu Thai Party ministers on Wednesday as appropriate in light of Thaksin's role as his adviser.

"I have two advisers: Thaksin and former prime minister Somchai Wongsawat. I asked [Thaksin] for advice; he did not Skype the meeting unsolicited," said Yongyuth, who is also Pheu Thai Party leader.

He said the leaders of the Chart Thai Pattana, Bhum Jai Thai and Chart Pattana Puea Pandin parties similarly seek advice from Banharn Silapa-archa, Newin Chidchob and Suwat Liptapanlop, respectively.

The three were banned from politics after their parties were dissolved.

Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra makes her own decisions, Yongyuth said. "She is not dominated by her brother, Thaksin."

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2011-09-24

I asked [Thaksin] for advice; he did not Skype the meeting unsolicited,"

" Thaksin mate. Yongyuth here. Is your camera on? I can't see you. There that's better. Anyhow it's all gone a bit repetitive on the TVF front. The usual "Thailand will be like North Korea", " Yingluks your clone", " How can a fugitive from justice"," Thasin v.2.0" " You're the best PM Thailand has ever had", " The poor need a voice" "Third hand" blah blah blah bertie frigging &lt;deleted&gt; etc. What we need is some advise on a new policy statement that'll really have them spluttering into their Chang's. We want to make Thailand the hub of indignant pontificating because basically our other attempts at being hubs turned into sweet F.A. We feel after reading TVF this hub will have some real legs.

What's that? Get a pen? OK fire away boss.

1) The 300 baht minimum wage will not apply to those who voted for the Dems. In fact those who did vote for the Dems will actually have their wages cut."

2) All westerners will be required by law to wear red shirts and headbands on Mondays. To extend a visa their will be an extra requirement of singing the lyrics to " Chai Mai Dan Pho" and kissing a picture of my arse.

3) The tax on Leo, Chang and Singh will be 2000%. This will only apply to westerners."

4) Aphisit will be placed under house arrest because he couldn't beat us in an election even if one of our policies was to kill the first born in every family and ban somtam.

I like it boss. Hi5 you next week right?"

Hi Tom.

I think you mentioned in another post that you are an American, as am I. How would you feel if you read an article that stated That "Nixon calls in to instruct Ford's cabinet" ?

Shocked! They're dead.blink.gif