Apparently This Girl Is Causing Quite A Stir, I Wonder Why ?

tigerfish

She's not a bad singer....just for listening...

But as far as the performance, it looks like she did her training right here in BKK, perhaps on one of the Soi Cowboy stages...

I think this article is about the same girl/woman....

http://bk.asia-city.com/events/article/interview-nongpanee-mahadthai

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

She's not a bad singer....just for listening...

But as far as the performance, it looks like she did her training right here in BKK, perhaps on one of the Soi Cowboy stages...

I think this article is about the same girl/woman....

http://bk.asia-city....panee-mahadthai

That link made my boring afternoon, and the Thais lads in the office all a bit excited, she is tidy :D thanks

Shame she has such an attitude like this....as per her interview...

'Being rich is better. The rich are always right—they have money and friends. Even when girls are discussing boys who are flirting with them, they ask, “What car does he drive?”'

seen her perform while waiting for a real singer to appear, bit of a novelty act. Most of the crowd seemed rather embarrassed with one or two mutterings of disgusting. The act I saw was worse than this vid. There are others doing the same sort of act, rather sad in my opinion, this sort of sideshow only tarnishes Thai culture.

'Being rich is better. The rich are always right—they have money and friends. Even when girls are discussing boys who are flirting with them, they ask, "What car does he drive?"'

I have found majority of Thai people to be very money orientated. She does state that she comes from a poor family, so I guess she longs to have money in her life for security.

I showed this to a few Thai friends of mine, both male and female and most of them were disgusted. They said she looks like she should belong in a hooker bar, not on stage! It is quite tarnishing to Thai culture but I guess the influence of Western media has not helped this.

'Being rich is better. The rich are always right—they have money and friends. Even when girls are discussing boys who are flirting with them, they ask, "What car does he drive?"'

I don't know where to find these girls. It's possible my personality is fail of course, but there is very little genuine correlation between having money and generating genuine interest. It's disappointing, quite frankly - but exceptionally cute girls just aren't that materialistic. Maybe the really demented ones, but I imagine they get filtered out earlier in whatever process is going on in my scattered drunk mind.

More's the pity, and I would like a refund on decades of study / work. I'm talking to you, Society. Hmm?

seen her perform while waiting for a real singer to appear, bit of a novelty act. Most of the crowd seemed rather embarrassed with one or two mutterings of disgusting. The act I saw was worse than this vid. There are others doing the same sort of act, rather sad in my opinion, this sort of sideshow only tarnishes Thai culture.

I read this before watching the video and thought jerk.gifbut I just watched the video. And I couldn't agree more.

I must be missing something? This seems painfully gutter no? Six year old flashback images of a ping pong show spring to mind. Where is the 'creativity' or...the attraction? Thais can do a lot better than this, I have seen countless examples.

What I'm unsure about, is whether this can even be done worse. Or is that...the point?

I don't know where to find these girls. It's possible my personality is fail of course, but there is very little genuine correlation between having money and generating genuine interest. It's disappointing, quite frankly - but exceptionally cute girls just aren't that materialistic. Maybe the really demented ones, but I imagine they get filtered out earlier in whatever process is going on in my scattered drunk mind.

More's the pity, and I would like a refund on decades of study / work. I'm talking to you, Society. Hmm?

I read this before watching the video and thought jerk.gifbut I just watched the video. And I couldn't agree more.

I must be missing something? This seems painfully gutter no? Six year old flashback images of a ping pong show spring to mind. Where is the 'creativity' or...the attraction? Thais can do a lot better than this, I have seen countless examples.

What I'm unsure about, is whether this can even be done worse. Or is that...the point?

The point is what she is singing. Ask someone who speaks Thai what itchy ear is slang for.

For being done worse, well depends on your point of view,

IMHO, this version is bettered by the version to be found on the RH side of the screen when you open this link,

its the one third from the top, and says in English, Turbo Music MPG.

All I can say is good for her. If you don't like it don't watch it. She's a cute young girl with a not bad voice, but nothing great. And, she has found a market to make some money without hurting anyone. Whether people like it or not, sex sells just about everything.

I want those who have written nasty comments to meet me face to face and see how I really am.

Sigh. I suppose it's unfair to harshly judge her without at least giving her a chance to make her point of view. As a point of procedure though, do I have to write a nasty comment first or...

I don't really think it's called for. But if that's the stated procedure, I'm not going to try and change bureaucracy.

All I can say is good for her. If you don't like it don't watch it. She's a cute young girl with a not bad voice, but nothing great. And, she has found a market to make some money without hurting anyone. Whether people like it or not, sex sells just about everything.

Sir, I hope my comments were not taken too literally. You may not remember me, but I'm a prolific social commentator who dabbles in Culture (when Society affords some leisure time). I was merely expressing this particular style rubbed me the wrong way. But then I am a prude, of sorts. This is not to be confused with someone who necessary declines; as a guest in this country, if a girl wants to ooh and ahh on stage or anywhere, I will never ban her. Indeed, I am not altogether uncertain whether or not these young performers should receive state funding, in order to more fully explore their preferred styles.

But then I'm no fancy Minister of Culture, who may or may not be aware of what country he is in.

But really, this whole banning nonsense. Who bans anyone. I am peculiar and particular, but I do not consider my preferences so superior that I would ban the preferences of others. I do think it's important to ensure the youth of today get as wide an exposure to the Arts as possible; I was merely expressing a preference for a similar, but less 'suggestive', form of musical expression. But the only people who should ever be banned, are those who would ban. I thought the world had accepted that truth as something close to a default policy for awhile, and then I woke up and realised I was an idiot.

I'm no prude either, but I wonder about a very young-looking girl with braces gyrating on stage and making movements that she's about to masterbate. OK for Soi Cowboy, not for a mainstream concert IMHO.

I agree that she's not hurting anyone except perhaps her own dignity, but then the biggest loss of face might be that it was actually a bit boring after a short time.

I'm no prude either, but I wonder about a very young-looking girl with braces gyrating on stage and making movements that she's about to masterbate. OK for Soi Cowboy, not for a mainstream concert IMHO.

I agree that she's not hurting anyone except perhaps her own dignity, but then the biggest loss of face might be that it was actually a bit boring after a short time.

You may be missing the fact that the song is about her pussy.

You may be missing the fact that the song is about her pussy.

Yes, and if she takes care of "it", it will take care of her until she has enough money in the bank to choose some other career. The education department of Thailand is so poor that having money is about the only commodity that means anything.

But really, this whole banning nonsense. Who bans anyone. I am peculiar and particular, but I do not consider my preferences so superior that I would ban the preferences of others. I do think it's important to ensure the youth of today get as wide an exposure to the Arts as possible; I was merely expressing a preference for a similar, but less 'suggestive', form of musical expression. But the only people who should ever be banned, are those who would ban. I thought the world had accepted that truth as something close to a default policy for awhile, and then I woke up and realised I was an idiot.

I think maybe you wanted to post this on the children's parade thread.

SC

Edit: I hope I have not misattributed this...

SC

It's highly possible. I quite enjoy reading what I Know I didn't write, but then this phenomenon has been occuring for years. I personally feel immensely proud, at threading the needle of coherency as well as I manage, but then I get these nightmarish flashbacks of 'masterpieces' (10,000 word submissions, with 300-400 90% tangents I forgot to cycle back and close out, because I am the world's worst writer - god I'd love to blame it on alcohol, but that would be too convenient). And with a cringe through the blur, terrified that I might not have thought better of submitting, before passing out..I invariably sigh in relief, because apparently I did. Every time. I just have that good judgement, I guess, when I cannot see the screen.

Or the finest editors in all of history, but then I've been horribly lame in complaining about moderation in the past. They could do a bit more, quite frankly. But then I appreciate they probably feel saving my face isn't their day job. We'll have to agree, to disagree.

But I think the above was referencing the posted article...

I was frightened when I found out that the Ministry of Culture was considering banning me from performing. I personally feel that I haven't done anything wrong. It's just performance. Others have done much more nudity and no one says anything.

She seems to have some cute ideas, about laws and stuff. Like equality. Clearly still a child. So childish, really...the purity of her logic.

I like tall guys who spoil me. I am independent.

Of course, logic can be a hit and miss affair.

SC

It's highly possible. I quite enjoy reading what I Know I didn't write, but then this phenomenon has been occuring for years. I personally feel immensely proud, at threading the needle of coherency as well as I manage, but then I get these nightmarish flashbacks of 'masterpieces' (10,000 word submissions, with 300-400 90% tangents I forgot to cycle back and close out, because I am the world's worst writer - god I'd love to blame it on alcohol, but that would be too convenient). And with a cringe through the blur, terrified that I might not have thought better of submitting, before passing out..I invariably sigh in relief, because apparently I did. Every time. I just have that good judgement, I guess, when I cannot see the screen.

Or the finest editors in all of history, but then I've been horribly lame in complaining about moderation in the past. They could do a bit more, quite frankly. But then I appreciate they probably feel saving my face isn't their day job. We'll have to agree, to disagree.

But I think the above was referencing the posted article...

I was frightened when I found out that the Ministry of Culture was considering banning me from performing. I personally feel that I haven't done anything wrong. It's just performance. Others have done much more nudity and no one says anything.

The children dressing up in parades thread (http://www.thaivisa....__fromsearch__1 ) is also about people dictating what other people should do or not do - in that case, with the more sinister aim of directing their prejudices and political aspirations in a particular direction.

I think any legislation or ruling which is brought about through shock and outrage is likely to be dangerous, since it may be less likely to be subjected to a proper risk assessment; it will be reviewed from the perspective of addressing the current outrage rather than considering the risk of future abuse or mis-use of the regulation.

SC

The children dressing up in parades thread (http://www.thaivisa....__fromsearch__1 ) is also about people dictating what other people should do or not do - in that case, with the more sinister aim of directing their prejudices and political aspirations in a particular direction.

I think any legislation or ruling which is brought about through shock and outrage is likely to be dangerous, since it may be less likely to be subjected to a proper risk assessment; it will be reviewed from the perspective of addressing the current outrage rather than considering the risk of future abuse or mis-use of the regulation.

SC

good heavens. I'm glad I missed that one. Apparently ThaiVisa could really use some dress-up parties, as most of us haven't been to one, it seems. I know I probably offended some people when I attended a "Whores and Pimps" themed party. It wouldn't have been any pimps, though. We should probably also ban Halloween. And gingas, though I'm not sure that is relevant so much as just tight preventative planning / foresight.

But your insightful comments regarding emotion are well stated. I see you are someone who has solved...the game of politics. I don't mind when politicians do it, but the media creep me out when they dabble daily in that game. The one where they're dressed up as Sophie, persecuted and forced into untenable positions which require cliches no one questions, like the inherent value in "freedoms of the press". Of course they are the Nazis who arbitrarily present us all with our 'options', to 'choose' from.

We are Sophie. And we always will be.

But yes, I mean your fears - whilst phrased more delicately that I could manage - aren't exactly hypothetical. It's an exploitability that isn't coincidental, tugging the strings of emotions in ways that make us all look like moronic puppets. In another thread, I just read about a lot of people who shared a sentiment that a 14 year old child who was carrying some weed in Indonesia, deserved to have his live ruined at the hands of the state. I think stoners are morons, but mostly because they laugh at things that aren't funny, and don't repay petty loans I give them. I'm not sure they should get raped and beaten and forgotten about, in prisons just for that.

And if it's for some other crime, it's yet to be explained to me. People are hilarious, when they are being victimised, and they - think - they are doing the persecuting. Nixon needed another war after Vietnam, and a horrified American public made that impossible - understandably, on account of napalm images and children being burned alive and kids coming home in body bags by the Arlingtons. So Nixon gave them something to be horrified about. They've been horrified ever since. In escalation. I think they deserved it, quite frankly. It's funny when the dictated to, think they can dictate. Politicians must war, so Nixon just started a domestic one. They've been winning it for 40 years, and the joke - as always - is on those who can be toyed with, emotionally. Purely coincidentally, I'm sure. And that's probably insight uncomfortably on the wrong side of acceptable, right there.

But yeah, if you need some guys to die for cloth, I can tell you what you need to do. They'll even shake their heads, in disappointment at their children. For frying their brains into eggs, when everyone knows...maybe prison and rape are what they need, dear. What more could we have done?

lolz it doesn't need to make sense, they'll even pick up the tab for the media buys, which convince them. To pick up the ever-escalating tabs for the increasingly-ambitious budgets, which throws fuel on a fire - which obviously needs more fuel. Who has time to think, at such a time. The treatment of Thaksin's dabbling in throwing fuel onto that fire, was always a bit silly. 2000 yes. To go with the 2 million, who die more painfully.

But what could the world do. Scientist Nixon said brains were being fried sunny-side-up like eggs, it'll be anarchy! Let's build prisons, preventatively. All great stuff, good for a laugh.

Meanwhile, Malboros are fine, of course - probably even good for you.

51441482042634324.gif

The moral of the story is, obviously - the Nazis are clearly still relevant. When emotional budgeting.

Also, should those in power want to start a war in Iraq or Lybia...for christ's sake, just let them. You don't want them frustrated, domestically. They will turn on you.

But I'm a raving loon, obviously. I appreciate that you all made a choice, at a recent election, from options given to you to choose from. Democracy? No, that's cool. I'm mistaken, clearly. And this is my incoherency, obviously. Whatever you do, don't get emotional at me, please! I'm not worth your valuable strings.