Van Collides With Electric Post

Rimmer

Van Collides with Electric Post

Hue Yai:-- Sawang Boriboon volunteers were called out on Thursday morning to attend to a road accident involving a Isuzu van. At the scene in Huay Yai they came upon the van which had smashed into a roadside electric post that on impact broke and fell onto the vehicle causing head injuries to the driver and passenger. They were given first aid and sent to the nearest hospital and an investigation with eye witnesses is now underway as to the cause of the accident.

Picture and VDO HERE

--PATTAYA PEOPLE 2011-10-03

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

What the article did not say is that the impact of the pole was so great that it brought down three more High Tension poles, all the telephone lines and the new TOT internet cable.

It also closed the road and cut off power to Hue Yai, Ban Ampur and Wat yaan also I believe Bang Saray.

Power in some of the areas was off from 7.15 in the evening until 2.30 in the morning. Internet was restored the following day during the afternoon.

Here is a couple of pictures I took.

post-22250-0-97267500-1317635482_thumb.j

post-22250-0-94921300-1317635576_thumb.j

I should have taken pictures of the mess on the road it looked like a bomb had gone off, there was broken poles, cables, fuses and porcelain insulators all over the road.