Ups Tracking Delivery Signed For.

McGarty

My ATM card arrives tomorrow. But 0ver £50 to have it sent from the UK !! Less than 0.5 KG letter with up to 3 day delivery. That hurts for a letter. There were cheaper prices but looking into those they had a whopping 17% fuel surcharge to add on making them more expensive. I'll not be doing that in the near future if I can help it.

I've been receiving bank statements from the UK without the slightest problem here. Regular cheapest airmail stamp. Average delay about 5 days.

GBP50 for a credit card letter via UPS seems absurdly high.

Royal Mail International signed-for with GBP500 compensation would have cost GBP9.52 for 100g. 5-day delivery.

In the future you can always send it by regular post at a fraction of the price and take only slightly longer to arrive,somewhere in the range of ...............never.:D

Janverbeem ,that is total and utter nonsense

i have things arrive from UK by Royal Mail ''international to be signed for service'' without any problems

it costs £5-7 pounds and the delivery time is 7-10 days

i recently received a new security key pad from HSBC for my internet banking and a watch my friend wanted fixing

also some medical materials i bought on Ebay

the packets were not opened, not taxed, and let me say this again.....................no problems !!

Edited by timekeeper

I've been receiving bank statements from the UK without the slightest problem here. Regular cheapest airmail stamp. Average delay about 5 days.

Couldn't agree more. My NatWest mail arrives in about 5-6 days by air. Not lost anything yet.

I have to say I was a bit surprised at how quickly these letters arrive.

Simon

In the future you can always send it by regular post at a fraction of the price and take only slightly longer to arrive,somewhere in the range of ...............never.:D

i have things arrive from UK by Royal Mail ''international to be signed for service'' without any problems

i recently received a new security key pad from HSBC for my internet banking and a watch my friend wanted fixing

the packets were not opened, not taxed, and let me say this again.....................no problems !!

Ok,next you gonne say that there are no problems with Thai post and that things don't go missing if the enveloppe feels as having things inside that could be of value.

I'm sure you also don't remember the huge pile of post they burned at Pattaya post office a number of years ago,simply because they hadn't enough room to stock it anymore due to the songkran holidays.

Ok,next you gonne say that there are no problems with Thai post and that things don't go missing if the enveloppe feels as having things inside that could be of value.

I'm sure you also don't remember the huge pile of post they burned at Pattaya post office a number of years ago,simply because they hadn't enough room to stock it anymore due to the songkran holidays.

i am going to say there have been no problems with my Thai post at this address of 3 years nor at my last one of 5 years

i am also going to say that i have not had the experience of things going missing if they felt like something in the envelope could be of value

i would also say that if something had gone missing from inside an envelope prior to you receiving it , how would you know when, where, and how it actually allegedly went missing? or if it was ever there at all?

it may have been an Action Man deserter .........

i am also going to say i am sure that i DO remember bar room rumors of the burning of postal items but read no official reports of it and as i did not lose anything then i chose not to worry about or believe the story as was told

especially as the burning supposedly occurred during songkran HOLIDAYS

how do you think the stock kept building up until there was ''no room to stock it'' as it was HOLIDAYS and the Post Office would have been closed for HOLIDAYS.....?

anything else you would like me to say?

apart from goodbye and leave you alone...........

Edited by timekeeper

You could go digg in the Pattaya mail archive,don't know if it goes back that far,as this "bar story " was posted in there.

During Songkran the postal services are closed,however they haven't managed it yet to prevent people from posting items during that period,and so the burning will probably have occured when the holidays were behind.

Because YOU haven't had any issues does that mean the OTHER people can't have issues with the postal system? Oh,and no they don't remove items from enveloppes to then send the reminder to the addressee,they just lose the whole thing.

Edited by janverbeem

You could go digg in the Pattaya mail archive,don't know if it goes back that far,as this "bar story " was posted in there.

During Songkran the postal services are closed,however they haven't managed it yet to prevent people from posting items during that period,and so the burning will probably have occured when the holidays were behind.

Because YOU haven't had any issues does that mean the OTHER people can't have issues with the postal system? Oh,and no they don't remove items from enveloppes to then send the reminder to the addressee,they just lose the whole thing.

Wait JB!, you first said; ''Ok,next you gonne say that there are no problems with Thai post and that things don't go missing if the enveloppe feels as having things inside that could be of value.''

now you are saying; '' Oh,and no they don't remove items from enveloppes to then send the reminder to the addressee,they just lose the whole thing.''

so which is it?

(see next post to expand on the issue)

was it simply a bar story about the burning then?

i ''digg'' all over Google but could not find a trace of a story of a burning ''' Postal Pyre in Pattaya '' (try saying that fast 3 times...) sounds like a headline from The Sun.....

finally, let me get this right, you say;

'''During Songkran the postal services are closed,however they haven't managed it yet to prevent people from posting items during that period''

so how do they post items when the postal service is closed?

do they break into the closed post offices and throw the mail on the desk and hope for the best?

maybe they kidnap a holidaying postal worker and make him open up the office just to accept the mail?

maybe they just leave it outside the office and hope someone will deal with it when they open up again?

maybe give it to a neighbouring shop and hope they will pop it in for you when they re-open?

so many questions, closed office, no staff, no access ? shades of Houdini.....

dam_n! how can they stop this happening?

do these people not know the damage they are doing to the reputation of the Thai Postal System?

depositing mail at a closed post office during holidays and in such quantities, that the Post Office have to burn it when the workers return to work, should be a crime!

these people who circumvent the regular system are a bloody nuisance and should be fined

no wonder some people imagine that its all the post offices fault

clearly its these bloody farang, no foreigners , ''people'' that are sneaking mail into an already overloaded system that are creating the problem not the Thai post Office........

Edited by timekeeper

''Because YOU haven't had any issues does that mean the OTHER people can't have issues with the postal system?''

just a thought? maybe i put my correct address for my incoming mail to be delivered to?

''Oh,and no they don't remove items from enveloppes to then send the reminder to the addressee,they just lose the whole thing.''

if they lose the whole thing and you never see it, how do you know that they did or didn't remove the item in the envelope before they lost it?

are you psychiatric?

did you have a vision?

do you have next weeks lottery numbers.......?

Edited by timekeeper

'''During Songkran the postal services are closed,however they haven't managed it yet to prevent people from posting items during that period''

do they break into the closed post offices and throw the mail on the desk and hope for the best?

maybe they kidnap a holidaying postal worker and make him open up the office just to accept the mail?

maybe they just leave it outside the office and hope someone will deal with it when they open up again?

maybe give it to a neighbouring shop and hope they will pop it in for you when they re-open?

I think they more than likely just pop it into one of those red post boxes you see around marked Thai Post.

Works for me.

I think they more than likely just pop it into one of those red post boxes you see around marked Thai Post.

Works for me.

that's a distinct possibility

do they then set fire to the box when its full?

GBP50 for a credit card letter via UPS seems absurdly high.

I agree.

I reserved UPS, Fedex, DHL or likes only for important and/or urgent documents.

A new credit card is useless and worthless while you did not activate it. My bank send me new cards from Europe by standard mail. Take about 1 week but no hurry because about 1 month before the previous card expire.

BTW, living here for more than 5 years and never got any problem with letters or packets. :jap:

''Because YOU haven't had any issues does that mean the OTHER people can't have issues with the postal system?''

just a thought? maybe i put my correct address for my incoming mail to be delivered to?

''Oh,and no they don't remove items from enveloppes to then send the reminder to the addressee,they just lose the whole thing.''

if they lose the whole thing and you never see it, how do you know that they did or didn't remove the item in the envelope before they lost it?

are you psychiatric?

did you have a vision?

I'm not gonne argue anymore as I remember how big an issue you made of it on this forum a few years ago when you claimed that the booth selling copy watches at the smelly market in south pattaya was cerified by Rolex to service Rolex watches,and every one else on this forum had a laugh at you. :lol:

are you psychiatric?

did you have a vision?

I'm not gonne argue anymore as I remember how big an issue you made of it on this forum a few years ago when you claimed that the booth selling copy watches at the smelly market in south pattaya was cerified by Rolex to service Rolex watches,and every one else on this forum had a laugh at you. :lol:

it was never an argument for me JB

i was simply taking the piss out of you and you made yourself such an easy target

you are still doing so......

i am flattered you remember me with such affection, its nice to know i left such a lasting impression on you, thank you

unfortunately despite you making over 1000 posts, i don't recall you making any outstanding contribution to any thread/post on TV where your opinion might have been significant enough to be remembered..............by anyone

this post won't make the grade either

however out of sympathy to your ineptitude, i will help you try to make your point

what i actually said in response to the now banned member i was in conflict with on the watch service thread, was that the husband of the lady at the shop in the market at Wat Chaiwatmongkol was Rolex trained and certified

i never once said '' that the booth selling copy watches at the smelly market in south pattaya was cerified by Rolex to service Rolex watches''

apparently a booth is an inanimate object.

just be sure of that, according to a reference on Websters On-line Dictionary, a booth is :

1: a temporary shelter for livestock or field workers 2: a stall or stand (as at a fair) for the sale or exhibition of goods

so from that description it doesn't sound like a 'booth' would be capable of actually being certified to service anything, never mind a Rolex watch

as to you claiming to be speaking on behalf of over 80,000 TV members by making the claim that ''everyone'' was laughing at me, is clearly as inaccurate as were your observations about the Thai Postal Service

so based on your dismal scoreline in this current exchange, i think its probably best to put your shovel away and stop digging this hole for yourself

for me its just an exercise in mental dextority to keep me tuned up but for you it looks like a huge effort for you to try to keep up

it might even result in something terminal

so save your stamina for someone you can pay to be more amicable, your wasting valuable heartbeats trying to best me...........

Right!! Thanks guys for all the insight into the postal system and the bonus subject of watch repairing, can we leave it at that please, In other words any off topic or argumentative posts below this line will be deleted.

As I needed my card ( due to the ATM eating mine, recent topic) I needed the new one delivering fast. From cancelling mine to receiving the new one was 7 days in total and that included the weekend + delivery to home in the UK before being sent on to me here.

No money = no beer and no food. No food might be OK but no beer is not OK :whistling:

It is expensive at £53. I never actually signed for it or was asked for ID from the deliver guy who turned up in a standard motor, not a UPS / Fedex type vehicle. All I did was intial his form. I could have been anyone.

If I had not been in urgent need I could have used a cheaper alternative and signed for delivery as I have done in the past with no problems.

But this topic was really about the cost of delivering a simple letter size package at the cost of £53. Expensive even if needed quickly and also guaranteed delivery.