Sacred Heart Nazi Sports Academy

mallmagician

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The ignorance of children.

I think kids costumes, this is a beautiful example.

And it's compiled for everyone to see.

While there is a secret to reveal.

Therefore, it is better to be sorry.

This event will not happen again.

I have to take care better in the future.

....... I'm sorry. I represent children with

If we knew in advance that the children would dress like this. It would have been prohibitive to the Etืea to anyone else.

We are really sorry. Actually

Next, we will provide information for these children, of course.

Thank you for taking the time to become a member of Thai Visa and for your apology

I will not draw you into the 'discussion' by making further comment

Can anyone who reads Thai give an update as to what the Thais are posting on the link above?

I read the first 20 posts or so.

Some posters are shocked by the ignorant use of symbolism. Others lash out at the foreign embassies for being hypocritical, to the tune of: "They should look at themselves and their own histories of genocide and colonialism before criticizing others."

One interesting comment was that had the Nazis won, they would control the telling of history and the symbols of evil we react to today would be different. "Not so different from the brainwashing of people in Thailand for the last two generations."

There's a post that says the Jews deserved it.

Another points out that Thailand was aligned with Japan and Germany during WWII.

One transforms "Hitler" to "Thak-ler"

A few Red Power! posts, and a few comparing Hitler to Abhisit.

There's a thread of discussion about the historical context before and after the colonial era.

Naturally, there are opinions all over the map.

It's a good reminder that, while the the parade and use of Nazi symbols may have been a display of ignorance, it doesn't represent a general lack of understanding, interest, or insight among Thai people overall.

Based on this article http://prachatai.com/journal/2011/09/37093 and especially the first picture in it I can only come to the conclusion that some conservative, yellow-minded, probably influential parents (It’s a private school …!)/ teachers simply misused their children / students and their sports day to make some propaganda against the red government.

For me it’s clear that adults must have been involved; imagine only the tens of thousands of Baht for all the stuff needed.

I wonder that I did not read a single similar theory in any of now almost 1’000 posts in the two existing threads. Is it that absurd?

Didn't new-PM Yingluck attend nearby Regina Coeli School, also run by the Chiang Mai Diocese ? Seems odd if they're a hot-bed of conservative yellow-minded influential parents ? More likely that this is down to ignorance than conspiracy IMO. :jap:

For those who haven't read the other thread running on TV. Here's the pathetic apology received via email from the school. bah.gif'the red colour which was dressed up imitating some Nazi symbols'. Where does this jerk get off? The uniforms, correct swastika, goose stepping, arms and building draped out like the frigging Nuremberg rally!

Don't even get me started on the English - maybe next time get a native speaker to read it first (preferably not an English teacher)!

REF: Deeply Apologies

To whom this may concern,

On 23 September 2011, at Sacred Heart School of Chiang Mai has organized a sport day activity and it has been divided into groups of 7 different colors and among its various colors, there was the "Red" color group which was dressed up imitating some Nazi symbols. The purpose and motivation was to provide a sense of participation in much closer knowledge of being together for this particular "Red" color group. In fact, the main reason and desire behind of imitating some of these symbols was not to create any differences of damaging each individual image and identity.

We, the entire Sacred Heart School personal are deeply saddened by this incident which has caused much undesirable inconvenience. And we wish to extent our sincerity and our deepest regret towards all those who have provided us the utmost knowledge and are more aware of getting our teachers, staffs and students in fulfilling and realizing in the most respectful and civilize behavior in this society. We will be take more serious approach and provided more positive behavior for not creating any sure event in our school compound in anytime, anywhere.

We deeply and sincere apologies.

Yours respectfully,

Sr. Darunee Sripramong

Director of Sacred Heart School

Edited by uptheos

Why doesn't a western teacher at the school suggest showing a subtitled version of the film 'SCHINDLERS LIST' one afternoon(s) to the students. At least give them some idea of what went on.

Followed by a lighthearted Deborah Carr movie, to brighten things up.

Or maybe one with Yul Brynner in it, just to sort of even up the ignorance.

Why doesn't a western teacher at the school suggest showing a subtitled version of the film 'SCHINDLERS LIST' one afternoon(s) to the students. At least give them some idea of what went on.

Ooops

Edited by uptheos

Ooops

Kerr to elaborate. :D

If the contents of post #375 have been accurately conveyed then I think that the apology expressed by Dr.Sripramong, Director of Sacred Heart School, should be sufficient for the moderators to close this most unpleasant and exhausted thread.

I think we've all heard and learned enough.

Edited by SwaziBird

If the contents of post #375 have been accurately conveyed then I think that the apology expressed by Dr.Sripramong, Director of Sacred Heart School, should be sufficient for the moderators to close this most unpleasant and exhausted thread.

I think we've all heard and learned enough.

I agree but it's not much better in the News Clippings. ;)

//Closed as duplicate running topic//