Sacred Heart Nazi Sports Academy

mallmagician

my wife and I have our daughter at Sacred Heart. Over the past 2 years I've had plenty of complaints about how they operate, but still have to hope there is some quality there, being a private Catholic school like I went to long ago.

Wife brought home the attached photo from the Sport's Day parade. There are many other pictures with swatstika flags, goose-stepping, and the Nazi salute, but this one stands out. Can you believe the boots and the automatic weapons of these sporty young ladies? Pretty heady stuff....

If l were you l would go to the principles office and ask WHY the school is glorifying a party (Nazi) responsible for mass murder of millions of innocent men, women and children and how it has helped your kids. ;).

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my wife and I have our daughter at Sacred Heart. Over the past 2 years I've had plenty of complaints about how they operate, but still have to hope there is some quality there, being a private Catholic school like I went to long ago.

Wife brought home the attached photo from the Sport's Day parade. There are many other pictures with swatstika flags, goose-stepping, and the Nazi salute, but this one stands out. Can you believe the boots and the automatic weapons of these sporty young ladies? Pretty heady stuff....

GOD that is SEXY!!!

As for the dress-up.. Even Prince Harry though nothing much of it, remember? He's not Thai is he? And nothing wrong with his education either, no?

Back to your afternoon tea everyone.

GOD that is SEXY!!!

As for the dress-up.. Even Prince Harry though nothing much of it, remember? He's not Thai is he? And nothing wrong with his education either, no?

Well, you will probably recall that one of Victoria's offspring was sent to live in Germany and pranced around in a German uniform and donned a German combat helmet where ever he went, so bringing the royals into the fray is a non event. :(

Oh. I didn't realise 2 wrongs now DO make a right.

GOD that is SEXY!!!

GOD that is SEXY!!!

And if you remember he was publicly lambasted for it, and rightly so.

Especially in the context of the historic direct Nazi ties of some very high level members of the British royal family.

image110.jpg

Absolutely, but it must be remembered that UK monarchy is from German stock. At the time of the Nazi problem German monarchy had gone, just a jumped up non blue eyed blond hair psycho who was angry at being a prisoner a few years earlier took millions of lives.;)

Especially in the context of the historic direct Nazi ties of some very high level members of the British royal family.

image110.jpg

Yep, a fact that is quite openly taught in schools in the UK, that is the sort of thing that happens when you have more freedom of information, freedom of speech, and a vehicle to deliver it.

And Thailand fails miserably on all three counts.

Edited by Thaddeus

If l were you l would go to the principles office and ask WHY the school is glorifying a party (Nazi) responsible for mass murder of millions of innocent men, women and children and how it has helped your kids. ;).

Yeah, but be fair you would need to give him/her enough time to google Nazi and mass murder of millions in the 20th century, because he/she won't have a clue what you're talking about.

Edited by uptheos

If she doesn't attend summer school, they said she would not be ready for the regular term. If she didn't attend their tutoring, she won't succeed in their school. Both ideas fashioned to fatten the pocketbooks of their teachers, IMO. She has way too much homework, and ineffective classroom teaching. I can't stand 'em. I have no confidence my visit to them would make any difference.

That female at the right of your photo. Is that a teacher?

I don't know. She looks kinda old, yea?

If she doesn't attend summer school, they said she would not be ready for the regular term. If she didn't attend their tutoring, she won't succeed in their school. Both ideas fashioned to fatten the pocketbooks of their teachers, IMO. She has way too much homework, and ineffective classroom teaching. I can't stand 'em. I have no confidence my visit to them would make any difference.

Sounds like a real gem of a school!

You sound like a nice guy, who is just trying to do his best for daughter. It's a travesty, that a school with a name such as Sacred Heart would be money oriented, but to be honest nothing ANY religious school does would surprise me. Are you in a position where you must keep going with this school, because to be honest it sounds like a nightmare for both you and your daughter. Are there any other schools that she could transfer to?

Any more?

dig the Hitler mustachepost-34857-0-00474300-1316949922_thumb.j

post-34857-0-29885100-1316950022_thumb.j

post-34857-0-36760100-1316950177_thumb.j

I wonder if the school administrators realize that their Nazi parade which I predict now will be known of all over the world, brings ridicule and disrespect not only for their school but reflects poorly on the educational culture of the entire nation of Thailand, where such ignorant displays are not only tolerated, but celebrated as fun.

I understand nationalism and xenophobia (it's OK in Thailand! DUH) is over the top in Thailand. However, an intelligent nationalism would give some care about how their people behave is perceived by other countries as well.

Edited by Jingthing

I wonder if the school administrators realize that their Nazi parade which I predict now will be known of all over the world, brings ridicule and disrespect not only for their school but reflects poorly on the poor educational culture of the entire nation of Thailand, where such ignorant displays are not only tolerated, but celebrated as fun.

I understand nationalism and xenophobia (it's OK in Thailand! DUH) is over the top in Thailand. However, an intelligent nationalism would give some care about how their people behave is perceived by other countries as well.

Again l agree,

me, really pissed off today looking at the pics of glorification of those who murdered millions in a so called civilized part of the world. Show the kids pcs from Auschwitz. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah. Time for a beer eh. :(

I must admit I'm glad my children didn't go to this school.

Because I would imagine at some point it will get into the international newspapers the same as the incident in BKK a few years. I think that resulted in the school having to make a few apologies.

It is a bit confusing though, because the subject has obviously had some research, as in the character of Hitler, the flags, the goose step. So its not total ignorance.

However it seems the un-sanuk parts were ignored.

It looks a bit like Patpong and the Third Reich!

This is not the WEST! It's not offensive here! It's not revolting for them. You are in Thailand not your country. Most Thai can't tell a different between a Jew a German or an Italian and so forth. They are all Farang!

Well said.

Many people in the UK supported Hitler ( before the war ), and recently a certain well known individual in Britain wore a Nazi uniform to a party ( or something like that ).

Also, let's not forget that during WW2 Thailand ( officially ) supported Japan, and they were scarcely less bad than the Nazis ( murdered thousands of Chinese in reprisal for the Doolittle Raid ).

So, lets remember that it is THAILAND, not back 'ome, whatever our personal attitudes to Hitler etc.

A baton twirler, dressed in uniform with a swastika (the swastika which prior to use by Nazis had positive meanings for centuries)

Take offence if you wish......but I'm not sure exactly what you are taking offence at

Transam where is 'the glorification'........I may be wrong but I don't think this parade goes anywhere near as deep as some people here are trying to make it, in order to find it offensive

I must admit I'm glad my children didn't go to this school.

It is a bit confusing though, because the subject has obviously had some research, as in the character of Hitler, the flags, the goose step. So its not total ignorance.

1. A bit of an understatement is my guess, Sally.

2. Exactly! This is not some one man show, this has been very well organised, with probably all the teachers involved right up to principle! Let them apologise, it will mean nothing, the damage has been done and the school is now..........just another poor insignificant place that kids go to be taught heaven knows what in the classroom, probably for quite a few bucks. Sad. sad.gif

Edited by uptheos

post-37101-0-29940100-1316946760_thumb.j

The picture does not show Neville Chamberlain performing an indecent act. B)

What's Neville got to do with it. The picture was Edward VIII & Wallace S :blink:

After seeing the photos I think I see a Thai political message in this march. The logo on the black vest showed the seal of the Nazis and had printed on it RED NAZISM. When you add to this the fact they were all wearing red shirts I see a political influence there. This was drilled home to me when I opened the photo and my wife yells out "see dang, see dang". Oh well who knows.

After seeing the photos I think I see a Thai political message in this march. The logo on the black vest showed the seal of the Nazis and had printed on it RED NAZISM. When you add to this the fact they were all wearing red shirts I see a political influence there. This was drilled home to me when I opened the photo and my wife yells out "see dang, see dang". Oh well who knows.

I noticed that too. But what are they saying?

A baton twirler, dressed in uniform with a swastika (the swastika which prior to use by Nazis had positive meanings for centuries)

Take offence if you wish......but I'm not sure exactly what you are taking offence at

Transam where is 'the glorification'........I may be wrong but I don't think this parade goes anywhere near as deep as some people here are trying to make it, in order to find it offensive

Would you prefer some thing nearer home, where the kids paraded with severed heads for some fun. ;)

Well it's hardly any better is it. What would happen with a school in another country depicting one of their political parties as the Nazi party. Or are we defending it along the lines "Thailand - the hub of sophisticated political themes and critical thought and expression".

Honestly, talk about a good way to make yourself the laughing stock, full marks for that anyway.

Exactly my point......without even having a true idea what the parade was 'about' we have all number of people taking 'offence'.....for all you guys know it could well be a criticism of the reds by comparing them to Nazis.......in which case you may have the whole thing Ar5e about face.......

But yes at this moment who knows......except possibly the teachers and students

I had similar thoughts. Those are pretty expensive jackets they had embroidered for the occasion. I'm sure they'll be seeing more wear.

Exactly my point......without even having a true idea what the parade was 'about' we have all number of people taking 'offence'.....for all you guys know it could well be a criticism of the reds by comparing them to Nazis.......in which case you may have the whole thing Ar5e about face.......

But yes at this moment who knows......except possibly the teachers and students

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO kid would have thought this stunt up and the teacher who did would have explained why the Nazi theme was being used to impress the natives. WHAT did he tell them to be so enthusiastic ?. NOT ALL.