Pm Yingluck Shinawatra Takes An Oath Against Corruption

Lite Beer

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

and where is the evidence that Thakin is corrupted ?

Law was passed by Thaksin's government. Facts of the case are in court reports. Primary piece of evidence was Thaksin's signature to the Land Dept allowing his wife to acquire land auctioned by a government controlled body.

Anyone who has ever been in thailand more than a week ought to know about the land deal, no doubt.

He gained extreme wealth during his time as a PM, which is not allowed as a public servant. A public servant serves the country, not themselves. How one could be so blind or uninformed not to know the corruption of this man is hard to fathom. He put shares offshore, and did it in the names of servants and drivers. God, could write a book on all the thing this this family has done.

If Yingluck promises no corruption, then she'll give all her not earned money back? Give it to the poor? Keep on setting an example by eating street and isarn food?

surely you can't be referring to yourself; the BoT is independent

If your statement is at all relevant, one would assume his lawyers would have raised it during the trial, or he might even have lodged an appeal. Instead, he tried the box of doughnuts route - grounds for another charge when he comes back.

and how did Thaksin benefit personally ?

If his wife buys land for half the market value in a rigged bid-contest that they, as a couple, can re-sell or exploit than by any and all definitions he will have benefited from the sale.

The exact reason why they have rules against elected officials doing deals with the government body they oversee.

Or you find nothing wrong with doing this?

is it imagination that the land price is under priced ?

you think your links represent a fair view of the land prices at that time ?

What we do know is that people that valuated the land put it at much higher price and that the land was later sold at a much higher price...

You are welcome to put forward anything that supports your assertion that the price was right.

Is it imagination that you have failed to contribute with anything but trite questions that have already been answered in the past?

Corruption - There is corruption rife in all countries the difference with Thailand is that is is often a clear and simple example of corruption. Here in the Uk it is dressed up in different ways - example, when a company wishes to build 300 houses on protected land a few meeting go on at a huge cost to the council involved,the corruption starts here, the land is agreed to no longer need protection as housing is needed, the land owner then offers various amounts to planners and local councils to build schools and give money to the council to build roads or doctors ect. Either way it lines the pockets of all the officials involved.

Same but different

What we do know is that people that valuated the land put it at much higher price and that the land was later sold at a much higher price...

show me the evidence

edit

valuation report based on fair value perhaps ?

Edited by sulasno

show me the evidence

edit

valuation report based on fair value perhaps ?

My lord...you are unable to google or search in the forum. Alright. You expect others to spend time searching down these things for you so you can write a one-liner to dismiss it and then ask for more...right.

How about you do your work yourself or prove that the price was fair and according to due market value?

Your opinion on the matter has no standing on any-ones life here so if you remain misinformed, so be it.

and thus you are unable to prove that the land was transacted below market prices

No, it has been proven. I am just unable to muster up the energy to do it again, just because you failed to read it last time or failed to read the news of what the land was recently sold for.

In other news, you have supplied no evidence that the price was in any shape or form fair.

what would you define as corruption ?

Thai caretaker Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra said on Saturday that corruption is quite normal in life and to be expected.

He told his weekly radio audience that most people will exploit any opportunities they can find to make extra money.

“It’s human nature to try to find loopholes. To cheat, to look for the weak spot in any system,” Thaksin said.

thanks for the quote

but still there is no implication that Thaksin himself is corrupted

Well he was found guilty by the Supreme Court. He had expressed prior to being found guilty that he had faith in the court and would abide by their decision. Perhaps it wasn't the decision he expected under his brother in law's governmnet? Well, that's just a miscalculation on his part. I think his policy corruption with respect to altering loan agreements to benefit his company and altering laws to enablw him to sell his company to a foreign company are further examples of policy corruption, but they have yet to be ejudicated because he fled the country (like a guilty person might).

Furthermore the guilty verdict from the Supreme Court was delivered over the course of several hours so that even the most obtuse and self deluded person could see the righteousness of how the verdict was arrived at.

Edited by lannarebirth

This topic is: Pm Yingluck Shinawatra Takes An Oath Against Corruption

The Prime Minister took an oath against corruption and stressed that her government placed great important on promoting good morals and transparency among all officials. She also said she would like to see the culture of honesty manifest in the Thai society.

Discussion about the above would be on topic to this thread while discussion of Thaksin Shinawatra and corruption would be another topic altogether.

Off topic posts will continue to be removed.

I really wish someone would show me evidence that Thaksin is corrupted

I think you've had more than enough posts saying the same thing over and over again. Please refrain from this kind of pointless posting, thanks. If you don't like the answers you are getting then there is no need to ask the question ad nauseam thanks.

Well he was found guilty by the Supreme Court. He had expressed prior to being found guilty that he had faith in the court and would abide by their decision. Perhaps it wasn't the decision he expected under his brother in law's governmnet? Well, that's just a miscalculation on his part. I think his policy corruption with respect to altering loan agreements to benefit his company and altering laws to enablw him to sell his company to a foreign company are further examples of policy corruption, but they have yet to be ejudicated because he fled the country (like a guilty person might).

Furthermore the guilty verdict from the Supreme Court was delivered over the course of several hours so that even the most obtuse and self deluded person could see the righteousness of how the verdict was arrived at.

As I have mentioned, the relationship between FIDF, BoT and the PM's Office was brought up in a discussion; and looking into the details it appears that the judgement was flawed;

as for the loan to Burma, the question is still whether he benefited personally regardless of whether his ex-corporations did (since he doesn't own 100% of his companies) ;altering the law to allow foreigners to own up to 49% was something required under the WTO;

I find it strange that the focus in on Thaksin AND not on the rest of those found guilty; there are 2 godfathers in Cambodia; what happened to the rubber case ? and what about the cases against Suthep ?

I know for a fact that corruption was reduced in the Customs and Revenue dept during his time; importers no longer have to pay tea money and corporations have to pay full taxes instead of reduce rates

if you compare the level of corruption in Asia, you may find that Indonesia and China are even worse

PM Yingluck start small by making ALL Taxis use meters in Thailand or face jail time.

Move on to tuk tuks.

Then jet ski mafia shut down.

That will prove to Thais you are serious.

Then clean house in the police.

Then take a pat on the back.

But you just made an oath...No action!

Edited by IAMSOBAD

what would you define as corruption ?

Well, to be pedantic try these. I believe one or more of these activities happens in Thailand every second.

corruption

Definition: dishonesty

Synonyms: breach of trust, bribery, bribing, crime, crookedness, demoralization, exploitation, extortion, fiddling, fraud, fraudulency, graft, jobbery, malfeasance, misrepresentation, nepotism, on the take, payoff, payola, profiteering, racket, shadiness, shady deal, shuffle, skimming, squeeze*, unscrupulousness, venality and let's not forget tea money, backhanders, under the table,

You have just described the entire government. Good job.