Fino Performance Parts (Big Bore Kit, Etc)?

roban

Hi,

I am looking for a shop, where I can get performance parts for my 2011 Fino.

1. big bore kit ~140-150cc

2. bigger front disk brake

3. maybe a performance exhaust

4. carburetor for the increased cc's

Shops in BKK/Pattaya are ok.

Or even online ordering.

I found www.aseanmoto.com already, but their website seems to be "under construction"

Thanks in advance.

well in Pattaya there are a few.. only one i know from visiting is near soi Diana. if you are in soi D with 2nd rd behind you go to the x roads and turn right then the shop is along on the right..you can't miss it as it has scooter panels hanging on the wall and outside there is normally a selection of bikes that have been blinged etc

I think the owner is Malaysian so he speaks good English.

Edited by thaicbr

well in Pattaya there are a few.. only one i know from visiting is near soi Diana. if you are in soi D with 2nd rd behind you go to the x roads and turn right then the shop is along on the right..you can't miss it as it has scooter panels hanging on the wall and outside there is normally a selection of bikes that have been blinged etc

I think the owner is Malaysian so he speaks good English

thanks, I will check it out tomorrow.

A second hand CBR would have been cheaper and more power. What's the point in buying a Fino and then realise that it does not have the power of a "sport bike"?

If everyone would think like you, we wouldn't have all the famous tuning shops like Brabus, Cosworth, etc..

I have a "real" bike already (but not an underpowered CBR 150/250) ..;)

I bought a packet of three Finos (9-11 months old).

I will sell two of them later.

But one of them, is just a "fun project"...kaochai?

Edited by roban

let us know how you get on anyway

it would be cool to have a old style fino leaving people for dust at the lights :)

il probably do the same thing to my elegance ,just for entertainment in a couple of months

theres a lot of info on the malaysian forums about modified yamaha scooters which might give you some ideas

it would be cool to have a old style fino leaving people for dust at the lights :)

il probably do the same thing to my elegance ,just for entertainment in a couple of months

theres a lot of info on the malaysian forums about modified yamaha scooters which might give you some ideas

I was inspired by this article.

And yes, I will keep you up to date :)

Today, I had no time, because I had workers in my shophouse, who must be controlled all the time..:annoyed:

BUT, I've found another (maybe) good source in BKK:

Pranom Racing, seems to be a really big store.

Their "new" website is a little bit messy, some links don't work yet, but their shop is maybe worth a visit.

"just for entertainment"

well, thats exactly the point! Seems that some people are a little bit "uninspired"

Edited by roban

I was inspired by this article.

And yes, I will keep you up to date :)

Today, I had no time, because I had workers in my shophouse, who must be controlled all the time..:annoyed:

BUT, I've found another (maybe) good source in BKK:

Pranom Racing, seems to be a really big store.

Their "new" website is a little bit messy, some links don't work yet, but their shop is maybe worth a visit.

"just for entertainment"

well, thats exactly the point! Seems that some people are a little bit "uninspired"

anything that can work on a fino should also work on a mio or a nouvo

i dont think top end speed should necessarily be increased because mine already doesnt feel too safe over 110+ (especially in a cross wind over rama bridge etc )so i wouldnt like to try it at 120-140

faster acceleration when the light goes green would be cool though B)

HiSpeedPiston

You'll have to think in millimetres of bore not cc's but they have most of what you need.

yepp, thats's exactly the kind of shop, I am looking for!

They have a cylinder with a bore of 61mm.

This results in a capacity of ~169 cc!B), if I counted correctly.

In combination with a decent carb and muffler ..... well, should be enough power..:D.

Not sure about the compression ratio, but I think they sell the matching piston for this cylinder.

And, as mentioned before, the acceleration is the point, not the top end speed.

Edited by roban

The key to convenience would be to find out what size you can go to without having to machine the crankcase. Maybe not 61mm but...

I believe there is a lot to be said for going local so if you can find a shop in Pattaya that you trust and doesn't try to gouge you.

Also as I discovered in Indonesia sourcing gaskets can be more difficult that the other parts, which are simply machined to suit.

Edited by VocalNeal

I have access to all the stuff you need, let me know if you need parts.

To do it right you'll need to enlarge the ports and valves also, worry about the exhaust afterwards.

To do it right you'll need to enlarge the ports and valves also, worry about the exhaust afterwards.

And don't forget, a new camshaft so the engine can take advantage of the larger valves and ports. :)

If you want, you can send me a PM with details/price

cylinder, piston, carb..thanks in advance

To do it right you'll need to enlarge the ports and valves also, worry about the exhaust afterwards
And don't forget, a new camshaft so the engine can take advantage of the larger valves and ports. smile.gif

Agree....but,

I don't want to convert it in to a racing bike, just a little bit extra power and torque. ;)

(reminds me of the good old days, when we swapped only the 2.0 l M20 cylinder block with the 2.7 eta Block in our BMW's E30/34.)

So, a big bore kit and larger carb/exaust should be ok so far.

But I saw, "hispeedpiston" sells heads with larger valves and cams too (The price would still be interesting).

Edited by roban

Why don't you just keep it simple for now and go with different rollers in the variator and a bigger carb? If thats not enough then go for the bore up. Try running an NGK platinum plug and CDI.

I was going to do a big bore and cams on my bike, but decided to go with external, reverseable mods first to see what could be accomplished, so far its about the equivalent of a 25cc increase in displacement with better response and torque. I'm 75% happy now, but still haven't done the carb or exhaust.

There's so many fake NSR carbs its virtually impossible to tell which ones are genuine, might as well spend an extra 1k baht and get a flatslide. Even dealers sell fakes as genuine. NSR carbs should be 30mm, but every carb i measure is only 28.5mm and thats including the one purchased from a dealer last year.

Fakes are 600 baht, supposed genuine ones are 1600 baht...but you'll never be able to tell them apart. Then there are fakes with genuine bodies and fake inside parts. Fark !

Why don't you just keep it simple for now and go with different rollers in the variator and a bigger carb? If thats not enough then go for the bore up. ....

"There is no replacement for displacement, except more displacement" (correct english ?)

In german: Hubraum ist durch nichts zu ersetzen, ausser durch noch mehr Hubraum..:D