Tyre Pressures

monty1412

Both general and specific question.

I know from years of driving a car that higher pressures in tyres gives less wear and better performance traded off against ride comfort. What about bikes and in specific what tyre pressures for mainly BKK riding and a little highway work would one recommends for Honda CBR250R.

Im running them at 33 psi at present and notice that it feels a little slippy on white lines and divider areas... is lower than this recommended.

Dont care re tyre wear and or economy rather optimum pressure for safety/ comfort.

I know this is probably the most boring question ever asked on board but responses appreciated.

Rgds

better quality rubber seems to be answer ............a good quality set of pirelli or michelin branded tyres feels much safer than stock tyres but i can understand you may not want to throw a brand new set of tyres in the bin

if they are too slippery in the wet drop them down a few psi and you will get much better grip + better braking although they will wear out a bit faster

With the stock tyres I run 33 Front and 30 Back. In the dry it's OK, but I haven't spent a lot of time riding in the wet. When I do ride in the wet I take it easy cos I hate cornering when there are steel manhole covers on the road.

29 front and back.

Play around and see what you like.

I went up to 32 and didn't like it. Too much wide-drifting when cornering.

Thanks to all, I think Ill go with the 29 back and front option.... agree entirely that the stell manhole covers are a night mare.. there is one on S soi 22 just on apex of corner as you turn in from s that is a <deleted> nightmare... i corner there like a grannie with an A frame.

29 front and back.

Thanks to all, I think Ill go with the 29 back and front option.... agree entirely that the stell manhole covers are a night mare.. there is one on S soi 22 just on apex of corner as you turn in from s that is a <deleted> nightmare... i corner there like a grannie with an A frame.

Monty looks like you are having fun with the cbr; glad to hear :)

29 front and back.

Monty looks like you are having fun with the cbr; glad to hear :)

Hili, the bike is a blast.. the guy I bought it from set it up really nice ha ha.. hired a stock one in pattaya recently and it didn't feel half as good, more clunky and noisy, probably bit abused seeing its a rental but the Cbr250R you set up is a gem. Im going to ask if you'll do the same job on the cbr400Rr if i pay for parts and your time. I can see it may need your touch. Cheers.. how the e6N doing ??