Kiwi Executive Drugged By Pattaya Lady In Naklua Resort

Rimmer

This bloke is a complete tool. In the unlikely event of this happening to me I'd be telling no one and employing a bit of creativity in my reasoning for a large hole in the bank account.

true, but i dont think alot of these people know that by reporting that you have been robbed by a lady of the night, or even worsted been ' bumed ' by a ladyboy and had everything stolen , that you will infact be front page news of the local paper, and your name, passport details, what job you do will be plastered over the internet....

do they even get a say over this?

I didn't see any photos of him dressed like a tramp. The only shot I saw of him was in a tshirt and shorts, isn't that normal garb for Patts?

More than just normal; it's the uniform.

I'm a bit suspicious of any farang in trousers in Pattaya: they always seem to be trying to sell me something (usually a company-name 30sqm studio near Sukumvit for "only" 3MB), or working for some foreign government agency.

I didn't see any photos of him dressed like a tramp. The only shot I saw of him was in a tshirt and shorts, isn't that normal garb for Patts?

I'm a bit suspicious of any farang in trousers in Pattaya: they always seem to be trying to sell me something (usually a company-name 30sqm studio near Sukumvit for "only" 3MB), or working for some foreign government agency.

Sandals and black socks are also widely worn by many, I possess neither, and if I did they certainly wouldnt be worn at the same time.

What some may consider the height of sartorial elegance is no concern of mine.

However for a so called exectutive to be dressed in nothing more than normal Thai beach attire, in fact i have seen better dressed Thais on the beach, may well be down to the standard of Thai newspaper reporting.

In a land where appearance is everything, and for not too much money and effort its not that hard to appear half decent, its no wonder many have to fly half way round the world to engage in the company of the opposite sex, no dress sense, no pride in their appearance, bar girls may well be the only company they can attract.

As for the uniform, the farang hair styles such as mullets, Bobby Charlton style comb overs, and the pony tail (usually the longer the pony tail the less hair at the front) may well be uniform, but the wearer still looks like a <deleted>. Never mind in the fantasy make believe world of Pattaya a few purple ones make everything alright, even Quasimodo can appear hansum if the price is right.

This bloke is a complete tool. In the unlikely event of this happening to me I'd be telling no one and employing a bit of creativity in my reasoning for a large hole in the bank account.

true, but i dont think alot of these people know that by reporting that you have been robbed by a lady of the night, or even worsted been ' bumed ' by a ladyboy and had everything stolen , that you will infact be front page news of the local paper, and your name, passport details, what job you do will be plastered over the internet....

I think bummed has 2 m's in it :rolleyes:

I had a minor run-in with the police last year. I was very drunk (surprise, surprise) and made a bit of a spectacle of myself. Police confiscated my passort, took me in and I spent a very unpleasant night in the Soi 9 cells.

Next day, very sober and very contrite they let me off with a warning (after I paid a rather large fine). Anyway, the thing I was most relieved about was that it didn't end up in one of the local papers or on Pattaya TV. I would have been mortified and would have done just about anything to avoid the indignity of that.

Simon

Sandals and black socks are also widely worn by many, I possess neither, and if I did they certainly wouldnt be worn at the same time.

What some may consider the height of sartorial elegance is no concern of mine.

However for a so called exectutive to be dressed in nothing more than normal Thai beach attire, in fact i have seen better dressed Thais on the beach, may well be down to the standard of Thai newspaper reporting.

In a land where appearance is everything, and for not too much money and effort its not that hard to appear half decent, its no wonder many have to fly half way round the world to engage in the company of the opposite sex, no dress sense, no pride in their appearance, bar girls may well be the only company they can attract.

As for the uniform, the farang hair styles such as mullets, Bobby Charlton style comb overs, and the pony tail (usually the longer the pony tail the less hair at the front) may well be uniform, but the wearer still looks like a <deleted>. Never mind in the fantasy make believe world of Pattaya a few purple ones make everything alright, even Quasimodo can appear hansum if the price is right.

I couldn't disagree more.

I think Darrel is right on this: when going to and from the beach I see no reason why long shorts, T-shirts and flip-flops shouldn't suffice (all clean of course). Formal occasions, restaurants, government offices, flights etc are a different matter but Pattaya is a beach resort first and foremost.

I think bummed has 2 m's in it :rolleyes:

I had a minor run-in with the police last year. I was very drunk (surprise, surprise) and made a bit of a spectacle of myself. Police confiscated my passort, took me in and I spent a very unpleasant night in the Soi 9 cells.

Next day, very sober and very contrite they let me off with a warning (after I paid a rather large fine). Anyway, the thing I was most relieved about was that it didn't end up in one of the local papers or on Pattaya TV. I would have been mortified and would have done just about anything to avoid the indignity of that.

Simon

i think you will find Passport has a P in it :whistling:

I'm a bit courious about the $960 long sleeve jacket?

Why ? NZ$ 960 is approximately US$ 730 - Not an unfeasible price for a jacket of any kind...

Better re-read the news report. It said " ..a long sleeve black jacket worth 960 USD." Seems a bit steep (for me) but again I guess it depends on the material and the "Name brand".