Where Can Thai People Go Without Visa?

Turkey is perfectly welcoming of Israelis, and there are three or four flights per day between Tel Aviv and Istanbul.

Visas for Thai citizens are there for the asking, with no hassles at all -- in Bangkok, at least. I'm not sure about the requirements for a Thai citizen applying for a visa from the embassy in Tel Aviv.

Istanbul is a fantastic city, and the rest of the country offers endless attractions from beaches to the ruins of ancient cities.

I can't recommend it highly enough.

yeah turkey was always the 'school's out' trip for our 18 year olds (the only trip overseas funded by the kibbutz) . but last year it was bulgaria and this year it is barcelona... because the kids go as a huge group and security + price = trip); and many friends have 'done' turkey. its just that this past year there was more tension then normal between the countries, at least for a while...

... anatolia ws the flavour of the year for a long time.. guess i will check it out also.... u speak as if uve been? would a thai male (from the villages) enjoy himself there? we dont do night life but do like nature, fishing, hanging out (and i would love to check out the sheep herding dogs but probably that wont be...)israelis love it,

... i enjoy everyting so i dont mind finding things that husband would enjoy since he is more dificult in the travel department. .(couch potato beer and food sort)

thanx for the input,

i will do some research...

bina

israel

• 2 weeks later...

To the OP, a Thai ID card can only be used for crossings with neighboring countries with very specific restrictions. Firstly, it only allows for travel in the region nearest to the crossing and only for either day trips or 3 day 2 night trips. Without a passport, your gf can not legally travel to Phnom Penh and if travelling overland from Poipet there is a police checkpoint about 20km inside the country where she would be questioned and possibly arrested without a valid passport, although in practice the police there don't check travel documents, but they could. So be warned. A passport eliminates all these problems and allows full access for Cambodia, plus it's visa free for 14 days for Thai nationals. An ID card only gives her a short stay on a border pass and this always costs money. A passport is therefore so much better.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I took Mrs Arkady to South Africa last year and she was questioned by the immigration officer on entry who seemed to be implying that she might be a hooker but no big deal. When I appeared from the next door counter the immigration officer seemed satisfied to see that she was travelling with a white husband and changed her tone immediately.

We also went to Mozambique overland and obtained visas at the Cape Town consulate beforehand, as advised by the travel agent organising the trip to Moz, who said it saves time and avoids flaky immigration officers at certain crossing or at certain times of day making up their own laws and deciding that Thais aren't eligible for visa on arrival. In the event we were the only people in the group who had bothered to get visas in advance and the Moz immigration were very friendly and I am sure there would have been not problem for either of us getting visas on arrival. However, getting the visas in Cape Town is very quick and easy, if you are there anyway and the consulate is right in the centre of town. Having the visa in advance does save quite a bit of time at the border but doesn't help much, if you have to wait for everyone else in your group.

Edited by 7by7
The gender and ethnicity of the IO is irrelevant and been removed. As has a paragraph bearing no relation to the topic.

A post on how to obtain Turkish visas has been removed.

This topic is titled 'Where Can Thai People Go Without (a) Visa?'

If you wish to post about your experiences in obtaining a visa for a country where Thai people do require a visa, please do so in another topic.

Thank you.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Now i am concerned as i was told that my Thai partner did not need a visa for 14 days to Vietnam.

Please, anybody, where does she stand, she has a current Thai passport.

It's 30 days visa free for Thai passport holders to Vietnam. Scandinavians and Russians get 15 days visa free in Vietnam.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I went to the Sri Lanka Airway office in Bangkok where I was told that EVERYONE, now, needed to apply online for any kind of visa

I am a bit surprised....does anyone have any updates about that ?

I appreciate that Sharm El Shiek is now saying that Thai nationals can get visa on arrival providing they are staying within the sinai area and their resort but the link is wikipedia which has no come back to it if it is wrong info so has anyone actually travelled there with their Thai partner and tested this out?

She is here on FLR which is due to run out in July 2013 and had UK ID card to show that along with her Thai passport of course.

I fancy a weeks worth of sun thumbsup.gif

I appreciate that Sharm El Shiek is now saying that Thai nationals can get visa on arrival providing they are staying within the sinai area and their resort but the link is wikipedia which has no come back to it if it is wrong info so has anyone actually travelled there with their Thai partner and tested this out?

She is here on FLR which is due to run out in July 2013 and had UK ID card to show that along with her Thai passport of course.

I fancy a weeks worth of sun thumbsup.gif

I will answer myself on this one....British citizen visa for Sharm El Shiek for spouse who is Thai with Thai passport

Dear sir,

Only British citizens can obtain upon arrival.

Your partner will need to go through a pre approval process before she can apply for a visa through us before her travels.

The process of section one requires you to provide the consulate with:

1) A photocopy of your passport

2) A filled out visa application form

3) 2 passport sized photographs(45mm x 35mm taken against a white background, with the name of the applicant written on the back)

There will be no required fee as of yet for this process.

You may provide these documents in person at the consulate or by mail.

Our opening hours are Monday- Friday, 9:30- 12:30.

This process takes between 2-6 weeks and we will contact you via sms once the application has been approved or denied.

Please see our website www.egyptianconsulate.co.uk under section 1 for details of the preapproval as well as opening hours.

Best Regards

Egyptian Consulate

This is a very useful link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visa_requirements_for_Thai_citizens

88 countries...the Thai passport is more useful than some people would have us believe.

Whilst wikipedia is a good source of general knowledge, it's only as good as the person providing the information, so I would advise against using as a definative guide for visa requirements.

As "norrona" has pointed out, Sharm El Shiek and wikipedia are saying that a Thai can travel to resorts in Sharm El Shiek visa free, this does not seem to be the case, I can only find evidence to indicate that this facility is only available to citizens of the UK, Europe and the US.

• 3 weeks later...

Many thanks to TheOldGit for above post, further on from that please find an email below to confirm thais do not travel on either visa free or visa on arrival....

Dear Sir/Madam,

With regards to your enquiry, kindly find below the reply:

Only those who hold a UK,EU or USA Passport are eligible for a free entry stamp.

You will need to submit a fee of £15 in cash if submitting your documents in person, or postal order if so by post.

Best Regards

Egyptian Consulate

For detailed information, kindly check our website:

www.egyptianconsulate.co.uk

Follow us on Twitter: www.twitter.com/egyptconsulatuk

Join us on Facebook: [email protected]

It is very sad that people are posting links to unstable websites and leading others to believe their unfounded and unproven posts when they have never had any personal experience in these matters let alone this topic being pinned and at the top of the page, I have already been mis-informed through these forums so now I do my own detective work on these things...I suggest if people haven't walked that path then do not post or comment on things.

Norrona

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I went to the Sri Lanka Airway office in Bangkok where I was told that EVERYONE, now, needed to apply online for any kind of visa

I am a bit surprised....does anyone have any updates about that ?

Although I haven't been there since I was a toddler, but I believe the Sri Lankans have imposed an electronic visa pre-travel registration requirement similar to the US and Australian systems for visa-free travel. You register online on the government website, a fee may or may not be payable and then you will be allowed to board your plane to Sri Lanka. Do a search and the Sri Lankan government website where you can register your details will come up.

• 3 weeks later...

havent read all the posts so sorry if someone has said this before but---------------------- If you go to Cambodis take US$ they would not accept Thai Baht or Cambodian Raeil (Hope I spelt that right) from me and I had to pay in $. Immigration that is.

They prefer $ anywhere in Cambodia so if you go there dont be conned into changing your $. You will get the local currency as change.

Edited by Robby nz

• 3 weeks later...

Going to Malaysia with my girlfriend next week. We are crossing by minibus from Hat Yai, crossing at Sadao or Padang Besar and then on to Penang.

She is Thai. She has a passport.

I assume that no other documentation is required.

Going to Malaysia with my girlfriend next week. We are crossing by minibus from Hat Yai, crossing at Sadao or Padang Besar and then on to Penang.

You assume correct.

Nothing else required - she is a citizen of a fellow ASEAN nation and I'm not aware of Malaysian Immigration targeting Thai nationals. I took my Thai ex to Singapore, Malaysia and Indonesia and she had no problems anywhere.