Anyone Been For Their 90 Day Check Recently?

Chonburi Immigration require copies of : passport main page, current extension page, arrivals card plus proof of address.

When i asked there ,new rules? ,he smiled and said"new boss"

What a total waste of paper...We are all, I'm sure, registered somewhere on immigration's computer network..all that is needed is to see you and update the computer record. Perhaps proof of address. New boss should be reducing paperwork not increasing it.

A rule change just for the sake of changing the rule and showing that the new boss is doing something even if it is idiotic.

Edited by lopburi3
flame comment removed

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did my latest 90-day reporting at Maptaput Immigration this morning. A straightforward process as always: all I had to provide was a completed TM47 + passport. No proof of address required, nor even passport copies. Instead of the bottom part of the TM47, however, the IO affixed a pre-typed confirmation note to my passport, as was the case in July - see the thread I originated at http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/483164-annual-retirement-and-90-day-address-reporting-at-maptaput-immigration-yesterday/. Seems to be a Maptaput thing judging from other responses here.

Did my 90 day report at Chonburi Immigration (Jomtien Office) this morning, no one waiting so the officer on the front desk sent me straight to the desk no ticket required, they checked: completed TM47 (held on my computer so just change the date and print), copy of passport main page, copy of current extension, proof of address which was copy of my Thai driving licence. The officer never said a word, his trainee helper just smiled! in and out in under two minutes.

My reason for taking the documents listed is it has been reported both in local newspapers and in presentations to the Expats club that is what is required so as I have a three in one copier/printer/scanner at home it is no hassle to copy these documents and take them as this is easier than getting into a discussion with an immigration officer on what he now says you need. I put everything together with a paper clip and handed it over and as I say no questions, no drama all done for another 90 days with no stress on my part.

• 2 months later...

Did my 90 day report at Chonburi Immigration (Jomtien Office) this morning, no one waiting so the officer on the front desk sent me straight to the desk no ticket required, they checked:

completed TM47 (held on my computer so just change the date and print),

copy of passport main page,

copy of current extension, proof of address ....

It seems to me that the last time I went they also wanted a photocopy of the Arrival Card. Did they not ask about that?

:rolleyes:

Well, I guess I'll be a guinea pig for Chaeng Wattana then.

I'm due for a 90 day reporting on my retirement extension on 27 December.

Did my original application there on 25 September and it is clearly stamped in my passport that I need to return on 27 December.

The female immigration officer also made a point of showing me the date of my 90 day reporting and explained it in excellent English.

Anyhow, I will have copies of passport and such as I did for intial application.

I'd much rather carry the stuff, and not need it, than to not have it and be asked for it.

Since I use the 800K baht in a Thai bank account method, I will also have my bankbook with me.

On my initial application I was asked to go downstairs to my bank branch in Chaeng Wattana and make a deposit or withdrawal of 100 baht, so that the bank stamp/date would clearly show that on the day of my application I had the required 800K in my account.

I did that. and when I returned the immigration officer had all the forms filled in for me to sign.

No proof of address required, but she did ask me to put my telephone number above my signature.

Then sent to her supervisor who checked everything and stapled part of the form into my passport next to the reporting date stamp nad gave me a reciept.

Didn't have a bar code in September...so it will be interesting if they do give me one next week.

I'll post what happened.

:D