Where Can Thai People Go Without Visa?

Anyone know about Mexico?

And, since flights would go through the States, is a transit visa required? How difficult is that to obtain?

As I understand it, if a Thai holds a US visa valid for 90 days or more then they do not need a visa to visit Mexico. Otherwise, they do.

See here for how to apply etc.

Unfortunately, it appears that Thais do need a visa if transiting through the USA; even if they remain airside. See here.

Anyone know about Mexico?

And, since flights would go through the States, is a transit visa required? How difficult is that to obtain?

As I understand it, if a Thai holds a US visa valid for 90 days or more then they do not need a visa to visit Mexico. Otherwise, they do.

See here for how to apply etc.

Unfortunately, it appears that Thais do need a visa if transiting through the USA; even if they remain airside. See here.

Thanks. Looks straight forward, anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

Going to Malaysia with my girlfriend next week. We are crossing by minibus from Hat Yai, crossing at Sadao or Padang Besar and then on to Penang.

She is Thai. She has a passport.

I assume that no other documentation is required.

You assume correct.

Yes, indeed, it was very straightforward for a Thai to visit Malaysia on a Thai passport (rather than a border pass). She got 30 days; I got 90 days, no questions asked. We stayed 4 days as planned.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Next Month I am taking my Thai partner (travelling on Thai passport) to Singapore for 4 days holiday.

Older posts dating back 2 years say Thais will get a 30 day entry visa on arrival, is this still the case? Just would like to be 100% sure that there will be no problems.

Thank you.

• 3 weeks later...

Next Month I am taking my Thai partner (travelling on Thai passport) to Singapore for 4 days holiday.

Older posts dating back 2 years say Thais will get a 30 day entry visa on arrival, is this still the case? Just would like to be 100% sure that there will be no problems.

Sorry missed this, yes Thai nationals are allowed into Singapore for 30 days without a visa.

There have been some reports of Thai women being questioned regarding their stay, with some being refused entry, even when travelling with their partners, so be sure your partner has everything in order, return flights, hotels, purpose of visit etc.

• 4 weeks later...

Tricky question as I am getting conflicting informations from both official and unofficial parts.

My Thai spouse and I, EU citizen, intend to take a cruise in Europe for which there is no problems visa wise (4 year multiple short stay) buth the ship is stopping for a mere 11 hours in Montenegro

From article 5, Official Gazette of Montenegro No.82/08

(pursuant to Article 14 paragraph 2 of the Law on Foreigners and Article 18 of the Decree on the Government of Montenegro (Official Gazette of Montenegro No.80/08), the Government of Montenegro at its session held on 26 February 2009 )

Holders of travel documents containing a valid Schengen visa, a valid visa of the United States of America or a permission to stay in these countries, may enter and stay, i.e. pass through the territory of Montenegro up to seven days, and not longer than the expiry of visa, if the period of validity of visa is less than seven days.

I haven't got any reply from the Montenegrin Embassy and from I have read I still do not know whether this is still on

Can anyone confirm?

Thanks

The countries or regions that grant visa-free or visa-on-arrival to personal Thailand passport holders are:

• 90 days for all passport type.
    • Argentina
    • Brazil
    • Chile
    • Haiti
    • Panama (Visa on arrival at 5 USD maximum stay of 90 days)
    • Peru
    • Bermuda (Maximum stay of 6 months)
    • South Korea
    • Andorra
    • Switzerland (For a traveller with valid Schengen visa only)
    • Ethiopia (on arrival for a maximum stay of 3 months)
    • Kenya (Visa on arrival maximum stay of 3 months)
    • Madagascar (Visa on arrival at 28,000 MGA)
    • Fiji (Maximum stay 120 days)
    • Solomon Islands ("Visitors Permit" required, which can be obtained on arrival for a maximum stay of 3 months)
  • 60 days for all passport type.
·

• Nepal (Visa on arrival at 30 USD)
    • Samoa (Visa on arrival
  • 30 days for all passport type.
    • Armenia (on arrival)
    • Cambodia (Visa on arrival - tourist for $20, business for $25)
    • East Timor (Visa on arrival - $30)
    • Hong Kong
    • Indonesia
    • Laos
    • Macau
    • Malaysia
    • Maldives
    • Oman (Visa on arrival - 20 Omani rial)
    • Philippines
    • Russia
      • Transnistria
      • Abkhazia
      • South Ossetia
    • Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
    • Burkina Faso (on arrival)
    • Singapore
    • South Africa
    • Sri Lanka
    • Vietnam
    • Vanuatu (Extension of stay up to 4 months in any 1 year period possible)
    • Tuvalu (on arrival for a stay of max. one month)
    • Tonga (on arrival)
    • Rwanda (on arrival provided passenger has applied for a visa through the website www.migration.gov.rw)
    • Uganda
    • Zambia
    • Burundi
    • Cape Verde (on arrival)
    • Comoros
    • Djibouti
    • Mozambique
    • Seychelles free for 1 month
    • Tanzania
    • Togo on arrival for max. 7
    • Azerbaijan
    • Georgia
    • Tajikistan (on arrival)
    • Dominica for stay of max. 21 days.
    • Micronesia
    • Niue
    • Palau Islands on arrival for a stay of max. 30 days (extension possible).
    • Marshall Islands (on arrival)
    • Mongolia
  • 15 days for all passport type.
    • Bangladesh (Visa on arrival - $50, available at Zia Airport; diplomatic and official passport for 30-day visa-free)
  • 14 days for all passport type.
    • Brunei
    • Bahrain (Visa on arrival cost 5 Bahraini dinar)
  • Others
    • Iran (1 week Visa on arrival)
    • Jordan (Visa on arrival cost 10 Jordanian dinar)
    • Maldives (Visa on arrival - 30 days)
    • Papua New Guinea (Visa on arrival cost 100 PGK)
    • Syria (Visa on arrival - payment)
    • Togo (Visa on arrival - 7 days)

I agree with this list, thai peoples are going to visit this places by personal passport.

Hello Sam 789

The question was more about Thai citizens holding a multiple entry "C" category allowing them to come and go freely in he Schengen zone for 180 days per year (90 day maximum stay at a time )

Hey 7by7

Thanks for the search.

A couple of days ago I called the cruise.s reservation and was told that the ship would provide a " blanket visa" allowing passengers to get off the ship

I was not convinced as I had looked into the matter and noted that most ships would not deliver such a visa

I called again yesterday, the information desk, not the reservation: the answer was direct....no such a thing as a blanket visa and, regarding your suggestion, the agent clearly said that the ship was already in the country therefore everyone should have a visa

I suppose it works the same as for airlines: in doubt NO BOARDING. The only difference is that one stays stranded in the middle of nowhere, not talking about the losses .

This morning, I called the Montenegrin Embassy's visa section, and got a straight answer confirming hat holders of a Schengen Multiple were allowed to enter and stay for a maximum period of 7 days, according to the article you have mentioned

That clears the way for a nice trip

Thanks for the answers

I know that this not the thread but Croatia is part of Schengen since July the 1st and therefore could be added to the list

I know that this not the thread but Croatia is part of Schengen since July the 1st and therefore could be added to the list

Croatia is not part of Schengen yet, but they are required to join in due course. However if a person has a C or D Schengen Visa valid for the duration of a proposed stay in Croatia, then that can be used in lieu of a Croatian Visa.

Ooops, sorry I meant that Croatia became the 28th member state of the European Union on 1 July 2013., and has not joined Schengen.

You are right, the Schengen visa suffices to enter and stay in Croatia for the duration of its validity

Sorry missed this, yes Thai nationals are allowed into Singapore for 30 days without a visa.

There have been some reports of Thai women being questioned regarding their stay, with some being refused entry, even when travelling with their partners, so be sure your partner has everything in order, return flights, hotels, purpose of visit etc.

We are back from this trip and I can confirm that a 30 days entry was granted to my Thai partner.

There was a minor hiccup though, she had been previously married and had a Thai passport under a different name a few years back. I filled in her immigration form as her eyesight is not so good and I completely forgot about the other name and passport and marked her arrival card as not having a passport with different name previously. This came up and the officer wanted to see the previous passport as ID, we did not have it. He then asked for other ID and she produced her Thai ID card. Then I explained that she has long divorced the previous Thai man and the officer granted her entry. I asked him what can I do to make the process easier in the future and he said to just bring the old passport as well. This might not have been an issue if I didn't mark her arrival card incorrectly in the first place.

As for hotel bookings and return airfares this was not asked for. They are generally friendly and understanding officers and granted her stay without much fuss. Good work Singapore Customs.wai.gif

• 2 weeks later...

What a fantastic list, so the misses can fly from London - Maldives, then Maldives - London with no Visa requirements ??? Has anybody out there done this journey ???

After the wife gets her ILR UK wai.gif , I see about booking a flight to the Maldives for a little holiday,

Alan smile.png

We went on Safari to Zambia and both got visas on arrival. Mine cost $50 US and her's was $5 US or it might have been $8US, I went there another time with my son and they wanted $56 each and demand cash and never have any change.

Nicarauga $5 on arrival.

We used to get visas [in BKK] for Mexico double entry 6 months - it was actualy 2 entries within 6 months be we played dumb, went to Managua on day 179 and came back and they bought our story. Next year I was short on miles so we drove to Nuevo Laredo and I walked across the bridge to the US side and asked if they would just stamp the Thai passports and we'd walk back never having really entered. To my great surprise they had no problem with it but family had to be there in person. By the time we all got back over the shift had changed and the next agent stamped. We then drove 5hrs to the Gulf Coast and "re-entered" there [ sort of walking backwards across the bridge ] Mexican Immigraton agent asked where we had entered and we responded 'Laredo' then showed stamps and we were back "in" having never left

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I always thought that Thai people could go to Cuba and get a visa on arrival where as, someone from the UL needs to apply for a visa before travel, am i right on this.

I went to Cuba a few years ago and i would go back tomorrow, so it would be great to take my wife in the near future.

malc

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

As anyone taken their Thai partner to Cuba?

Its somewhere that i would like to take my wife, but having been there once before and the system that they have at immigration where you have to go through a small cubical with a door at either end, i feel that if you dont have the correct documents, you would be thrown in jail.

Its a very nice country, But very strict